What do yo do with your trim and fan leaves?

I have been composting my trim and fan leaves. That makes MLB crazy. I know you CAN make lower grade extracts, etc from it but is it worth it? MLB puts it in salad sometimes but other than that it all goes back into the biosphere. Open to better ideas.

4 Likes

check out the fermented plant juice area…

4 Likes

Compost - worms like weed too.

5 Likes

I think it depends on what we’re looking for, it’s claimed to cold process them CBD’s can be extracted , the THC for me isn’t worth it so I no longer bother. CBD tea once in a while.

3 Likes

We use our extra leaves as animal feed for pigs, chickens and donkeys. Also use the younger leaves in smoothies for us, damn good fibre and nutrients for us. The rest is composted or used as bedding for chickens.

3 Likes

I use mine to make cannabis compost with bokashi. I throw my male plants in there too.

2 Likes

Make bubble hash out of your trim.

4 Likes

You can try infusing it into butter/oils like olive oil sunflower ect. Or you can make a tincture and then use that tincture to make infused sugar to bake with or cook with. You can also infuse slaves and oils for skin soarnes care. The better trimmings you use the better product. And a good rule of thumb for the amount of trim you should use. You just double the amount of “bud” in the recipe.

4 Likes

the trim and fan leaves have a lot less potent and less quantity of extracts and infusions, but i still use them that way anyway. most leaves i actually mix with my tobacco, since i roll my own ciggs. they taste better/different, but i can’t smoke em out in public. it’d be asking for trouble. i liked using trim for my first experiments in extracting like BHO and ISO over 10 years ago, then moved on to infusions like cannabutter or coco-canna oil. it helped me to refine my process, and i have a few people who like my “lower dose” edibles… namely my own mother who doesn’t smoke or anything. i plan on making some soon, now that my harvests are over. i was thinking of starting a topic or 2 about them when i do. i had a group on FB for a while and it was fun, but no one was really involved except me. now that i’ve gotten rid of FB all together, this is my new cannabis outlet to find like-minded people.

3 Likes

Soy Tea
Butter
Edibles
Peanut Butter Sammich - Baked

4 Likes

Sometimes I’ll make fertilizer I use in veg foliar spraying. Trim in bucket. Leaf mold inoculation in bucket. Good clean water in bucket. Let it sit and ferment of course. Use it. Lil goes a long long way. People hate it cuz it stinks for sure but it is so effective. You can scale it down in mason jars.

Tate

4 Likes

Definitely save sugar trim for extracts, I use my sugar trim for making bubble hash. Even the lowest grade piles of bubble are surprisingly good and are a closer comparison to regular hash IMO. Even if you don’t want to personally use the sugar trim you should save it and donate it to someone who will use it. Alot of times I see people who throw away all their trim and then later on I’ll see someone who’s been diagnosed with cancer asking for help getting meds. Here are some pics of bubble I’ve made with trim.

4 Likes

They purdy

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Here’s some trim bin dry sift from some hindsight trim and a hash flag. Common culture trimming trays will work as well. This hasn’t been cleaned with extra screens, carding or static tech. The dark spots are plant material. You can always compost the leftover plant matter at the end as well.

2 Likes

Wow, that is cool! my worms will be bummed but no more trim in the compost!
I have a set of the bags for hash. Just haven’t done it.

3 Likes

Oh man! I am searching for Common Culture trays.

3 Likes