When to harvest?

Hi all - any advice on this greatly appreciated…
1st time grower…been growing just this 1 plant from a Runtz seed.
Been on 12/12 55 days. Wondering how long to give it before I should start harvesting? What is the optimum bud size that this should grow to?This is a pic of the top/main growth area. Buds further down are much less developed. Thanks for any tips! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hey @Hobbyist ! Any advice for our friend here? I could go on about trichomes and color but what about the seemingly underdeveloped nugs?

7 Likes

Id start checking trichomes in 10 days and go from yhere that looks to have a while to bulk still

8 Likes

What do you have over it for lights

8 Likes

@preybird1has some good knowledge on the runtz strain

7 Likes

1st time grower with a runtz… wow… and as @nick said they are under developed nugs…we needed you in here sooner in order to help this harvest…

10 Likes

It’s my experience that if your light is not sufficient enough, the buds stays small but can still be ready for harvest…

7 Likes

Hi from Ecuador!
Color of trichomes is the best sign for harvesting. In a couple of plants I’ve cut the top buds and let the smallest for another week with a lot of sun to grow a little bit.
Hope it helps!

13 Likes

Way too early, the hairs arent even orange yet. You wanna harvest when trikes are milky or milky with some amber if you wanna go the full span. Might wanna look at the breeder’s info as well

8 Likes

I would let it go longer, not familiar with this strain but sometimes it’s in the genetics. What are you doing for light? Plant looks healthy.

5 Likes

Once your pistils(white hairs) start to turn brown and recede then you can start watching. The Calyxes will go through a swelling phase at the end as well. She looks like she has 1 to 2 weeks.

9 Likes

Not enough nutrients being fed to the plant.

4 Likes

Thanks so much all!
I have a very basic (amateur!) set up which is no doubt affecting growth…
I’m using 2x 300W 75 led grow light panel lamps in a small room hydro foiled, with air circulation filter, humidity around 40%. temp around 23-25C
I’ve been using seaweed/nutrient rich soil and adding nutrients every other feed.

Plant looked very healthy up until about 3 weeks ago when I had an issue with the grow room which overheated for 1 day. After that a number of the leaves drooped/died and i removed. Conditions have been stable since then but no doubt the trauma has not helped!..but main top buds still have developed over past few weeks quite nicely so hoping to get something out of it still! (i found the seed for the plant in a Runtz bag…and grew from there).

Have read that indicas like this harvest around 60 days which i’m coming up to but as everyone has said these are cleary underdeveloped and looking for ways to address that if not too late! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

They look good. Keep doing your thing and try to keep those temps down next run!! Nice and frosty, good job!!

11 Likes

I am only on my second grow but the best thing I can add is an old growers adage that served me well in my first grow - “when you think they’re done wait another 2 weeks”.

8 Likes

Agree with “imSICKkid”, the last 2 weeks make a big difference. Keep on doing what your doing and pick no kind before it’s time.

8 Likes

This might help you decide when you’re ready

Packee

10 Likes

Amber all the way for me! :+1:

5 Likes

Do some reading on defoliation. In my opinion it helps develop lower flowers and even out the plant. Some people say otherwise but that’s why I say do some homework on it and decided for your self. Taking the big fan leafs off especially the ones at the start of the stems. How far is the light from it? Is it supposed to be a 300w equivenlent? What lights are they exactly? If you can turn the veg and bloom both on or 100%. Do have have a fan running for some air movement and some exercise for the plant?

7 Likes

Definitely keep an eye on the pistils. When they turn brown your getting closer. Everyone else gave awesome advice.

5 Likes