What are your favorite tools or equipment?

Oh yea i coudent go without my humidifier by hydrofogger it’s a beast can keep up with a 14" vortex exhausting non stop during winter in a 22 light set up. (It’s super dry in the winter here as well ) so super impressed

6 Likes

Thanks for treasurer trove of info. I do have to say gorilla glue number #4 was my first strain I was stuck (No pun intended) to and the first strain I tried and made made me a firm believer in cannabis as a alternative source of medicine I tried to grow from seed. That was before I actually became even a glimpse of cannabis knowledge. Needless to say the horses would not even eat that hey. Right now I am toying with DWC.

4 Likes

I don’t know really anything above extraction but like all things cannabis. I am a fiend for knowledge especially for extraction. I have only extracted the green goddess in various oils and butters. Is it a very hard skill to master? Most importantly Canada is on a bucket list what would you recommend to to do for recreation being from their as far as activities? I heard fishing is great up there nothing like a bowl of herbal health and a fishing pole. @Ladithief

4 Likes

There is a lot to see in Canada - and a lot to do! It all depends on what you like and where you want to go - if you go to Alberta you can enjoy mountains, skiing, etc. If you like fly fishing, you can hit up Labrador or the interior of BC (Kamloops). If you want to hunt giant white tailed deer, Canada has you covered.

I used to cover Canada for work, and (as a Minnesotan) I used to always take my skates with me when I went Up Nord Der Eh. Any park in Canada in the winter has a bunch of people playing hockey pretty much all day long. I used to go jump into pick-up hockey games in the evenings in whatever park was nearby.

5 Likes

We have a cannabis friendly cabin resort about 45 minutes from me… we are slaying the fish… we can limit out on pickerel in about 90 minutes at the moment in the river 300’ from my house which is also the international border with the states… shit ever make it to Southern Ontario my dab rig is always on and @Packee and my extracts are always on the menu…lol…

5 Likes

That sounds like a great place. I have never been to Minnesota as well but have a huge group of people I know in Michigan. I like the greenery of East coast I love the beaches and atmosphere of the west but there is something always attracting me to greener pastures maybe it’s an affinity for cannabis.

3 Likes

We have one of the few blue flag beaches in Canada 20 minutes north… also I can look to left right this second and see Michigan… and hockey… ready to play any second…lol…

4 Likes

Damn that sounds like a great set up. Are you a fan of deep sea fishing or the simplicity and ease of going to nearby cannabis friendly cabin. I must say If I involve dab,fishing a good grill and some good company. I will be stuck for a moment or two Speaking of fish have you ever infused cannabis with a butter or oil and apply it to what you caught?

2 Likes

I microdose very often … the wife infuses bacon and honey etc…I will marinade steak in a 15-20mg mix… so the simple answer no to fish but yes to many things… I even take trimmed fan leaves and make a salad… I want to start juicing raw fans… before the trichomes so you don’t get right wrecked…

3 Likes

Well done seems like you know the micro dose on a profession level I applaud that. I am envious I will have to try a steak now infused in marinade. That is my favorite form Of consumption as well but like you said they will wreck you. Winter is coming for you so you have to ready up for some pick up games. Appreciate the knowledge you imparted.

2 Likes

What do you have going on here? What kinda system do you have?

3 Likes

Well I don’t have it all pieced together. But me being broker than a disabled toker. I am going with a 2. 5 gallon buckets 2. 3in net cups 1 30 watt Costco grow light,hydrocarbon,a zillion starter plugs. 3 2in net cups. A pet-smart air pump,8ft hose line, 1 wedding cake seed and 1 GSC with extension cord and apartment. In the process of trying to procure airstone, master control kit, nutrients and most importantly knowledge on subject which I am gaining a plethora from you guys just in the day I been here. Any help would be appreciated. I went to school for Water Treatment got in to a three week coma had to relearn everything even my mother, Used my course I enrolled a week prior as therapy. So I am confident in my abilities if given information as a TBI messed up short term memory. Long term good. I will post pictures when it is completed. Or i can show what I have now if want but I am trying to make lemonade out of rusty sheet metal

2 Likes

With this light you better just go with one plant, in fact, if you could do three of those on one plant I think you will be much happier with the outcome

3 Likes

Hey thank appreciate that I would have been devastated. I will just save up bite the bullet and get a kickass light. I get to single mindedness at times. Very glad joined GN even more now.

4 Likes

How are your electronics skills? DIY lights are worth looking into. @dbrn32 can help out if you are interested.

5 Likes

Yea how are those skills and what kinda budget did you have?

4 Likes

Could you afford this? @hiesenberg3

3 Likes

My “big” lights are ones I made myself - generally with @dbrn32’s help. :slight_smile:

There are essentially three kinds of lights you can build yourself in the LED world:

1. PCB (printed circuit board) lights like Quantum Boards (Horticulture Lighting Group HLG 300 V2 LED - 300W 2 Quantum Boards - DISCONTINUED)
  2. COB-based lights (https://growershouse.com/california-light-works-solarxtreme-500-led-grow-light-400w-cob-system-sx-500-120v)
  3. Strip-based lights (Fluence SPYDR 2x 345W LED Grow Light - 100-277v | direct from Growers House)

I personally have #1 and #2 type lights.

For the PCB lights the main thing is getting the actual boards - those can be had via Alibaba directly from the manufacturers - in an ideal world this whole tariff situation will get properly resolved and that will make this option less expensive than it is now, but I have found 65w Samsung-based PCBs on Alibaba with free shipping for very reasonable prices. The nice thing about the PCB style lights is that you don’t usually need to also purchase and install heatsinks with them.

COB lights typically require the COB, something to hold the COB (a holder), and a heatsink to mount the COB to (usually a round pin heatsink).

Everything else is the same really - wire, connectors, the right driver to provide electricity to the light array, and some kind of substrate/frame to mount them to and hang in your grow space.

4 Likes

This is were it starts getting murky as far as circuitry nodes and such none just theoretical shimmer at most. But I know people well versed that would be able to spend time putting it together and instructing If I ask if I need a crash course I should be about to attain it.

3 Likes

Depending on the light, think about 25 to 50 watts per square foot of canopy.

Have you seen this?

4 Likes