Would you just look at that

8 Likes

Thinking hard on going automated. I want to spend my time working the plants not feeding them constantly. Anyone have any ideas that wont cost me an arm and maybe leg? Lol @Slym3r @nacho151 @MrMonkey420 @PreyBird1 @LoCoRocK @ultrapuff and everyone else of course just wanted to tag a few to get the answers rolling

9 Likes

I would recommend Grobucket’s, they work great for me.

7 Likes

So how exactly do those work i should just look it up. Lol

7 Likes

Im working on this right now. Im tired of having to get rid of pots and leftover media. Let alone transplanting all the time. Im gonna go automated also. Im trying to stop as much plant work and auto mate it more. I got 4x 55 gallon barrels and a new R/O system. Im trying to do a couple things. I may do a fload table or a drip system. I really haven’t decided. I always liked rwdc. So im trying this first. Because i can get a used 4x4 fload tray thats already plumbed. Or not plumbed.

8 Likes

Check out this thread, GroBucket Test Group - device makes 5 gallon buckets self-watering
Lot of information in it.

7 Likes

So navh did you add the air stone?

7 Likes

@PreyBird1 if im looking into automated idk how you didnt a ling time ago. Lol props to you man lol

8 Likes

Im a slacker and im breeding a loy and rwdc isnt easy to breed like that. So im trying to run bigger and faster crops. Need to make more flower qauntity faster. And less wasted time. I already work 60 hrs a week and need more time. I was on vacation for the last 5 days. And i went to the sity dump 3x. Installed 3 new lights in the house, replaced the 2 garage door seals. Installed a R/O system. set up my Rwdc system. Built a loft inside my shed outside moved all the camping gear and crap out there. Freed up my basement a lot.

9 Likes

Busy man. Hey what do you think of 2 of these @PreyBird1 FGI Square 3 WiFi LED Grow Light with Built in Controller and far red diodes, weatherEFX Cloud Sunrise and Sunset Programming https://a.co/d/dEB3YLa
Anyone heard of this brand before?

8 Likes

I realized it didn’t need an air stone. I usually top water for about the 1st 30 days, then use the reservoir. I modified the screen with a plastic elbow and tubing and hook it up to a 400 gph aquarium pump and it will push a gallon of water and nutes into it in less than 30 seconds. But it does use soil. I’ve never had problem with under watering or over watering, or root rot.

7 Likes

I dont think its worth the cash. Looking for a decent option probably the s44 huh nach?

8 Likes

The Ionboard S44 is a good light. If you’re using mostly AC Infinity equipment I would also suggest the Controller 69.

8 Likes

Only using the exhaust fan setup

7 Likes

What about this one guys? My small vivosun light seems to do well for just 100w this one here is 430 and its on sale for 290 vs orginal price is 419. Lmk what yall think
Limited-time deal: VIVOSUN Patented Design VS4300 LED Grow Light Foldable Dimmable Plant Grow Light with Samsung & OSRAM Diodes and 5 Dimming Option - Full Spectrum Light for Indoor Plants https://a.co/d/3gS25hm

6 Likes

These are the things I use. And i use %50 perlite %50 coco.

that sediment filter is so your lines don’t get clogged. Also if your doing auto feed I suggest you figure a way to collect that runoff back into your res. It will save you tones on nutrients. Some people say dwc is easier.

9 Likes

If you don’t want to buy a Grobucket and rather go bubble bucket DIY on the cheap:

Gary’s got you covered again.

Some other nice hydrosystems on his channel too.

7 Likes

Why couldnt you connected another pump to thr tray and pump it back to res

7 Likes

Find out how long it takes to pump it back set that on a different timer

6 Likes

You could if your reservoir is outside your tent. It’s probably easier just to set up a big tray where the plants sit in, the reservoir underneath it. Tray tilted a little to collect the run-off in one corner of the tray, a hole in that corner, connect a drain-hose to it that runs straight back into your reservoir. And then a pump & lines to some drippers or halo’s to feed the plants of course.

Oh yeah, one more thing: f*ck Botanicare and their $150 trays. There’s a gazzilion alternatives on the web with normal plastic prices.

8 Likes