What else do you grow in your garden?

We did several bush camps as children they wernt scouts they were actually like bible camps it was called camp Calumet and u had to basically learn to survive on natural earth and God haha I did my last yr when I was 16 I confirmed and lost faith in my old congregation and left kuz church is to defined to actually understand what God actually is and not jus some rules to live by and outrageous stories but I learnt how to make a bow drill fire starter and use it flip canoes back over once there filled w water , Smoking and preserving , primitive traps , fishing w nets all sorts of shit and they tought u weird as mental skills like simple problem solving , faith is better than no faith in survival situations , to not trust every1 it was a weird ass Jesus camp

1 Like

I jus started a small amount of veggies and herbs this yr but want to expand and want to do some canning and do some dilly beans

2 Likes

Hey nice to find this post again. Been doing alot of work in the garden. We need to eat… So we been buying seedlings of exotic heirloom veggies and planted loads of seeds. I am mainly going for the purple varieties, purple cabbage, purple leafy greens. Sorry I dont know where i put the pictures on my pc, but here is an update on the garden. Oh and its my partners cannabis plants, not mine.

Beautful soil that has been turned by our little pigs and chooks for a couple months. All homemade compost, raised beds and a mulch of leaves. I will post some updates.

They have banned Tobacco in South Africa for the last 4 months. So I negotiated my neighbours son for his tobacco seedlings, about $1 for 14 seedlings. I negotiated him down.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCSu7pqJbFB/

5 Likes

Very cool waterbath canning is easy to learn. Pressure canning is fun also then you can preserve meats and fish and other edible goodies. I especially enjoyed learning printing with plates and making my own paper pressing pulp into sheets of paper. Im pretty much interested in a huge aray of things. Mainly motorcycles and gardening. Veggies and weed.

1 Like

Dude I haven’t made my own paper since the 8 the grade hahab

But I will get back to my roots one day I hope to get some land soon to really start my own home stead I want to start a fish hatchery

1 Like

Wow a fish hatchery now thats an interesting ambition.

Yeah so I went to this one my buddy’s dad owns a pest control in VT and we had to trap a Fisher cat that was killing coy fish and I fell in love w the way this guy lived who’s land we got to trap

1 Like

Thats awesome. I built the greenhouse to grow late in the season and early in the season. And maybe one cannabis

A week ago!

5 Likes

7 Likes

here are some more harvested garden veggies :yum:

I have a lotttt more to pick.
I let an artichoke go to flower so i can seed it. This poor honey bee came in for some pollinating and got jumped by a spider!

3 Likes

Nice harvest, except for the white spider on a plant. My husband and I bought a new house a couple of years ago. We also want to grow our own fruits and vegetables. Usually, we either have no money either no time to do something with our place. But during the lockdown, we realised that we have a lot of work to do to make our home nice and cozy. We are browsing different websites and look for reviews before we purchase something. We have already finished re-decorating our kitchen, bedroom and living room. We are also thinking of re-decorating our garden. We want to have a nice place for a BBQ where we can host our friends. We found nice patio furniture at https://www.gardenfurniture.co.uk and I consider purchasing it. Also, I want a few plant boxes to grow our own strawberries and raspberries.

1 Like

Yummy potatoes. Is everyone ready to plant there gardens?
Heres a quick peek of my potato seeds.

I have 6 varieties! I regrow them every year they came from my aunts farm in idaho.

I just got this bad boy a purple viking.

A taste-test favorite, Purple Viking Outstanding yields of spectacular deep purple.
It is a large, early, all-purpose potato that tops the acclaimed Yukon Gold in terms of taste! The meaty tubers have unique purple -pink mottled skin and moist, bright white flesh with a rich, slightly sweet and buttery flavor. Excellent for both mashing and baking.

7 Likes

Amen! I simply cannot believe how many blind people are running around soaking in the propaganda. Sound like a bunch of parrots.

2 Likes

yo Prey how do U have the time to do a monster vegetable garden on top of all ur other gardens

3 Likes

Lol that’s what i do man i garden. Been at it 37yrs! Veggies an weed. Ha if i was legal my greenhouse would be full of plants also. Im a garden fanatic.

3 Likes

Its usually the ones that love what they do that make it look so easy. I wish I had you in my garden, its damn hard work, but we have harvested and still harvesting.

4 Likes

The garden king!

1 Like

I had a couple pots I needed some cover crop on so I decided to plant some salad/stir fry greens, one oriental mix and one super food greens both non gmo I’ll grab bunnies phone and snap a pic shortly

2 Likes