Wayno Grows

Wayno’s Grow Journal

I have read allot of information on this forum.
I have not done any kind of tracking or posting here before yesterday.
I will start this journal and hope that I can learn allot.
I can now completely understand how some of us can get so hooked on growing. Once you get this far, there is no turning back.
It is amazing to me that there are so many kind people here, that are so willing to help you out and give any information to you that might help.
I was encouraged by another grower to start this grow journal, so here we go.

This is my second grow. My first grow a few months ago was only successful because I was directed to this site and read everything I could find.

Current grow: 76 days today since soil pop, just started flowering within the last few days.

I defoliated some of the larger lower fan leaves, about 3 days ago to get more light to the new flowers on the lower branches.
Had to top one stretcher, front left.

Seedbank- ILGM
Strain- White Widow Autos
Growing Indoors, also have a few planted outside.
I live on a farm in a very rural area. We live in a Medical Card state, that has limited legal growing provisions.

Lighting- Spider Farmer SF-2000 LED, 18" to 24" above plants current lighting schedule 18/6

Growing in a small room in our house that has central heat and air.
Temps- stay in the mid 70’s with RH generally between 50 to 60%
I keep a fan blowing lightly 24 hrs. No ventilation. We Love the smell ! and do not have allot of company out here, other than our grown kids.

Pot Size- 5 gal fabric pots
Soil- our pre mix of Coco, Mother Earth potting soil with perlite, and worm castings
Nutrients- Only worm castings top dressed so far
PH Numbers- I have not checked to date. Should be a neutral 7 ? with our soil type and well water ? We have a very good well. Grows everything beautifully.

Watering- I have four plants growing in 4 pots. Currently using 3 gals of well water every other day.

This is my most prolific outdoor plant. It is also a White Widow auto. It was germinated and popped the soil on the same date as my indoor plants on 4/25/21. I planted a few outside just out of curiosity. Not because I knew anything about what I was doing.

These are the same 4 indoor plants at 60 days, approx 2 weeks ago.
They have come along ways in just the last two weeks

Thank you to All of the growers here, for all of your help and experienced information !
I never expected such a warm welcome for a Newbie !

18 Likes

Hi @wayno

Awesome of you to share your grow journal and looking forward to seeing your flowers bloom. Great setup and lovely looking healthy plants.

2 Likes

Thank you very much @chrisj !

1 Like

Looking forward to watching your grow. I started pretty much the same way here as you have. Did a lot of reading and looking at other grows and learning from these master growers as I grew my own. Looking forward to seeing your Auto’s as I have only grown Fem’s. I’m currently growing a fem White Widow so if you get a chance check out my journal as well. I’m not as good as most the people here but learning as well.

3 Likes

Thanks allot for taking the time to take a look @felejr !
I appreciate that.
I am green as gourd. But I sure do hope to learn how to grow those
big ole massive buds we see everyday on this site.
Any help I am lucky enough to receive is greatly appreciated !

I don’t really know much about navigating this site yet ?
How do I find your grow ??

4 Likes

Will follow the journal. Sense you’re growing with leds you will need to up the temp and the humidity for maximum growth. Take a look at vpd chart for leds. You would want your temps from 84-86 and humidity of 70-75%. Your plants will thank you gratefully homie.:facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3::metal:t3:

7 Likes

Wow. I had no idea… Thanks allot @utrapuff ! I will go close that AC vent right now. How do I raise the humidity ? With a humidifier ?

3 Likes

Yes sir… Need a humidifier… One that blows out cold a steam . Not the hot. Depending on the size of your room you might need 2. And you might need a dehumidifier also for later in flower to avoid bud rot. The bigger the plant gets the more it Will transpire… And warmer temp in your grow will make a tad more humid from faster evaporation…

3 Likes

Too Kool ! Thanks for the Help ! The room itself is not that large, but it is 10’ by 20’. Its a breezeway between the
house and garage. Im only growing in one corner of it, but there is allot of open space. More room for more bud !

7 Likes

20210428_174651

tenor (4)

I’m definitely going enjoy your journal! Glad your here!

5 Likes

Ha ! Thanks @Slym3r… its all your fault. Thanks for the help !

2 Likes

Welcome to GN! I’ll be following. :older_man::owl::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hello @Olcoot. Thank you !
I have been reading your guys stuff for so long, its like hearing from old friends.
I’ll try to learn something

6 Likes

If you click on my avatar at the top left of my post you will get a new screen that give basic information above me and see a line about threads I’ve created. Click on that and you can see my first grow thread. I’m not real good at navigating this site yet either so hope I can get you there.

4 Likes

I’m like that too sometimes. I read something and think “I bet I could do that”. (Leeroy Jenkins)

what area are you growing in? What’s the closest major city?

3 Likes

go to your page and type @wayno in the replys and it will take him there

2 Likes

GM @OlyBoy. I appreciate you looking at my little grow.

I am in MO. Southwest MO. About an hour & half south of KC
We have a little place along the Osage River.
We have been blessed with an abundance of Rain !
Poor folks to the west of us are still in a drought, and we are about to drown
The river is flooded and out of the banks for miles, all the way to Truman Lake
I learned a lifetime ago, never complain about the rain !

4 Likes

GM @pptrsha1 . We are bumbling around trying to figure out
the navigation on this site.
Thanks ! somebody always knows a better or quicker way to get there

2 Likes

@happilyretired , here it is…

@wayno , you tag by putting the @ symbol in front of the name of the person you want to tag… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Nighttime humidity for outdoor plants can be a real hassle. I normally avoid removing perfectly good leaves, but i would thin out the inside leaves on your outdoor plant. If one lead is laying on another leaf, I’d remove one of the leaves to increase airflow and decrease the chances of bud rot.

4 Likes