Would this be considered a male plant!

After defoliation

2 Likes

Here for another update I think I just enter my first week of flower the ladies have transitioned well showing lots of hairs and thickening canopy :sweat_smile: not bad for my first time I’ll say… before I get to far I had to remove two more male plants bringing my count from 24 to 22… and I’ll possibly be removing 2 more depending on responses… here are the two plants I removed to day one is definitely a male but the second has a lot of white but lower nodes are showing what could possibly be pollen sacs I think it would be too early for a seed to present during this stage but I could be wrong… I’m wondering are these unforeseeable mutations results of my topping and fimming (fuck I missed) techniques… I’m not sure but would love to hear you guys opinions

Pics of “Definite Male”

These two pics are the same plant one with flash one with out flash but it definitely appears to be a male plant too me… not many if any white hairs in sight on this plant

Pics of possibly “herm or mutant”

Okay this is the second plant I removed it had many white hairs on multiple tops/nodes… but then there’s these things that resemble sacs or seeds in my opinion not sure what cause that or what’s happening should I get rid of it or allow it to keep growing… someone please shed some light…

Okay finally my update it is officially the first week of flower and my canopy is looking promising. Not as neat and uniform as I’d like but it’s pretty awesome a first timer…

Day 3 of flower.
Temp 70 degrees
Humidity 67%
Small feed 3mins little to no run off from my cubes… running flora grow duo for nutes early flower feeding measuring…

Yeah the tops have turned towards the lights right now there are two full Spectrum LED lights one 600w and the other 1200w with a 600w MH light in between but I’m going to be swapping out my 600w MH light for a 600w HPS Light for the remainder of the flowering stage… hopefully next week my second HPS Light Will Be Here And Also I’ll be getting another 1200w LED Light to replace that 600w… which I will be using to veg my next batch of seeds I’m going to be ordering from @sensibleseeds s/o to @hoppiefrog… I checked out there inventories and there was a few that caught my attention and I’d love to try… hopefully I’ll be successful at collecting the pollen from the male plants I have here that way I can attempt some breeding :man_shrugging:t4: Who knows if you guys could chime and let me know your thoughts on what to do next or how I’ve done so far I’m always interested in good reads…

3 Likes

Are you going to be keeping any clones from these plants to run again? Keeping a good mother around can make sure you don’t run into this problem next crop. Feminized seeds, too!

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out if I can meaning do I have space for a mom plant(s) and if so how should I go about doing it. Right now I haven’t removed the lower 3rd yet, with the intention of using those for clones possibly mothers… but I’m having to find another room/space or modify my current space to hold the mother’s & clones

Now that my plants have entered the flowering stage they have less light period then the 17hrs of light that i choose to veg in . I had one idea to split my room into two by building a divider of some sort floor to ceiling that way the lighting schedule won’t be a problem

1 Like

Hey also what do you make of that one plant with the white hairs and also the sac/seed like things? Any thoughts there?

Update!!!

Week 1 Flower Day 4
Temp 76 degrees
Humidity 50%
Ppms 1255 after run off
Ph between 6.0-.65 after run off
Heavy feed for about 8 mins

All the ladies are standing y’all and starting to stack up :new_moon_with_face: will be adding a second trellis net for support in a few weeks check out these pics from today

Going to also be removing that lower 3rd soon

2 Likes

What do it mean when a plant bid hermied?? I’m noticing a few of my female plants have seed like things on them how does that affect the plant and final bud quality?

1 Like

If it actually makes seeds the buds will suffer as it takes energy to make seeds and the buds will get airy and thinner. I would recommend some optic folier switch. And some optic folier transport to stop that and make buds and schrivel up the male flowers fsst.

