Would this be considered a male plant!

Have these plants trying to identify male plants in my grow

/original/3X/e/c/ecd87f7f70278007e36e5e9ef5fda491c7363485.MOV

1 Like

I just replied to your other thread, I think you should take some time and do some reading, not to be cruel, but you need to learn the basics

7 Likes

Not cruel at all honest observation… I’ve been actively studying this for a few years Youtube University and the internet but nothing teaches you more than hand on experience… my first grow was in soil… decided I wanted to try a different median this time…

6 Likes

That’s a nothing. Looks like your plant isn’t old enough yet. It generally takes them around 8 weeks in veg before they’re old enough to start showing pistils. But use this chart and wait for actual pods to develop. From those pods, you’ll either get pistils or not. If you don’t see two hairs shooting out of the pods, you have male plants.

4 Likes

A plant is sexually mature around 3 1/2 - 4 weeks and can b flipped to show sex. What u r seeing is nodal stress where the plant is bulking and creating knuckles at stress points.

Most preflowers will only show if u veg a plant for a long period of time and it’s trying to flower before u flip to 12/12. If u want to sex a plant before u r ready to flower u can flip it long enough for it to show sex and flip it back if it’s female to veg longer.

Good luck looks like a nice healthy plant

6 Likes

You should have stated if it’s not an auto flower.

5 Likes

No signs of sex yet @budtender803

Keep posting pics each week here and we’ll all be able to tell you soon enough :+1:

8 Likes

I’m not sure if they are autos or not the batch of beans was given to me and there also a few mystery beans That I had previously collected from bags

2 Likes

Not any noticeable signs of sex I’m posting my update now…

3 Likes

Here’s an updated on the first time Hydro Grow.

It’s Day 41 from seed/ Day 27 of veg
Temp holding Steady At 75 degrees
Humidity 62%
Last Feed
Ppms 1100-1120
Ph 6.2
Under 600w LED / 600w SunMaster MH Bulb

As you can see here one side of the table is double way better than the other side. I’m trouble shooting that now… last night I swapped my lights around to see if the 600w LED Is Giving better performance than the 600w MH Bulb For Veg…

Light Swap From
600w MH / 600w LED
To
600w LED/ 600w MH

also wondering if having the fan directly on the left side of the table affecting the plants in a negative way any ideas about the inconsistency in my canopy would be an eye opener…

Also here’s a video if anybody have opinions or guidelines on trimming/lollipopoing, that would be helpful. This video was way longer had to shorten it to be able to post

I’ve watched tons of videos about taking away the Lower 3rd :new_moon_with_face: but most ppl typically suggest using your own judgement so any tips here would be helpful before I begin to hack away… going to be flipping them maybe in a week or so after getting my trellis net in place and applying a scrog method…

5 Likes

/original/3X/8/9/89693732d002db2500f7e8a0e14ac36678949dd8.MOV

5 Likes

Im vegging with a 400 watt MH. And so far its been awesome. I have a 600 watt also but the 400 is working very well. I growing 1-1.5" a day in veg mode.

5 Likes

Can I see pics … idk if it’s the fan or the light but I’m seeing better results with my LED

This was at transplant the first week of veg

Last night I swap the lights around because the plants under the LED Did Way Better.

This is a current pic of them as of last night I’m looking to see if the switch has any affect on it…

4 Likes

This is before the scrog net 1 week ago.

Last night.

3days before

7 Likes

Nice work I’ve never attempted the scrog but I’m hoping to get mine up soon

1 Like

I’m pretty new myself but in the video it looks like there might be too much fan on the end. Are you only running the one fan at the one end? I know that the leaves on the end with the fan is going to process more moisture. You might want to raise the fan and tilt it towards the plants to achieve a more even air flow and maybe slow her down a tad.

4 Likes

Ah good point could be a temperature drop slowing growth.

2 Likes

I havent done a scrog either. This was some leftover netting from an outdoor raised garden bed caged because of deer. I just tried to slow down the rapid height growth a little and bend them a little. I may top them again. But i dont know this strain? Is it an auto or what?

Here is my snap peas i used the netting for.

4 Likes

I thought so myself I’ve tried moving the fam back and even turning it down… the only purpose of the fan was for air circulation and to displace the heat off the MH Light Looking at my other Options now I think I’ll try that tilt you mention

2 Likes

Okay so we both in the learning curve with many others… and yeah I’m not certain what strain it is. But the majority of the beans can from one source I was told the strain was OG Kush :rofl::sweat_smile: these days that could mean anything… but the rest of the beans were some I kept and collected over time… I started with 45 beans only 36 sprouted and since I’ve lost 5 so now there’s just 31 but 1 plant had it really rough the growth was stunted during the seedling stage so it hasn’t gotten any taller but it’s still producing these weird fan leaves so instead of tossing it I choose to let it keep growing don’t know why don’t even expect much just looking to see what it do

2 Likes