What is the one growing accessory you cannot live without?

For Me it is the mighty and versatile cookie sheet.

1. Put under your grow bag to catch run off for testing PH
  2. Harvest buds directly onto the tray for trimming
  3. Trim dry buds on it and collect the keif for edibles
  4. Put it under your drying buds to catch anything that falls down
  5. Use in oven with jars for decarbing.

It’s the only thing I would immediately replace if I lost it. Cooke Sheet, you are the real hero.

12 Likes

:nerd_face:

13 Likes

I bought the same one this year @MrMonkey420.

6 Likes

Magnetic stirrer for dry salts, didn’t realize how much I needed it untill I got one.

11 Likes

Man these things are so handy.

7 Likes

Found about this today. The thought could be Kool. Whether it works is another…

7 Likes

There is a bug guy on IG called synchangel who expressed his doubts about it’s effectiveness as well. I honestly can’t see uv being strong enough to penetrate my canopy at night to kill every bad insect leave the good ones alone and not disturb the flowering cycle

Edit: Sorry I was in a rush he’s an entomologist but I don’t know if he has a degree, I do know he is extremely knowledgeable about insects. The other bug expert I know of does have a degree but I would consider their opinions equally to give you an idea without having to look him up

5 Likes

That would be handy as all get out for mixing Dakine nutes they don’t dissolve very good.

Marty

8 Likes

I can tell you that UV doesn’t affect fungus gnats at all. Had my UV running last grow and it was stronge enough to cause me growing tip problems ….but the gnats didn’t give a hoot lol….multiplied like crazy.

Marty

7 Likes

Shop Vac :slight_smile:

good wet/dry vac is worth their weight in gold

9 Likes

And they’re reasonably cheap, 30 bucks.

6 Likes

I don’t have any cool toys :frowning: I “repurpose” things all the time… I’m cheap. You can hear the pennies screaming in my pocket lol. Honestly, the most used accessory I use would be the sawhorses. The galvanized fencing is a close second.

6 Likes

Cant live without my meters to test everything.

https://growershouse.com/tds-ppm-ec-meters

5 Likes

I got this guy, but only use it a couple times a year. I rely on that cruel mistress mother nature lol. I got good soil, good land, good light exposure, good stream running through to the good lake cross the way… Good grief lol

5 Likes

Sticky traps will sure get fungus knats !!

4 Likes

I wanted to grab these to try as they r supposed to help in more ways than 1 keeping bugs away and some bacterias and stuff. Watching I believe a green gene video where he used the loghts and did absolutely nothing for the plants on his words ran up the electric bill a bit more is about all he had to say about it. It didn’t help anything for bud production and cause a few janky buds on bottoms of plants. I believe he said he has tried them under plants like they go and even hung some above plants to see if anything comes from it and nada. Maybe they found another way or something to water with that the light amos up but I havnt looked at them in a little minute now.

4 Likes

Can you elaborate? Me dum dum

4 Likes

Dry salt nutrients can take a little while to dissolve, the magnetic stirrers let me dissolve the nutrients in smaller containers so when I add them to the resevoir or mixing tank I don’t have to mix as much myself. More recently I’ve been using a pump inside a 40gal res to mix everything but it heats the water alot more than then magnetic stirrers. Hand mixing without pump or stirrers takes a while and I have to keep coming back to hand stir and agitate the mixture.

5 Likes

I have one of those, never thought about using it for my nutrients. Thanks for the suggestion :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

I’ve been wanting to get a magnet stirrer for a 5 gallon bucket and cannot find one and if I do it’s super outrageous priced but have found this for anyone who is pretty handy.

5 Likes