What is happening to the leaf ? Pls help

Hey, so I have a 17 days old Special queen strain :). Two days ago I have noticed something on the leaf, so I am not sure If I should worry or not. Do you know what it could be? Thank you :)!!

4 Likes

Welcome to GN @jardinero! Plenty of helpful peeps here :smile:
You did right to start your own thread. It will be easier for you to track all the answers you’re going to get…
I’m not confident enough for now to troubleshoot your issues, but let’s tag some great people to your thread. When you want to tag someone, just put the @ in front of their names.
So, let’s do this. Hey @hoppiefrog, @piper, @devjyarn, @oldguy, @lbdwarrior, could you help a beginner troubleshoot his babies? Please? :crazy_face:

Have a great day @jardinero

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag @kapouic.
@jardinero. Almost looks like a leaf miner but not sure.
I’d also be a bit concerned about the pale green on the leaves.
I see a few white specs but too blurry when I zoom in.
What soil specifically are you in and have you been feeding yet ?
@hoppiefrog. Any thoughts ? :v:

6 Likes

Tho I am growing it indoor, aren’t leaf miners only outdoors ? (although I have used a rain water)
I am growing in Plagron growmix so it should contain sufficient amount of nutrients for first 3 weeks , so I haven’t fed it yet :smiley:
The white specs are just some dirt.
and thank you very much for a response :smiley:
(A better picture)

6 Likes

How’s the Humidity?
The leaves look a bit bloated…

8 Likes

I don’t have a humidity meter (yet) but I would say its lower (although I am trying to increase it as much as I can without any technology)

4 Likes

I had a couple of clones be deformed like that. It will happen to a clone you take from that plant if you do clone that plant, it’s probably genetics

4 Likes

@jardinero. You can hang a couple wet towels with a small fan on them and that will help some with humidity.
And leaf miners can show up indoor and out. :v:
Could just be genetics tho. :thinking:

5 Likes

@oldguy ye I have done it with the towels and it helps :smiley: just hope its enough.
@chefjonnyg it is not from clone but I hope you are right :smiley: it looks overall healthy so I am relieved you are saying that.
Btw the fact that the plant is kinda low and doesn’t grow that much in height is alright no ? :DD

3 Likes

For the plant’s height, it’s mostly determined by genetics and by manipulating the height of your lights… Closer lights will give you tighter nodes, and farther lights makes the plants stretch a bit…

And for humidity, you could also keep a pail of warm/hot water in your tent. It will raise humidity significantly… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I have the lights fairly close. So I guess I shouldnt aim for too low nor too stretchy plant right ? :thinking:

3 Likes

It all depends on the room you are in. If you have lots of room, you could grow a taller plant. Less issue with the humidity. Otherwise, you might want to keep your plants shorter but you will have to pay attention to the humidity if the leaves are constantly in contact with one another…

Again, this is in my experience only, and I am still learning the ropes. But if it is bad for the plants, you can be sure somebody will let us know really quick usually :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Tbh I plan putting it outdoor in july (should be warm :D)
So for now I am improvising - 45 W LED (combined all lights, one is even 8000K) xd so I hope that smaller space is better so it gets all the light.
But I will move it higher a bit, so that is grows in height :smiley:

Thank you for your help :smiley:

3 Likes

If you plan on putting her outside, I would do the reverse for now… Try to get tighter nodes for now and when you put her outside her branches should be sturdier… imo…
Because once outside, she will grow very big, very fast usually…
So, I would leave the lights as they are now if you are happy with your plant!

4 Likes

:open_mouth: alright will do that. Thank you :pray: :smile:
hopefully the weather will be ok :joy:

2 Likes

@kapouic Just one other thing :smiley: I have a few mini fans beside it (from PC cooler xd) - that doesn’t do much tho - and one big cooling fan. Do you think that I should keep the big fan on so that the plant grow stronger and has better air circulation (tho lower humidity right) or do you think that I should turn it off, but than the temperature raises up to 29 celsius ? :smiley:

3 Likes

I think you would be better to leave the fan on if you don’t have any controllers…

These are really effective and not too expensive!

If you can’t get controllers, no worry. Just leave the fans on and you can raise the humidity by hanging some wet towels in your grow room, or leaving a bucket of warm water in your grow room… :nerd_face:

And, as long as I’m sharing that link… you might want to read @TrashPanda’s journal. She’s on her first grow too and had a lot of the same questions your having now… It might give you ideas!

And, as usual on a growers forum, if you can’t find something, don’t hesitate to ask :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Alright thanks again :smiley: will look into that

3 Likes

Feel free to follow my journal! Happy Growing!

4 Likes

Your soil look really wet, and I think u have a small deformity ,not a huge issue. Let your plant dry up some between watering.if the problem progresses snap new photos and let us know .

4 Likes