What is causing this

I have never seen this before this bad any ideas

3 Likes

Is that all root zone?

3 Likes

yes, i have seen this on a small level before but usually the roots will bust through but not this time i have scrapped the whole lot but was curious to the reason for the infection .

4 Likes

seems to be a calcium build up maybe but they are not that old.

4 Likes

@Growernick do you have any idea what this could be?

@ethan I am not sure if this is in your are of expertise but you know your pretty smart and might have an idea of who to ask.

3 Likes

Looks like the devil got in your res. I’m going to go ahead and blame Satan here and recommend scorched Earth treatment: burn everything and start over. Those roots look downright scary!!!

9 Likes

That is one hell of a nasty infection. Scorch everything those roots touched.

Could it be this?

Possibly this:

Oh, and the technical term for this kind of malformation is called a gall.

4 Likes

Thanks everyone this is why I love this Forum everything was trashed. on to the next one thanks again.

6 Likes

Much appreciated for the quick responses. Yea we have now torn down that cloner and cleaned it until just short of actually lighting it on fire. If we end up finding anything further on this we will share along.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen anything like this in cannabis.

6 Likes

I agree with @ethan. Never seen anything like this before. I would recommend cutting off a sample and mailing or bringing it to any university with a horticulture department.

5 Likes

Yep, get it tested. It would probably help us all out at some point to know exactly what it is. But, since you scrapped it already, I hope you don’t get another chance at a sample.

6 Likes

Excess rooting hormone? It looks like the roots are having a hard time breaking out of callous growth, but there are definitely a few spots where I can see roots with hairs. I doubt it is this but it looks like the fungal nodules that form on legumes. Very strange.

6 Likes

A recirculation system using Aqueous Ozone (electricity + H2O) provides for a sanitary solution for root preparation. After sanitizing the stems they are ready for planting. This is installed ‘in-line’, the water passes through it, is transformed into AO3 (Aqueous Ozone), recirulates around the stems and preps them. This process is to reduce the incidences of fusarium and other like pathogenic forms. Reach out to me at: art@coast2coastonline.co and I will forward the video; and tech. info. art

4 Likes

I agree looks like crazy callus formations! Never seen it like that before. Possibly a fungal contamination but I would say if it was you would have zero roots and all rotten stems. The fact that you have roots above that callus just out of where water is sprayed tells me you have far to much hormones accumulating in the basal end of the cutting.

5 Likes

Showed it to a friend of mine who spends his time diagnosing plant problems on another cultivation forum, just food for thought:

They look like root nodules that house rhizobium bacteria, which are the N-fixing bacterium… but I’m not sure they will do this on cannabis,… The other likely cause is bad bad news: root-knot nematodes! … only way to tell is under a 'scope, about 25-50x,… If the plants were looking ragged, then my bet is the latter… This is FUBAR for the grower, total system sterilization protocol, tools/gear, meters, everything,… fungus gnat are vectors for them,

3 Likes

The Response has been great doing our own research we discovered SoP’s where not followed and an extreme amount of rooting solution was accumulated in the cloning water reservoir causing the extreme callus formation the roots could not breakthrough. Mystery solved thanks everyone for your feedback

7 Likes

That is so crazy lol! I’m glad you found out what the culprit was though!

3 Likes

Typically these issues are due to a high temp in your clone machines reservoir.

Karma up

Simplicity the ultimate sophistication.

2 Likes