What does red dots on the leaves mean?

I sprayed my plants using the following products for pest prevention:
*Monterey Garden Insect Spray
*Monterey B.t. spray
*Monterey Take Down Garden Spray
*Safer Caterpillar Killer spray
*Spectracide Immunox Multi-Purpose Fungicide spray
*Flying Skull Nuke Em Insecticide & Fungicide spray
(1) cap of each into a (1) gallon pump sprayer.

I come out today to check on the plants and just happened to see red dots on a few of the leaves on each plant. I took the leaf off to place it under a microscope. I have no idea what this is. Don’t know if it’s a bug, or bug poop or is it from the spray. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

Not really sure what I’m looking at there buddy.

Anybody else got thoughts?

@mattybear
@Ladithief
@hoppiefrog
@blackthumbbetty

3 Likes

The same… not sure what to look at…

4 Likes

I’d say you have a reaction from mixing your sprays. I never mix any pesticides. Even if organic best to alternate pesticides. And try to identify what you are trying to kill and only use the correct sprays to treat . Most common pests can be treated with azamax and spinosad (it’s the MJ. Garden spray. ) U would see if u have catapiller infestation. If u have spider mites u will see the webs and marks on the leaves. If you have thrips you will see shiny spots on the leaves if you look close you can see the shiny spots are like little pits or like a strip that is thinner on the leaves (all marks are small) .

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. That’s probably what it is. I experienced a caterpillar infestation last year so just trying to stay on top of things. Even covered my greenhouse door with mosquito netting to keep the butterflies out.

4 Likes

No problem any time;)

3 Likes

Here are a few more pictures of what I mean by seeing red dots.

4 Likes

Never seen that before. My best guess is something is pooping on your leaves.

3 Likes

I almost thought they were bugs but take it there not moving if you think poop haha I’m having some funky issue with a clone I put outside all my seed plants are rockin out but that one clone… idk but yeah looks like bug poops

3 Likes

It’s the nature of outdoor growing I’m learning

1 Like

…lol… I love outdoor as my issues are minimal… indoor just not working for me… but I am trying to grow in the summer here and the humidex is going to 120F today it is already 104F at 10am…lol… the last week has been all in the 90’s

6 Likes

Same here been 85° f today will be 100-105°f please god let the silica they been eating there whole life help as much as possible lol

4 Likes

I got pounded by 80mph ewinds last night rolled 5 of 6 root balls right over…lol… not a stalk bent what so ever…lol…

5 Likes

100-105°f is fricken hot. I need to try out this silica I’ve been hearing about lately. I’m still learning. I haven’t seen too many red dots lately. When I do, I just take them off.

6 Likes

Silica is a must have for me. It really adds strength and defenses to your plants.

6 Likes

The rice hull silica is amazing…

4 Likes

I use burdock root in my mix

4 Likes

Quick snap shot of my babies. Blue Bubba & Blue Dream. Day 22 in bloom.

7 Likes

They look awesome!

4 Likes

Wow look at them big, beautiful ladies :grin: nice job :wink:

3 Likes