What is your favorite light?

Not to argue, but those LED fixtures are in the same field as Mars

1 Like

I agree I was not satisfied with kind or spectrum king For those reasons and a few others

Did u have the 5w series kind? Well I think I dodged a bad buy I was gonna buy one lol

Iā€™m outta likes boo

1 Like

Iā€™m a strong believer in Phillips products as far as lighting gos they are the shit best ballasts money can buy for performance

Gavita is using Phillips drivers

Yeah k5 Series Kind LED and the Spectrum king 402 didnā€™t live up to the hype in my opinion after a couple rounds of using those lights ā€¦ Those lights also cause a lot of light burn even with running AC and keeping the light at least 3 feet away from the canopy

Good to know tks;)

Light burn, or light bleaching?

2 Likes

I thought bleaching was from light burn?

1 Like

Anyone use hlg 550 just picked one up

1 Like

This is gonna b good

1 Like

They are not exactly the same thing, and some people misunderstand entirely, and this is why I asked.

Although all the previously named commercially available lower tier lights canā€™t compete with the likes of the new high end commercial tech coming out, nor home built lights with the best of the newest technology, they can be used very successfully if you donā€™t try and use them the same way you would use a HPS or CMH hood.

I am just trying to get some better details.

happy growing,

~MacG

2 Likes

Kk tks;) ā€¦

2 Likes

I know it is bleaching first in the beginning to middle stage of flower and light burn later on in late flower Once the plants starting reaching for more light.Need to bump up your Cal mag

I might add that I was following specific instructions on the temps humidity and overall environment that was recommended by both manufacturers of lights and VPD chart , I wasnā€™t feeling the spectrum king 402 the kind led was Lil better but was not impressed

3 Likes

What temp do they suggest?

1 Like

this is spectrum Kings recommendations and their VDP chart , kind Led was recommending about 75Ā° and 40 to 50% humidity during flower And
80 to 83Ā° and 50 to 60% humidity during veg from what I was told

No environment is ever going to be identical at the end of the day weā€™re going to have to find our own sweet spot in the grow room .also varies depending on the strain ,some Strains might like hotter or colder conditions Depending on the claimant that strain is from

1 Like

Sorry I would never buy a pre-made high end LED or any light with out chatting with @dbrn32s adviceā€¦ I have made 2 lights based on his knowledgeā€¦ and they are phenomenalā€¦ and I paid 25% on the dollar to by madeā€¦

5 Likes