We're going on an ADVENTURE!

they make seeds and most of them do not breed seeds

seed makers most of the time just reproduce other people’s work (breeding)

it takes time to really work any type of plant/seed line

make a cross grow out that cross pick some plants and make f2s

and start all over :slight_smile:

or you can go out spend some coin buy some big name hotrod clones

buy a pack of big name beans find a male

chuck some pollen and be a seed maker but that does not make you a breeder

Nirvana is a seed maker but I have grown their work (knockoffs) as it is cheap and they ship well

to try something I do not want to pay 10 - 15 dollars a bean for

their stuff has always grown like it is true F1s but who knows

bad? for you and I probably not :slight_smile: for the breeder that has truly worked a line :frowning: maybe

see that is a great attitude :slight_smile: we come to talk about what we do grow The Weed

I have been on lots of grow boards have seen them crash and burn, I left some because

as BB King said “the thrill is gone”

lots of Captains of Industry only care about the coin :frowning:

kinda a Human thing eh?

nope :slight_smile: just my two cents and we all know what that is worth :wink:

all the best and have a great day

Dequilo

11 Likes

I think its there business model and trying to copy others work and floading the market with shitty fakes. I agreed to grow some ilgm beans to do a preservation run for friend but they didn’t even sprout. And I know a lot of growers that got nothing but herms and or shitty plants from ilgm seed stock. I went on there forum to see what i was missing and its a joke of a site all about money and advertising. No outside links at all they instantly block it if you post post one to a thread. There moderators have sticks up there asses and act like there the forum gods lol @ ilgm sorry ass forum. I wont ever grow there seeds and the same for crop king seeds. I grew there trainwreck strain and it was pure garbage thee most shittiest plant i ever grown. Id rather help people with quality seeds and genetics then make loads of money. I already have a job, but i would like to have my seed business in the side. But i dont care like they do about money. I do my breeding and testing as a hobby and to help me make my own pain medicine for my body pain and mental health. I like learning how to breed properly and understand it better so i can be better doing it. I learn better by doing it hands on! Im nobody in the seed world. I just try and make what works for me and what i like to smoke.

14 Likes

I really appreciate you guys and all the knowledge. I figured those seeds were probably knock offs(if it’s too good to be true, more often than not it is). However, I was desperate for a good “Kush Mints” it’s been my white whale for a while ever since I managed to get a zipper from a respectable grower in WA.

I got fingers crossed for even just one good plant that I can clone and make a mom with, but otherwise I am just in love with the growing process, if the industry hadn’t chewed me up and spit me out(long sob story) then i’d still probably be doing it for work and pleasure. I couldn’t agree more that a true seed company deserves all the love, but it’s a hard pill to swallow to want to buy a Compound Genetics seed pack for 350$ or more, so we work within our budget and grow the loudest thing possible.

Thanks for being as stuck in the weeds as I am :laughing:

Additional question… anyone know where to get some good used (or new) grow lights. I’m a huge fan of LEDs (living in the boonies means I need to watch my wattage) I currently am running 3 1000 watt LED growlights from Vivosun, but in my personal experience they just aren’t cut out for it. I want to try and find something better, but also don’t want to spend a ton going to somewhere like my local Growgeneration.

10 Likes

if it is good for you than it is a good plant :slight_smile: lot beans out there for a buck or two

as long as the maker is honest as to what they are selling you

I always ask what it is an F what? if I am to pay 6 or 8 bucks a bean for IBLs

I should have cookie cutter babies and if I make beans I should have cookie cutter

babies

I do not see too many people running regulars :frowning:

grow well and live

Dequilo

9 Likes

See, I agree with Prey, their business is indeed in flooding the market with their cheaper seeds. So for all the breeders putting effort and dedication in their work, that is per definition bad.
And for the grower, you can say maybe not, you get cheap seeds right. And you might find a great pheno. But you also might grow a bunch of hermies and a whole lot of other crap. And you’re becoming part of the problem, slowly squeezing the real breeders (especially the smaller, craft breeders) out of business buying from these giants that push out seeds like a violent diarrhea.

When a reputable ‘Chateau’ brings out a good wine, produced from a Semillon and and a Syrah grape, it doesn’t mean that when Aldi produces a Semillon x Syrah the next year it’ll be the same good wine…

That said, some breeders should not go too hard overboard with their prices either imho. It’s a supply & demand thing, but also: what are you prepared to pay for it? As long as there are fools enough paying the highest price, prices will rise.

10 Likes

Youre good people man

10 Likes

Hey, does anyone else use the Blumat watering system?

I am using the blumat Trumpf:
How the Tropf works

Anyone else have experience using it, if so I’d love to hear how your learning curve went. I feel like i’ve tried multiple different configurations and none of them have the perfect flow I want yet.

7 Likes

Thanks for your replies. I was pummeled by COVID last week so I didn’t have the energy to respond.
In my opinion the best possible future we could choose for this plant is to entrust it to you guys.

8 Likes

feeling better @truthhound ?

9 Likes

Absolutely! Thanks for asking. To be honest I feel pretty lucky. I have a medical background and my personal experience with this virus is that it is Not A Joke. The neurological symptoms were alarming. No wonder the damn thing has killed over 1 million Americans. Yeah, I’m grateful!

10 Likes

Glad your feeling better @truthhound Not a joke indeed…

9 Likes

@truthhound definitely not a joke when i got it i got it bad was pretty concerning nothing has put me in bed for 6 days like that before 2 weeks off work brain fog for 3mths afterwards

10 Likes

Really happy to hear you’re doing better! Yeah, my wife is a RN and has seen this whole thing unfold firsthand at the hospitals, glad to hear you’re back to healthy and doing good!

Weird pivot, but speaking of health, i’ve been having some really bad body issues, due to a career change, but long story short; i’m switching careers and spending majority of my time working behind a desk at a computer now, and need to find a good office chair, any suggestions from everyone here? My back and neck have been seizing up from this bad one i’m using so i’m willing to try anything for some comfort right now haha

8 Likes

Lots of higher end options out there…Herman Miller, Steelcase, HumanScale…these are commercial spec chairs, meaning they last forever, cost alot, and have a great warranty. Generally anything by those names will have ergonomic design specific, most of the industry has gone this direction as general practice.
I personally have 2 HumanScale Freedom Chairs…lumbar adjustment, headrest, arm adjustments, seat adjustments, reclining…they are at least 20 yrs old. I’ve rebuilt them at least once, lift cylinder, cushions, arm pads etc.

8 Likes

Thank you, I’m looking now!

The last grow I worked at blew out my body (knee and back issues) and now i’m retraining myself for a job in cybersecurity, however the pain in my body sitting for 8 hours at a desk has me hurting; so I appreciate all the help!

7 Likes

hey everyone, long time no talk! haha, I come baring a question, “what LED lighting would you recommend for a small 4 x 8 room”?

(Side note: the lights I have been using have been cheap ‘maybe’/‘supposedly’ 1000 watt LEDs that I bought off Amazon, however they never have me the lumin output I am looking for.)

6 Likes

Very well said @PreyBird1 . Hope to one day grow some of your strains. They look Amazing. Great Work :+1:

7 Likes