White Widow Run

That’s too high.
I would say 1200 is highest I would go and I’ve never got that high.
What do yall think @MrBlue @Tygrow78 @Slym3r @poseidon

2 Likes

I would flush really good but the soil is going to remain hot. I don’t use living soils. Recharging with organic nutes stinks my grow room up like swamp ass…

Sending you positive vibes :v:t2:

3 Likes

@Arrow can you help a guy out with his soil ppms??

3 Likes

When I was growing in fox for farms ocean forest my P PMs were 2800/3,000 sometimes. That’s why I’ve always said you never check your PPM coming out of your soil not Coco not Rockwool soil. Dognuts always ran his all the way through veg before adding any nutrients. And he would start adding nutrients when it got down to between nine and 1200ppm I don’t think he even checks his ppm until he gets close to flower. What you’re doing by flushing now is washing all the nutrients out of your soil so you will have to start feeding sooner. I humbly disagree with flushing your soil at this point. If they don’t get any worse stay the course. Your plants are not in distress right now they look good with some burn tips. All of my indoor plants up until this grow have had burnt tips.

That soil probably wasn’t cheap and it was made specific. I wouldn’t wash all the nutrients out of it unless absolutely necessary.

6 Likes

I am going to say give them some nutes.
I am in living soil also.
Certain strains, and conditions will cause the plant to need more then the soil can give.
Some will tell you to make a tea.
They are correct.
However, I have used FF blooming nutes and CalMag on 2 grows with my soil.
Your plants look good though.

2 Likes

Got caught up…I run ppms of over 5000, these figures will cause heart attacks in salt growers …I have stopped measuring ppms…the trick with the soil that you are in, is its slow release, the problem with that is you have no control of what nutrients releases when…@happilyretired had you covered with don’t flush, cause you flushing away your available nutes and @MrBlue got you with start feeding small amounts of nitrogen. Nitrogen is your primary macro nutrient and its also movable so if its lacking or locked out, nothing else will uptake as it should. I would start feeding small amounts of N with calmag ( here’s the f up…if you start feeding salt to living soil…you will kill it…ie you kill your beneficial microbes, nematodes etc…)…this soil will then become a medium only…hence the problems you had on your first grow…I’ll stop here…as a side note …make sure you pH to 6.5

:sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

4 Likes

Week 7 of Veg - Well the girls were getting really bushy so I decided to do a defoliation. Removed probably 50% of the large fan leaves to allow more light to penetrate the plant. Removed all lower growth close to the soil. Adjusted my LST on the lower branches. going to give them a couple days to recover before adding my scrog net. Thinking about putting them into flower in the next week or two.

Before:

After

Gave them their first nutes this week as well. per gal - 3ml Micro, 3ml Grow, 2ml Bloom, 3ml Calmag, RO water, 6.5ph. Noticeable improvement on the leaf issues within 1 day

9 Likes

They look bursting at the seams to flower! Nice!

2 Likes

Day 23 of flower

Had a brief deficiency but i think we’ve got her sorted out and the girls are now back on track. Buds are already smelling fantastic. Received my first complaint from the wife about the smell so the carbon filter will get installed this weekend at some point. They have had a couple feedings of General Hydroponics Flora series now at 50%. Fixed up the deficiency real quick.

5 Likes

Day 30

Small defoliation today revealed some awesome bud growth going on. Added a Sensorpush sensor to the tent to better track temps, RH and VPD. Turns out my VPD is WAY too high during lights on so I’ll be experimenting this week with some setting changes to my exhaust controller. They are smelling amazing.

6 Likes

They look a little bit hungry to me. :v:t3:

3 Likes

Yeah man. They were a bit neglected this week as I was so busy at work. Gave them a good feed yesterday and plan on another tomorrow. Trying not to overdue it with feedings like I did last round.

1 Like

End of week 8 since flip. Says they flower in 8 weeks. Thinking I’ll let them go a bit longer. Getting close. Smells incredible. Second week of flush with RO water at 6.5 ph. What do you guys think? Getting close?. Not my best looking grow to date but I’m hopeful they will provide a good smoking bud for the summer.

10 Likes

Flowers in 8 weeks means from the time you flip it. And that is under perfect conditions. Most add a week.