What kind of water do you use?

Yes I am a certified CPO, ran several commercial pools that is how I got mine also.

3 Likes

LOL yes! However I will tell you, you can do away with the aeration. I have rain water that has been sitting for two years in the basement in the dark with a sealed lid, the water is sweet nothing growing in it, no foul odor good as the day I collected it. But you have to keep the air out of the bucket, and the light.

2 Likes

So when u check ur water u really Wana check ppm first then lastly wory about ph kiz it’s easly changeable

2 Likes

I always ph then check ppms last. Ph wont change at all after u getbit in line ppm might change with ph up or down. Maybe not alot but it is possible to change the ppms. So i mix my stuff ph it them check ppms. Havnt had problems thus far but i think i like gh nutes better than jacks 321. I have so many issued using this jacks shit and basically had none with gh. Might be a changeover again

1 Like

I use the stealth ro and use a calcite and corosex re-mineralization cartridge for drinking water. If you use 2 inline you can bring the ppm back up to close to 150 ppm (target) while at the same time buffering your ph to 6! Works great and saves on cal issues

4 Likes

I will also add I’m on city water and only way to remove chloramines out of the water fast is to use a kdf filter

3 Likes

I ran my last grow using the water from my dehumidifier and my air conditioner condenser line. Ppm of the water was about 20, PH was just above seven like distilled water. I use Dynagro nutrients. Their line has everything in it. You don’t need to add anything else not silica, Not Calmag nothing else…:v:t3:

2 Likes

I always do both before and after jus to see if my water changed to ppm and ph is what I was saying I always wait till last to test my ppm after I put nutes in but I also test it w out jus to see

2 Likes

Oh i know my ro water is 2 to 4 ppm.

3 Likes

I love the fact that RO water is essentially a blank canvas.

4 Likes

That is not what I read @hoppiefrog, I remember reading an article where most city water depts. have changed the type of Chlorine that they use. It used to be you could just put your water out for a few days before hand, and the chlorine gas would dissipate into the air. They changed that when they starting using as you said chloramines.

Because of the EPA they did tests to determine how to get the Chloramines out of the water without causing any harm to the environment. They discovered that using Vitamin C will get the Chloramines out of the water without any harmful impact on plants or wildlife. It takes only about 1/16th of a teaspoon per a bathtub 50 gal. of water to accomplish that. And of course Vitamin C is also an acid and will lower your PH as well.

2 Likes

I talked with the town engineer that runs the water plant and he sent me the lab results it’s how they do the water here…

1 Like

Great way to remove chlorine but not chloramines :wink:

1 Like

Q: What methods are used by the industry to remove chloramine and ammonia? A: In the water industry, the most widely practiced methods of dechlorination are the addition of reducing agents, for example, sulfite compounds, hydrogen peroxide and ascorbic acid - Vitamin C (Tikkanen et al., 2001). Granular activated carbon (GAC) filters are also used for dechlorination (Kirmeyer et al., 2004). Breakpoint chlorination is used routinely by some utilities to remove chloramine and/or ammonia in the source water or to avoid blending chlorinated and chloraminated water. During breakpoint chlorination, excess chlorine in chloraminated water consumes the available ammonia and the remaining disinfectant residual exists as chlorine.

4 Likes

The best cheapest way and this is a trade secret hahaha buy a rv mobile water filtration hook up they work pef water comes out at 110 to 130 ppm and last a while that’s what I use when I go to places to diagnose or when some1 says they need help saving there crop

1 Like

You can hook them up right to ur water line let it run for 10 mins if it’s new to get the particulates and there usually good for like 3 months even longer depending on how much I use and ther like 30 buks

3 Likes

To be honest it’s not always the mineral that causes the problem you have to think molecularly how man woman man baby dogs and cats now can use a toilet ? How many can use a sink or drain ? Ok now think of every hormone that gets discharged thru vomitus , fecies , and menstral cycles of humans now that’s jus humans and babies don’t even break down all the food they eat kiz their bodies are so new the don’t sustain alot of nutrition yet and it needs to build so all of this breaks down in are water particulates even plastic so what’s the real problem the small stuff we can see in the water and clean or is it the hormones from human body and the full ability for civilization to filter there water to be hormone free so every one’s reproductive systems function for recreation or destruction what ever the natural sway of direction in livings things life’s .

1 Like

I get pretty great results from just declorinated tap water and I know they don’t use chloramine if they do I’ll probably get a ro system my ppm from tap is about 225 and is probably the main source of copper in my organic grows( from the pipes in my house)

1 Like

Water comes out slow kdawg? I use a lot of water Ro is to slow. I’m using one large pre filter running into 3 filter unit. Ph still high ppm is good though. Going to buy lower micron filters in earlier stage and see what that does

2 Likes

I tried the whole vitamin C thing and no matter how much ph up I used, it stayed the same, to the point where I just had to dump the water. I use seachem Prime per someone’s suggestion on here, can’t remember who it was though. So far, no issues with my plants, only need literally two drops per gallon. Although, I do recall sodium ascorbate works without changing ph but it was after I got the prime already so I didn’t look into it too much

4 Likes