When to harvest?

I would just let it die on the vine, hang it whole depending if you have large fan leaves they can be removed. Let it hang in a cool, dry place for two week-this part is important. Then you can trim and jar. This will give you better results! Make sure to lay off nutrients for 2 weeks before harvest. And harvest when it’s in dark cycle just before light rises.

1 Like

This could be good but I think you would be better off with the precious advice!

1 Like

I just cut 3 plant tonight! Here is what i do.

I have a hanging bag and it works well. And it’s a pain in the ass. Putting all the buds in. Flipping the buds taking them in and out. I trim the big fan leaves off now while there easy to get to. Then I dry them on the stalk like in the pics until outter leaves feel crispy and the bud is moist and semi soft and i final trim the leaves of and snip the tips of the leaves off. *Everyone hates this part. But i take a cardboard box and line it with parchment paper for baking and i lay the pruned buds biggest first in a single layer. And then more parchment paper. And another layer of buds. And typically no more than 3 layers so there is no squishing of lower buds. And this is why we do the big buds first. Then i close the box and keep it in the dark for a day or 2 then i come and open the box and rotate the buds and air them out. the parchment also makes it easy to lift each layer up and adjust the buds and swap layers. Then they go into CVaults after about 4 days or more give or take a day. With 65% RH moisture control packs. And i get a perfect cure everytime in 14 days. But then it leave it for at least days more before smoking it. But i still come and open the Cvaults and burp it every couple days.

7 Likes

Does the 24 hours of darkness before harvest actually make a difference?

1 Like

Some people swear by it. I don’t think it hurts anything.

3 Likes

I do minimum of 24 up to 72hrs of darkness i personally have noticed an increase in trichome production and a BIG increase in terpene content AGAIN thats just my personal experience

5 Likes