Would this be considered a male plant!

This would be the most recent shots haven’t been on in a while… life has gotten in the way of my posting… it’s been abt a week or 2 since my last post none the less let’s get too it…

Update… it’s the ending week 6 or 7 of veg
Temp steady between
68-70 degrees F mornings/evenings
76-78 Mid Day Lights On
Ppms round 1100
Flushing cubes weekly to keep build ups down still no major signs of sex… this morning I saw 1 little hair pop out on one of the main stalk nodes but still no significant signs of sex… as of two days ago I flipped into the 12/12 lighting cycle… for the purpose of identifying sex. I planned on going back to the 18/6 lighting cycle but I was advised against it, being that it could cause added stress getting them to transition back into veg. I could possibly end up with morphodite or other type of weird mutations so to avoid that we are just going to rock out with the 12/12 cycle :nerd_face:

The Next Day :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Hey guys it’s the next day I actually didn’t get to post yesterday life got in the way so here another update!!!

It day 41 of veg no signs of sex saw 1 hair pop out on one plant but it’s nothing major could be a new fan leaf coming in
On day 39 I flipped my light cycle
From 17light/7dark
To 12light/12dark
Two Identical 600w full spectrum LEDs
One MH 600w Veg Light

Temps at 70-72 degrees
Humidity 60%

Cleaned the reservoir
Flushed the cubes with 6.0 ph water
Then I did a heavy feed
Ppms 1337 Before feed
After feed ppm 978
Added a bloom booster to nutes to help with this transition into bloom…
Going to be spreading the plants out to bring my canopy to 8x2 and adding another light as well to go through the flowering stage
But that’ll be after my netting is installed hopefully within the next few days… to get the desired scrog affect I plan to a combination of LST & SuperCropping some of the plants are taller than others so might need a little help getting down to the desired height and others will have a chance to grow up through the netting I’m expecting a lot of scratching during the bloom cycle… well that’s my update, hopefully my peeps will chime and share thoughts and opinions on my first Hydro Grow… there’s a video I’m trying to upload also taking a while to upload…

1 Like

It’s Day 43 and it’s a good but sad day
Some signs of sex in the 3 largest plants in my garden of 31 … and I think one is a male, which just happens to be the biggest plant in my garden :sleepy::face_vomiting::nauseated_face::woozy_face::sneezing_face: I know it sucks
But if it is I’ll have to get rid of it…

Update Temp at 73 degrees
Humidity at 72%
Ppms holding steady round 1200 or so
Water temp 71 degreee
Small feed, transitioning to bloom

So here’s a few pics of the largest plant in my garden now I could be wrong these could be new fan leafs coming in being that it’s so big and pretty much touching the light the nodes on top the plant are starting to grow very tight… but right now I’m convinced it’s a male plant and that I don’t want any where near this grow…

These pics are of the next two biggest plants in the bunch but there are clearly signs of little white hairs if you zoom in :sweat_smile: but idk you guys let me know what you all think pls

1 Like

The first plant is definitely a male.

5 Likes

I figured was just kinda hoping it wasn’t :sneezing_face::sneezing_face:

1 Like

You could make a cardboard box grow room for it and collect the pollen off it. Pollen is a big deal. Im going to try and get some pollen if I get any males.

4 Likes

Yeah I’m limited on Grow space to this one room… so it would be a lil difficult to keep the pollen from getting to the other plants while maintaining it through out the grow…

1 Like

Yep then throw it out. That boy is trouble and hell knock up all you ladys in 1 shot.

4 Likes

How long do the males usually take to release pollen ?

1 Like

Could be a couple weeks or 3. As soon as the flowers open. And if you see banana looking things those are already dropping pollen. Usually midway through the end of flower.

3 Likes

:unamused: I’ve identified 5 more male plants and two more possibles which would bring my total to 8 male plants so far only 4 have shown signs of being female out of 30 plants started with 45 beans now I’m down to just 29 plants still waiting on the rest to show signs of sex

2 Likes

Are there any seed banks close to NC SC Or GA looking for feminized autos … I ordered fr i Love Growing Marijuana but they took like 25 days to get here… so I was thinking if some one could ship faster or if their close to GA I could go pick them up…

2 Likes

Sensible seeds is fast if u pay for super expedition stealth package.like 3-4 days;) @sensibleseeds are here as well

2 Likes

THC Seeds Right No CBD

2 Likes

Tonnes of all kinds major selection

1 Like

Looks like I’ve found 6-7 more males in my garden… one plant actually have a a very little amount of sacs like 2-3 but it also has white hairs so I’m not sure what’s going on there I have so many unanswered questions about this grow but it’s still all part of a learning process doing my best to teach myself all I can…

Temp 70 degrees
Humidity 63%

2 Likes

Thanks hoppiefrog. Please check our High CBD Strains ( Max THC 1% ) (1).docx (15.4 KB) High THC Seeds.docx (18.1 KB) Low THC Strains , High CBD.docx (14.8 KB)

2 Likes

Update I think I finally have all the male plants out currently sitting at 24 plants number may still go down there are a few runts here and 2 I’m going to keep my eye on suspected of being males they have multiple white hairs sprouting out all over on nodes but there are like a few 2-3 sacs on 2 nodes so ima keep my eye there… hopefully soon my trellis can go up and I can get them LST/super cropped to lower my canopy and adjust my lights to the correct heights

Room Temp 73 degrees f
Humidity 66%
Small feed little to no run off

I intentionally let them grow wild like this because this is a first time grow for me and these ladies have be through the worst… but I wanted to experiment with this first go around in this room to test some thoughts on the scrog method …anyways I’ll keep you guys posted if you’re tuned and thanks for following along on this journey

4 Likes

You guys should be hearing from me soon :raised_hands:t5: S/o to @hoppiefrog for the source

1 Like

My netting is up :new_moon_with_face::man_shrugging:t4::man_facepalming:t4: Lmao 1hr and a half later both are tucked under the net… these pictures was taken yesterday… I’m currently defoliating going to be posting another update in a few… Fan leaves when it comes to larger fan leaves how do you guys feel about removing them? For me it’s painful but I’m thinking getting rid of the larger fan leaf the plant can use the energy else where… plus they block out a lot of light… which brings me too my next question any one know of any methods to cure fan leafs to use as rolling materials?

Uploading: DC1EF6B3-449B-41E2-8133-130092989557.jpeg… Uploading: 020102B2-991B-472D-A077-37EF0B5F0517.jpeg…

1 Like

3 Likes