What kind of water do you use?

Welcome over here! My issue with my tap water (artesian well) is my ppms. Out of tap is 1500-2000. My concern is the 4 stage ro buddy may not remove enough ppms. So thinking a basic rv filter as a pre filter for the ro system might help. Dont know yet will be trying in a couple weeks hopefully.

3 Likes

Wow that’s crazy indeed. I started out using one of those every hose ones worked ok about the size of a screen door closure… Not familiar with the ro buddy but I know a lot have that. Can’t your change your filter out in Ro buddy? Guess I have to look that one up to see :man_shrugging:
That’s a lot of ppm out your tap water. I’d try a lower micron pre filter those rv ones not 100% sure but seems like there like 10 micron. Lower the better.I’ll go look at that Ro buddy right now I’ve read a lot of people using it I have no clue on it Yet…

3 Likes

The ro buddy has replacement filters. It comes in 3 and 4 stage set up and I think there’s a 5th cartridge option. Thing is I dont want to have to replace more expensive cartridges every month (they claim every 3-6 months) due to my ppms so thinking a cheaper pre filter may help. Been looking at RV ones for that. Most wont help much but there are a couple I’m looking at that help more with the ppms and are 2 for $20.

2 Likes

They have 1 micron sediment filters that Ro buddy is 5 the last filter in the Ro buddy is a good one indeed.

3 Likes

Ya ya can’t go by what they say on how long they will last. My one I use a pre-filter said 6 months and in 2 months it was bloated up and orange :rofl:

3 Likes

Exactly lol! I don’t want to be replacing the full set every month so thinking a pre ro system filter may help.

3 Likes

Crappier your water is more you’ll have to replace. eBay has them cheap get a case maybe last u a yr. Just saying! I’m going to buy some lower micron ones and hope I don’t blow them out or something.

4 Likes

A case sounds great! Will check that out thanks. Right now I’m hauling in by the gallon jugs from another town well that’s only 200 ppms but that’s getting old lol.

3 Likes

Lol I’m sure… Well checking the psi these filters can take I should be able to lower the microns on filter. We shall see…We use at the moment close guess 300 gallons of water ± a week and my flower room is only at half capacity at the moment. Veg if full…Take me a week to run Ro out lol…Slow rollin. I have Ro in my house slow as hell… Like my well water better for like coffee and such taste is better. I dunno if I had 1500-2000 ppm like you do make your hair stiff after you cream rinse :rofl::joy::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

Ya plus I have high sulphur (you can smell it) and high copper (it turns the wifes white scrubs orange lol).

3 Likes

Have that as well. You know what they do is pour bleach down your well let sit a bit then run all your faucets clean out your lines gets rid of that egg smell in your water coming out… imma have the well guys do that for me this coming yr. My wife’s a nurse also but no scrubs… As far as artisan wells go I thought that water was supposed to be good usually… Artisian wells lol funny … Is why I stopped ice fishing. Growing up had a large pond ice thick every place so it seemed but artisian well in spots so ice wasn’t thick and fell through the ice. Not good…Bad memories :man_facepalming::man_facepalming: You brought that to memory…

2 Likes

Finally got my TO system installed. Went a little overboard since I have shitty water down here but the system works great!!

7 Likes

Well that is indeed strange…Ascorbic acid is just that acid, if it destroys the clorimine it will also LOWER the PH of the water. I used it while I was running a living earth grow where I needed to PH my rain water and get it lower and it did that. The more I put in the lower the PH got. Don’t know why it didn’t work for you? To kill the chlorine it only takes like a half of a standard pill capsule for 50 gal of water. That small amount is not enough to affect the PH in 50 gal.

Are you saying after you used the Vitamin C, you couldn’t get your PH to go UP? I’ve never had a problem with it being to low, I always needed to lower it. I PH between 5.8 and 5.5. So I never tried to raise the PH after the treatment with C.

1 Like

What’s your ppms now with that filter setup? I have a 4 stage on the way plus adding in a single cartridge pre filter. Hoping it gets my ppms down from over 1500 at the tap.

3 Likes

@thatoneguy

Hey there!

I use purified water… ph 6=7

Peace & Toke

1 Like

Anything over 200 is considered hard water and can cause so many issues due to the berometrics wich makes the chlorophyll break down

5 Likes

Ur so lucky man. I wish I had a place to put a reall dope purification system call old army surplus stores and ul be amazed what u can find on water purification

3 Likes

Also very rich people put rv anit freeze thru their lines I. The mtn Kuz the can freeze and bust if you dont flush everything every spring and fall

2 Likes

I also use cooper for out door slug stoppers works pretty good

1 Like

So jus from a plant basis they arnt humans and don’t digest an thing like human and any water over 200 can 225 is going to show lock out all types of mineral issues in the plants systems wich also clogs the pores of the leaf and allows decay

1 Like