Why are my ppms so low?

first grow actually measuring with tds meter. That being said I’ve found a chart on here that says by week 7 of flower I should be feeding like 1100 ppms. Ok, so my well water comes out the tap at 190 pretty consistent. Then I add per gallon - 15 ml fox farm tiger bloom 10 ml fox farm big bloom per the chart of fox farms. 15 ml cal mag and 1/4 tsp flower fuel according to the bottle. And I come up with 880ppms. So that the max they recommend which I hate doing anyway. I know I’m missing something. School me up please.

1 Like

@boozer my plants couldn’t take 1100 ppm.
One strain burns tips at 700 ppm.
Maybe @Tygrow78 can help

1 Like

That makes me feel better. My sunset sherbet has tips smoking as well. Maybe I’m not reading the chart right

1 Like

I bet you are reading it right.
I use advanced nutrients and if I do what it says my plants would burn up. Some say they watch the plant and give what it needs but I’m a newbie lol.
I know some strains can take more ppm than others.
If I see tips burning I back off

3 Likes

Let me pull some in here lol.
@LoCoRocK
@Mark0427
@automatik

3 Likes

Ok alot of things. Whats the soil u use lights. Alot can play faxtors. Might wanna see about an ro system instead of well water maybe. Try some distilled water in jugs maybe. Pics would help out a whole lot with all ur setup. Do u use ac or dehumid. Co2 soils nutes and additives tds and ph reading in and out

3 Likes

Ok so I have all QB board lights 2 hlg 260xls and a budget led 600 watt pull. I can’t remember the model. I have a dehumidifier running when necessary. Using fox farm happy frog. I was thinking ro system also.

4 Likes

@boozer nice room!!!
@Mark0427 why would the ppm need to be 1100?

1 Like

Nice setup. As the plant grows more into flower u keep upping the ppms. One of the bloom nutes u can probably add a touch more of to bring the pp s up more as long as its not giving nute burn now how it sits. If u have no signs of nute burns i would up the dose if ur adding half tsp or 1 tsp of flower fuel is that per gallon. I dont know anything about the main nutes u use i use jacks and general hydrponics with additives

3 Likes

The plants look healthy

1 Like

Find an ro system that u dont have to purge for 24 hours and has a continuous flow. Mine came with a 2.2 gal storage and i got an upgrade 10 gal storage and i can only fill 1 and a half five gal buckets before i have to wait hours to get a couple more gallons it works out ok for me i do like three quarters bucket ro and rest tap to get the ppms up a bit. My ro comes out @ 2 ppm

2 Likes

I buy mine from those places scattered around town.
Its $1 for 5 gallons

2 Likes

I put up a post a couple of days ago…didn’t use my EC/PPM meter or my PH meter. Was using Advanced nutrients, and decided to add some organic fertilizer, I don’t know what the PPM was but whatever it was it was too high, my plants shut down from Nitrogen toxicity…just stopped growing period, using no water, and doing nothing. The Organic fertilizer was higher in N I thought I compensated by using less AN, but for whatever reason too much N became available. Had to flush them out, ran 5 gal of water through each one. Yours look happy and healthy. Don’t do like me and try to fix what ain’t broke lol. They are coming around a little more each day, and I’m gonna flush them again before I go into the final week of flower.

3 Likes

I take it ur past the stretch stage on them huh. If not raise the 2 hlgs so the mains will stretch up. I did the same with my cheese and it grew a ton of bud but stayed small and compact as hell. Took up a 4x4 scrog. Got just under a lb dry off her

1 Like

I was reading a chart says week 7 it should be 1000 - 1300…

2 Likes

Thanks. My second year inside growing. Very happy.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about doing what @Mark0427 said.
Maybe add more of the bloom and bring it up.
I’m at week 8 and am at 700 ppm.
Scared to raise it higher lol.
Next grow I’m trying Jack’s

2 Likes

Week 8 flower?? U should be good to handle 1000 to 1200 ppm easy by now but i would increase the bloom additives add a bit more flower fuel and more of the bloom less of the grow nute possibly im not sure on them nutes for sure but im sure if u jumoed to i900 ppm for next to see. If u get tip burn its too much cut back to 800. Im at week 4 on my auto and did 1200 plus a bit dont remember exact and it just got the tips they only been flowering a month. My photos get 1200 plus and no effects right now

Photos :point_up:
Autos. Below

4 Likes

I think my problem is advanced nutrients.
That stuff is hot and I also believe you have to run the whole line. Cant afford that so I’m trying Jack’s next run.
I get mixed feelings about Jack’s. Right now I just have the Jack’s no additives

2 Likes

Dude talk to @automatik or @hellraiser they run or used to run an nutes. Hellraiser is using jacks right now i believe but was on an nutes and auto uses an nutes

2 Likes