What are your favorite tools or equipment?

Do you have a set of favorite tools that you find absolutely necessary.

Some special piece of equipment you just couldn’t do without?

Share and discuss all your favorite tools and equipment with us.

I personally feel not enough people are taking advantage of the flood of inexpensive Infrared thermometers now available. They can make it much easier for the home grower to up their game.

happy growing,

MacG

6 Likes

Great question, @macgyver_stoner!

I’ll take a stab at this one: jeweler’s loupe + camera with magnification, vine clips, metal shelving for organization, pot elevators, and my Truncheon for measuring PPM/EC are just a few of my favorite things.

How about other growers? What are some of your favorite garden tools?

7 Likes

For me, it’s my “parts” room.

A separate room adjoining my grow room that is my own little “grow store”.

It contains all my “extras and spares” from lights to hydroponic and soil growing equipment. It was all accumulated either through buying to many materials or extras that were left over from previous grows.

A quick tour

4 Likes

6bf293b2234f4cf6fa8d1467f58e6e70a4d3bc1c_2_243x500_LI

What is that! LOL

4 Likes

An old 100 watt hid hood and ballast together.

It’s what I used back in the 2000s lol and it’s a little rusted up.

Only 100 watts though and it’s got a MH bulb in it so I have used it for seedlings occasionally the past several years

7 Likes

That’s almost like having you dirty underwear hanging there lol.

8 Likes

I find that light much more useful than a pair of dirty underwear lol

6 Likes

As I was transferring water from buckets to my main reservoir last night, I thought to myself… that little Wayne transfer pump is one of the most important tools in my garden.

8 Likes

Lil’ Wayne is making transfer pumps now?

6 Likes

As long as your shorts don’t have rust stains like that. :crazy_face:

8 Likes

You gotta be smart and buy the right color underwear

images%20(5)

6 Likes

Well put together Tim the Tool-man would be proud. How long did take you to piece together that kit. Well thought out and clean!.

6 Likes

Which kit @hiesenberg3? My parts room?

Welcome to the forum btw

5 Likes

Ya I Apologize for word choice yes your parts room. It looks like it had TLC in its construction. Thank you very much for the invite I am stoked to be here.

6 Likes

Actually its an old elevator room that I just started using for parts.

I have dished out allot of TLC but that was mainly in the grow room

Got a couple of new things in the parts room

Bowl trimmer

Co2 tank (needs refill)

Old light @macgyver_stoner

Old cheapies

Nice light

Miscellaneous

Extra reservoirs

Miscellaneous wall

Old elevator shaft

Then through the blue tarp door is where the magic happens

@hiesenberg3

8 Likes

damn, I need to catch up. The student has become the master, lol. I wish my grow area was that organised.

4 Likes

Spotless thanks for the educational photography. What is your “go” to strain? Also what about you macgyver you an indoor man or more of an out door operation?

5 Likes

That’s a good question, I’ve never settled on one

5 Likes

From now on my go to is Gorilla Glue #4… first time growing it but I love every version and extract of it I have smoked or made… it was one of our dear friends Crazy Otto’s favorites… @tdubwilly can relate to this… I was coming down from his upper grow chamber and asked… “where the hell is the gorilla glue I am smelling”… he laughed and said…“look up”… and there it was drying by the ceiling in the stair well above me…lol… miss that crazy mofo badly…

10 Likes

I love my pump sprayer and tea brewer (by simplicitea) (the author from teaming with microbes owns this company) I use my pump sprayer to sterilize as well as do my sprays.

6 Likes