What is happening to the leaf ? Pls help

@TrashPanda I have been just reading it :smiley: will follow, thx

2 Likes

@hoppiefrog :open_mouth: alright, will wait a bit until I water it again. Will be in touch how it progresses. Ty

3 Likes

If you have a microscope (which you should have), I would like to see a snapshot of the underside of that leaf, that would for sure rule out leaf miner(s)

4 Likes

Wellā€¦ I do not have a microscope ā€¦ like I said, I do not have any special accessories for this, since this is the first time I am growing cannabis.
The underside of the leaf looks completely normal, if that is enough

4 Likes

It is if you know what to look for :wink: you should invest in something like this

A great investment :wink:

6 Likes

To help with any future problemsā€¦

With the bloated looking leves I feel theres too much water somwhere. Weather in the air or soil. If the humidity is low then you could be watering too often.
It is hard to diagnose a plant fron a photo. Have a look at the link and see what you thinkā€¦

6 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like spider mite damage to me.i donā€™t think thrips too spotty

4 Likes

Ye actually that was the first website I visited :smiley: among many others but I only found the leaf minor and nothing similar. And it is possible that I am overwatering it a bit. Is the correct measuring technique the first 2 inches of soil, whether it is dry or wet ?

@piper I have seen that microscope also used for determining the maturity of the buds right (if I will get there :smiley: ), so that would be useful :thinking: (as soon as I have some money tho xd)

But couldnā€™t that be from light somehow ? I have one 25 W, 8W and another 18W LED about 10cm right above it. I know it is very close but I thought that as long as the plant thrives it is alright :smiley: I am afraid of losing some light with greater height.

5 Likes

The stem is purple on some parts (upper) and the main stem has some weird green stripes, as if it would be scratched :open_mouth:
Is it somehow related to the leaf ? Can it be from the light ? I donā€™t think its genetics I have looked up pictures of some young plant of the same strain and it was completely green :scream: :sweat:

@kapouic @piper @oldguy

2 Likes

Personally, I never bothered with purple stemsā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s supposed to tell me something or notā€¦
I always thought that it was just the branches that were getting stronger and thickerā€¦ but I very well might be wrongā€¦
All I know is that Iā€™ve had it on a lot of my plants and it didnā€™t slow anything downā€¦

I will look it up and share what I find, unless someone, who has the answer, chips in! :nerd_face:

4 Likes
2 Likes

ye I read this a moment ago but they say that it could be everything or nothing so I am a bit confused :smiley: Maybe I am just overreacting but I am very afraid that something will happen :grimacing:
Do you think the close lights arenā€™t a problem ?

3 Likes

No. Is there any other weird things happening?
Donā€™t forget that over-thinking it and over-doing is what kills most seedlingsā€¦
Just have a drink and chill out a little bit. I know itā€™s stressful, but donā€™t forget : itā€™s a weed. It wants to growā€¦ just keep a close eye on them and you should be fine.
I never had any problems with purple stems.
If itā€™s something really serious, the real growers will let us know, donā€™t worry. They donā€™t always answer when we have someone helping us already, but very few of them will let us harm our plants!

What do you say @oldguy?

3 Likes

@jardinero. The led light will bring out some stem colouring when they are younger.
Maybe bring your lights up a tad. 5 cm or so and just watch how things progress.
I think youā€™ll be just fine.
If itā€™s any consolation Iā€™ve had many young plants with some purpling on the fan leaf stems. :wink::v::+1:
I also use an led light when theyā€™re young. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you :pray: Thats a relief to hear that :smile:
You are very helpful and kind here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
definitely will have that drink xd

4 Likes

Looking at the node spacings I would definitely raise the lights. Let them streach up a bit, give them some roon to growā€¦
Can you zoom in any closer? Then enlarge the photo on your phone and take a screen shot for usā€¦

Me too.
Can you see any webbing in the botton of the leaf fingers?..

3 Likes

Thats the best pictures I can take unfortunately - my phone :grimacing:
i havenā€™t seen any webs, the plant seem overally healthy to me :thinking:
But I will bring up the lights a bit tho :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@jardinero. I believe that @Budstone ā€˜s comment about the spider mites was directed to @chefjonnyg.
:wink::v:

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: oh right nvm than
But now when I look at the stem, its apparent that the upper layer (darker) is peeling off :open_mouth:
Is that normal ? Is she just growing bigger ? :thinking:

3 Likes