We're going on an ADVENTURE!

Hey everyone(long time, no see). I have been working as a grower for a while, and now I’m getting ready to set up my own personal grow at my place after a lot of industry drama.

Anyway, I have a space in my garage that is (WxHxL)25in x 95in x 99in. I had tried a barebones setup the first time and grew some auto CBD (Pure Red) seeds. They came out okay but had a massive light leak, and temperature problems since I had done a halfa** setup.

I want to set it up right this go around, so I’m planning to build an enclosed area that I could open and close as needed. I’ve attached a photo, but I’m curious to hear how you all would go about setting this up. I was considering one giant door I could swing open for access, but I would love some alternate opinions.

6 Likes

Hi @kevgrows11

Welcome back to GN, longtime. Sorry to hear about the politics, it sounds horrible and I think the same is happening in Canada, not to mention South Africa, its really just politrix and big companies buying out the smaller guys.

I like your setup. What is your setup with the lights? Looks like you have a upper and lower shelf to grow?

A sealable door makes sense, especially since its in the garage. I would use a staple gun and put white plastic across all the wooden panels, or just paint it white. Depending what is easier. But I think the wood needs to be sealed for moisture, mold and rot.

Since you also having heat issues, something I am also dealing with and even more so in the hot summer months. We are planning on building a greenhouse outside our grow where the air intake comes through, so we can manage the heat better. Further to that, we going to add a small UV light and box to sterilize the air coming in. dont know what your air circulation is like, but you want as much fresh cool air in and get the hot air out.

7 Likes

Hey, so yeah I was running a basic top bottom setup, with two T5 lights running vegetative light on the bottom. The top is 1000-watt LED lights from NANOLUX (they were cheap on amazon a year ago). I have three of those running for flowering, and they are all set on timers. Also, my watering is all done passively through a Blumat Trumpf system.

I was considering, if I should be keeping a top/bottom setup or if I should just stick to flowering and veg my plants out elsewhere.

Currently, there is no airflow set up(I wanted to see if I could do it all natural) so once I wall everything in, I’ll need to create an intake and outtake for all airflow. I’m hoping 10-12 plants will be a perfect size, and I think I may need to up my light game as well. Any recommendations on airflow and lights would be appreciated.

Side note… yeah the industry is a rough place. I was actually let go for getting hurt on the job… no one seems to care about the people growing the product, but that is a completely different soap box to start.

5 Likes

@kevgrows11

No just NO. Work out your airflow first, its so important for the plants growth and health, espcially since you going to squeeze 10-12 plants in there. Slow down on your lights and invest in a inline fan to pull the hot air out and atleast and have a passive intake. Promise you going to run into all kinds of issues with out proper airflow. Dont forget a small occilating fan for inside the room, helps with moving stagnant air and gives you strong stems.

8 Likes

totally get that. Yeah, I have two oscillating fans in the flowering top part. I was thinking I’ll need to build the skeleton of the place out, then get some airflow going. All my stuff is either cheap, or second hand so I was trying to piece it together, but it’s time to start investing.
I’ve been growing for a few years, and understand the plant really well, but always been super lazy about my own setup (growing for 8-10 hours for a job, then coming home and growing can be an issue of motivation).

What intake or air cir. system would you recommend?

6 Likes

Hey Everybody, welcome to generation two of this new grow project. If you clicked on this, now you’ve been brought in, let’s go on this journey together.

We are starting a brand new grow in a pump house. This small 4x6 space is a blank canvas. I attached the starting progress I made by painting the entire place white. I will be hanging a light or two (open to suggestions on LED lights for flowering). I will also run an intake and outtake system(again drop any suggestions below) for proper flow and have two small oscillating fans in the room.

Time to prepare for the hanging of the lights and the creating of the airflow…

8 Likes

I’m beginning today. Just popped some Super Cookies CBD (Ed Rosenthal) and some free Purple Punch (genetics unknown). I’ll start posting regular updates, as the seeds pop!

Does anyone know either of the two strains or any tips for heavy producing? Looking to see how best I can achieve that. I’m also running DaKine fertilizer. Excited to see what’s next, grown plenty of stuff for other people, but this is my first time for myself.

7 Likes

Update Time!

So it’s been a little while, and there have been a flurry of issues. First off, ghosts went into the grow one night and pushed all my babies onto the floor… I came in to see my wee babies strewn across the ground. I quickly transplanted them to their permanent 2 gallon pots, but two died in the transplant process. Both were Purple punch sad… RIP!

Then… my wife decided she wanted to come in and help and buried the small stems in so just the leaves were showing, and I watched as two more died. So, we have 3 CBD seeds and 1 purple punch after the culling.

This is how she looks this morning, temp at 78F and humidity at 48%. Fingers crossed we limp our way to vegetative growth.

7 Likes

With these nummers you’re at a VPD of 1.70 kPa. That’s on the edge brother. You might wanna try to up your RH to around 60-65%

10 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I’m hoping to get a fresh air outlet(when money allows). I just got a humdifier and have that going on a two on two off timer. Do you think that would be enough?

9 Likes

Definitely should be enough for your room. Good luck!

9 Likes

Another Check-in.

After watching six babies die after the ghost attacked(and my wife) I decided to get back on the horse and popped some more seeds I had. Today I popped 5 seeds of “Milk Truck” by Fat Cat Labs. I’ve never run it before and I’m excited to see more.

I also got my Blumat system up, and was wondering your guys opinion. I am currently using some shotty makeshift holders for my tubing(look below).

Do you guys have any suggestions or things that you use to keep your tubing up and level? Also PS. don’t mind the wifes dying plants :sweat_smile: i’m on mission “can you try and save these”.

8 Likes

Id run them on the wall with some pex j hooks.

8 Likes

I like those :slight_smile: will have to remember them I just use plastic conduit clamps

6 Likes

thanks! those look great, i’ve been toying around with running it on the wall, but I don’t quite have enough tubing to make it yet, gotta get more!

8 Likes

Got my first benefical insect! Love to see some natural predators coming to help!

8 Likes

@chrisj @PreyBird1 and @Slym3r are really heavy here on the forum usually all the grow exp. Comes from them and a few others like @mrwonderful @happilyretired @sssportsmfg aka marty just to name a few. These guy will get you right. Most of the time it’s a matter of a person over thinking. These plants are nature and nature always finds a way. Good luck man @kevgrows11

11 Likes

oh so true :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Heck yeah. Looks trippy under the light.

10 Likes

thanks! and yeah I love the look of the bug under the lights. Fingers crossed the craiglist gods provide me with some better lighting options… but for now these are bright as the sun!

7 Likes