What else do you grow in your garden?

I just removed all the grass and weeds around my honey berry bushes. These suckers are seriously cold hardy up to -20F you need to have at least 2 different types so they can pollinate each other. I have an Aurora borealis, a viking aurora and a honey bee!
https://honeyberryusa.com/about-honeyberry.html
Heres a link to where i get my hasklap/honey berry bushes.

5 Likes

Must water more!

6 Likes

Progress

Mint and Catnip both have nice purple flowers

11 Likes

9 Likes

Dam you guys are way ahead of me, I’m just getting started because of temps. Just got cucs. and melons in yesterday, corn and more will be this weekend. @rucifer999 @Skinnyhb looks awesome

7 Likes

Always be Growing

6 Likes

@Skinnyhb Still have alot of room to fill, lol cucumbers, and cantaloupe so far. :sunglasses:

13 Likes

Looking good Dforce! Your climate looks just like mine. Where on the globe you’re at?

8 Likes

Michigan, temps start to even out around end of May. Any time sooner is so unpredictable, can have frost in the morning and warm up to 70°

8 Likes

perfectenschlag-perfect

5 Likes

This Az heat is killer for crops. I have blackberries and strawberries also but have to build a good setup for the temperamental plants.

6 Likes

It’s funny you help them out. I make them hate grow. Usually I’ll flood the flower bed in the morning, sometimes I also flood it in the evening. By flood I mean simply a standing 1/2" of water. I use all the soil from my previous grows to give my garden bed the nutrients it needs. My cats also donate a lot of free :poop: and as a result of their free :poop: I give my grown food to my neighbors. All these fools eating my cats shit, it fills me with joy.

8 Likes

Your neighbors reading this
:eye::lips::eye:

8 Likes

Strawberries, all sorts of beans, cabbages, carrots, potatoes, salads, onion, leek, spinache, and other greens…

13 Likes

That’s a bit like over here. Although, the morning frost part is now officially over.

6 Likes

Very nice. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@Skinnyhb hey to get more tomatoes. “Tickle the flowers” A tomato plants flower is both a male and a female. The male is the pointed down bottom part and the female is the upper part with the pedals. If youget a small stick or your finger and lightly flick or jiggle the male part it will pollinate it like if a honey bee were to vibrate or disturb the male portion of the flower. But be warned you can get way too many tomatos!! Also did you get a couple tomatoe spikes in the ground for easy fertilization for the season?

6 Likes

I need to go out there and pick all the veg off of my plants. It’s going to be a fruit fly heaven if I don’t.

4 Likes

Last time i had too much and i gave away too much! Seriously i had complaints from the vegetarians i was giving them too many veggies. And after i was in that bad motorcycle accident i couldn’t really work in the garden and i did a half ass garden last year. I was going to prep my garden today because i have 2 days off.

6 Likes

But F’n raining and making mud and i thing i got a flat on the tiller when i hit a ground cloth staple.

5 Likes