Who will be at NCIA San Jose?

logo-cbs

Not since the days of Biggie and Pac have we seen a East Coast vs. West Coast battle of this magnitude! OK…maybe I’m exaggerating just a little bit. CannaCon Boston and NCIA San Jose are both being held on the same weekend, on different ends of America. So GNET @memberdirectory, let us know: to what show are you going to go?

Does anybody else feel like the cannabis trade show market is getting a bit crowded?

If you would like to speak to a GNET member representing the event, feel free to reach out to @amyr.

6 Likes

We’ll be there! I won’t, but Sam and Joyce will be. Booth #521, come say hi!

4 Likes

I’m on the fence on the number of shows we have, nationally. We need to see the East coast catch up to the West, and the best way to do so is to have trade shows. But, as a small business owner, I have to pick a few a year to go to and that’s it. Otherwise, I would be spending all my money on trade shows!

As a side note, I did not get an expo pass for NCIA this year. I get so much more work and connecting done outside the expo floor. Plus, these shows have more and more companies in the cultivation sector, which isn’t what I do for work.

I will, however, get a ticket for MJBizCon in November.

4 Likes

Lance Lambert and Drew Emmer. Not able to make this one…

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Just received an email from NCIA this morning - REMINDER: Online Registration Fee for Dispensary Owners, Cultivators, Infused Product Manufacturers is just $150!

You can also use discount code CBT15 to save 15% off of your registration, until July 24th.

I agree that charging speakers a fee to present is not on-point. These presentations are meant to attract attendees to drive revenues for the event company. Having speakers pay is both double-dipping, and self-defeating.

2 Likes

Nice mention, @Glenn.InergiAg! Thanks for that info! 15% off if you use discount code CBT15!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to San Jose. Doesn’t feel like there are too many shows - quarterly and different regions seems like a level of maturity that is appreciated. Who is going to the Wednesday evening mixer?

4 Likes

I’m happy to hear you love the shows! I get mixed reactions…I think attendees are stoked on the shows (as they should be) and some of the exhibitors that have been doing it for a long time feel like they are working the proverbial “trade show circuit”. This is a frequent topic of conversation…perhaps worthy of its own thread?

3 Likes

I will be if anybody wants to meet

6 Likes

I will be in the Forever Flowering Greenhouses booth #718. Stop by and say hello.

5 Likes

We will be at NCIA in San Jose next week as well. Gro-Tech Systems: booth #721 (adjacent to Azoth Solutions).

We’ll have a 360 virtual walkthrough of one of our commercial automated light deprivation greenhouses that you can checkout at our booth. We’re excited because we’re finally bringing a full demo to the people instead of the other way around!

Which keynotes or sessions are you guys attending/excited about? I’m looking forward to the The State of the Industry: Overview of U.S. Cannabis Policy and Next Steps at 1:30-2:30 on Thursday and the State of the Cannabis Real Estate Markets: California to Colorado from 4:00-5:00.

4 Likes

Come stop by the NCIA Membership Lounge (#1328) and say hello!

4 Likes

I will be exhibiting for @hmdigital at San Jose in booth #1611. Please come say hi as I will be solo for this show.

ALSO - As of this posting I have at least three (3) passes we won’t use. If you are for sure going and want them for FREE, email me at Dan@hmdigital.com and I’ll get your info and add you to my list. First dibs via email, first to get them. I’ll update this post later if/when they have been spoken for.

UPDATE! The passes have been spoken for, I can’t wait to meet some of you fine folks this week.

4 Likes

The trade show market IS getting overcrowded, but it’s the nature of an industry growing in silos by state. We’re picking and choosing which events to go to, everyone is doing same. We’re exhibiting at San Jose at the NCIA next week - it’s been one of the best business expos each year. Not as big as MJBIZ Vegas, but it’s better for it.

5 Likes

Good to know, @marijuanamedia! Thanks for the great reasoning behind attending NCIA San Jose! It’s a strange industry due to the current quasi-legality of the cannabis plant in the U.S., so we as industry professionals are often relegated to carefully cherry-picking the events our teams attend. I think it’s really helpful and nice to hear the testimonials of members who have attended past events. When we are making decisions as to which events we are going to attend, it’s informative to have the ringing endorsement from our valued GNET members! Glad to hear you love NCIA San Jose

2 Likes

Savage. You know HENDRX will be there! San Jose is great metro.

2 Likes

Of course, thanks for the reminder about the mixer

2 Likes

Way over crowded. Attendance seems to be lower. Cost of booths rising - Professional shows (rather then consumer shows) have gotten better.

I get 3 - 5 request for show per week !! From major shows like MJBIZ Las Vegas to small shows at local hotels. Thy vary from $6000.00 for a 10 x 10ft to $350.00 for a Holiday Inn Hotel style show.

Now that California has legalized the attendance and participation has dropped. High Times 2018 in Santa Rosa was a major bust. The Emerald Cup 2017 attendance was great !

3 Likes

Interesting synopsis of the current state of trade shows. So you think the B2B shows are improving in terms of caliber and attendance, while the B2C shows are falling off a bit?

1 Like

That’s what I see on the West Coast. Pro shows like Cannacon (B2B) are getting better - maybe they are just maturing- learning how to do it right.

Maybe the mystic of illegal has worn off?

Lots of shuffling going on

2 Likes