1 Like

Day 13 of flower
Temps up a tad bit it’s very cold here outsides low 40s today had the heat on

Temp 78 degrees
Ppms round 880
Small feed 3 mins
Not much going on beside production… I’m not going to do anything much more to these other than let them finish out round day 60-70ish… or when I think they are ripped I’ve selected my new genetics from @sensibleseeds just waiting to place the order. this being only my 2nd grow my First was 5 plants this one was 33 plants but I’m down to just 24 and most those hermied… I’m thinking due to stress cause by the late scrog, there was a few males like 7, not sure if I got them out in time before they released any pollen my light/dark cycle was interrupted 3 times and the fluctuation in the temp was an issue… this run I had to gather everything piece by piece so the next run I’m ready and it should be much more successful

2 Likes

So it’s day 29 of flower
The ladies/lady boys (Hermies)
:rofl::rofl: are doing fine
Again this was my R&D Batch
Of unknown genetics and they seem to
Be showings signs of being some type of OG
The smell is awesome. I think I could’ve done a better job with my trellis net and Scrog attempt but over I’m happy with my improving results hoping my next run will be much much better well let’s get into this update

Day 29 of bloom
Temp at 75 degree F
Humidity at 56%
Ppms Are lower this week I think having them high burnt abt 18% of the lowers I’m not sure what caused hopefully some one can shed some light on that

I’m hoping to figure out what caused this

Here are some other pics of some tops

I haven’t posted in a while but hoping for a lil bit of feed back still learning so much from the community here it’s been great reading the responses I get and checking out other Grow journals as well… Til Next Time

1 Like

The tops look good. Is that mutant twisted foliage inside at the bottom? Looks like it’s from lack of light penetration. If u can spread the colas to get some light to the lowers they will pick back up if that’s the culprit. Hard to tell when pics are taken with the lights on.

Also looks like u might have a few seeds popping in there.

Good luck farmer!!

2 Likes

Yeah I think I could use stronger LED Or HPS… umm I’m not to sure what but you have a great point there I’m going to try something with spreading the tops out more. And as far a the seeds yeah this my first time scrog well trying to scrog I felt some of the plants stressed to much. About half of them where at least 3-4ft tall before The trellis was put in and had so many breaks so I’m guess the plants hermied… also there was about 8 male plants that could have possibly released pollen it’s sucks but over I’m just trying to dial my room and and prepare for the next grow… all the stuff I have i pieces it together now that I have my full set up minus two lights I think my next run will have potential to be better…

2 Likes

Hey you guys I’m like mid bloom on these everything going smooth just wondering what should be going on or what should I. Be expecting in terms of growth…? Is there anything I can do to help bulk up or is that just based off the size of the plants

Good Morning :sunny:
By my count it’s day 40 of bloom
And here’s my update

Finally fixed my humidity problems I was experiencing around day 27-31
Temps steady round
75-78 during lights on
72-75 during lights off

Humidity round
53-55% at feeding
44-47% in between

Water temp 72.3 degrees
Ppms are lower (1000-1110 range) right now I flushed my 6” cubes every 7-8 days w/ PH watery usually 5.7-6.2 range
Dry back on the bigger ones (6 out of 21) are quicker than smaller ones…

Ummm yeah not a flawless run typical with beginners still learning a lot but also seeing progress… I plan too chop these by day 65. I hope that’s long enough, puts my bloom cycle a lil over 9 weeks.

Well that’s it for now check out these pics and chime in… what could I do to make my next run better???

3 Likes

I would let them go another 2 weeks.

Let the plant tell you, that plant needs at the least 2 weeks, you still have a lot of white pistols coming in

4 Likes

You got some nice flowers growing still! The 2nd time always goes better, the 3rd even more. I’m right there with ya trying to get my system all dialed in too. We just learn from any mistakes and not repeat them the next time. Also, if you could turn your lights off when your taking pics it makes it so much easier for us to see what really going on in the natural light. The led light really makes it hard to see.
You got a real nice set up and will have a great harvest, and many more to come!

3 Likes

Definitely was thinking that :sweat_smile: abt the led light I’ll will take some more pics with them off and yeah I agree with the learn in stages don’t repeat the same mistakes

1 Like

Yeah I’m at like Day 40 now trying to edge it out til like day 65ish… is much rather chop then later than too early(soon)

2 Likes

It’s all about patients … from here on in

read the plant … be the plant … smoke the plant …

3 Likes