Would this be considered a male plant!

Try blowing fan against the wall

6 Likes

Agreed. The way it is now will dry the plants out fast and make them need a lot more water to keep up with the others. Also, lower the blurple light. A lot. Not sure what youā€™re using, but they are no close to the intensity of the MH. You might be able to help them catch up at this point, but theyā€™re struggling.

4 Likes

The lights were swapped a few days ago that MH Light Was On The Side Where The Plants Arenā€™t As Healthyā€¦ which is why I had the fan so close to disperse the heat from the lamp but now that they are swapped around and the fan is moved back Iā€™m seeing some Iā€™m improving in the over health of that sideā€¦

2 Likes

Good idea :bulb::raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

I was wondering would that still provide sufficient air circulation? I may need a stronger fan

2 Likes

Plants should only have a lot of air blowing across them when they are growing very fast or being intentionally stressed (late flower to promote more resin production).
Think of those little plants like kids that just got out of the pool. With a big wind blowing, even if itā€™s a sunny day, those kids are going to dry off fast then be dry and cold. Your plants are pushing water through their leaves and the fan can blow it away quickly. That makes them pull more water through the roots and keeps them growing fast - if there is enough water, nutrients and CO2 to keep up with the pace. If not, they shut down and try to protect themselves by no longer putting water through the leaves. That means no growing because no nutrients are moving through the plant.

7 Likes

Love the analogy here and the break down explanations :raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:Thanks

2 Likes

Update !!!

Going to be installing my trellis net this weekend and getting my reservoir cleaned & swapped out with fresh water and nutes, so far still no signs of sex yet although im going to do a light flip on them once net is ready but before I start the scroging. Have to be 100% sure there are no males present hereā€¦

So question hereā€™s a mock of my plants life Iā€™m wanting to see if Iā€™m right with my/schedule or not. As you can see I transplanted a week late into my 6ā€ rock wool cubes which is where I confused myselfā€¦ the propagation cubes were docked in phd 5.8 water and rapid start, from there they received rapid start until the light nutes (300 ppm) were added because I started to see a lil yellowing. So am I in the start of week 3 of veg or week 5 of veg Iā€™m not 100%certain if anybody have any ideas or opinions I have a calendar below check it out and I would love to hear you guys inputā€¦

1 Like

1 Like

Too soon to tell. You have to wait to see if that pre-flowers right from the node or if it develops a small stem from the node.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda figured just posting the update to show the progress

1 Like

Damn that one side is normal and the other side well its trying. Can you trade the lights around and catch up the other side?

3 Likes

Yeah if you look in my earlier post on this thread I just change the lights around. From seed I was only using the LED 600w full spectrumā€¦ once I transplanted to the 6ā€ cube I added the 600w MH and a fan to disperse the heat on that side of the tableā€¦ that isnā€™t doing so wellā€¦ a few days ago I swapped the lights around and moved the fan back also reduced the fan speed hopefully they will make a decent effort to catch up before the trellis is put into actionā€¦ if not I plan to just bring my canopy down lower

1 Like

:no_good_man:t4: :ok_man:t5:No Net, Until They Sext :bowing_man:t5:ā€ā™‚:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

After further research I finally identified my problemā€¦ Wind Burnā€¦ it has definitely been the fan being to close I thought I was doing right by having it so close so Iā€™ve adjusted my fan once more and this should make for a decent recovery hopefully

I have another question some times i notice that there is water presence on top of the leafs even tho Iā€™m not outing any above the roots zoneā€¦ usually thereā€™s a places where leaves are touching or overlaying on top of each other when I move em thereā€™s water spots like these sweat spotsā€¦ whatā€™s this called is it something I should be worried aboutā€¦

Iā€™ve looked all over the internet the problem with the internet unless you ask the right question you wonā€™t ever find the right answers

1 Like

That wetness on the leaves is from the plants transpiring - moving water and nutrients from the roots up to the top of the plant. Itā€™s not a problem at all. Itā€™s the same reason your environment will increase in humidity about an hour after your lights go on.

5 Likes

Good Morning To AllšŸŒž

What can you guys tell from looking at this fan leafā€¦ Iā€™m a newbie this being my first Grow, interested in hearing from you guys what can you tell about a plant from looking at the leafsā€¦ any significant info/ tell characteristics here? I intentionally Found what I thought to be the best looking leaf of the bunchā€¦

1 Like

Update!!! Getting Some Really Goos Growth here

Wrapping up week 4 of veg in a few days

*/original/3X/e/d/edff49b4168fff0a4a91012872bbd81150ff032b.MOV

1 Like

It looks to be an indica strain. The leaves are fat and shorter vs longer and skinnier like sativa. After that i got nothing.

2 Likes

Lools healthy :wink:

1 Like