Yet again our friend starts a thread not to b commented on

Responding to the flush thread that our wonderful community friend @eldindupljak likes to come in and start threads that he knows has flaws that he thinks he can manipulate the facts and no one can respond to.

So I will here. Your study in the flush has a major problem. Most of us who flush properly aren’t flushing with PLAIN WATER. We are using a chelated flushing agent. That makes the entire study that you posted to us “connoisseurs” null and void. Water will not have the same result so I will take your attempt at making a point just that, a failed attempt. But I like that you have been stewing on it for months. Keep digging u may just find that someone else is right.

10 Likes

I basically don’t waste my time reading ppls threads if they are overly opinionated or are ignorant too often or to a extreme. So haven’t read the thread but I don’t need to to be able to tell there’s a improvement with a flush weather be it be salt or organics used. At the very least it sure speeds up the cure and I’m almost certain the end result.but 1000% helps with speeding the cure along.i can smoke buds two weeks in a jar w a flush and not gag my guts up but will take about 5-6 weeks w no flush. And honestly I don’t use a flushing solution often, I just use straight ro

16 Likes

Also this is a new science we still need to learn much and not all things are easy to test for (we don’t know what we are looking for in a lot of cases)

10 Likes

The conclusion of the study was that “there is no benefit to flushing Cannabis flower for improved taste or consumer experience” which is just fine in my option. Also, the study was conducted and paid for by a nutrient company, so keep that in mind when they tell you flushing makes no difference.

The big thing for me is that if flushing makes no difference in final quality (according to their results and the opinions of their testers) then why wouldn’t I flush? If can run pure water for 14 days out of 70, which is 20% fewer nutes, and get the same end quality according to their findings, why wouldn’t I flush the full time?

9 Likes

I have tried both through the years. Unless you go heavy on nuets. I’ve never really noticed a difference. I do a light flush out of habit. Due to my indoor growing habits. But when we grow outdoors we don’t flush people like @Ladithief and @Packee I think do indoor and outdoor. They could help give us some data.

2 Likes

The ground gives us a natural flush. It has the best filtration system known to mankind.

I grow both indoor and outdoor and do notice a difference when harvesting after heavy periods of rain. Like weeks of rain.

3 Likes

I ran teas outdoors right up to harvest… the most I get for a flush is 3 days this way… and that depends where I am in the water/tea schedule… there is a chance I harvest the day after teas… I noticed far more flavour this year… but again it’s the first year I went total living soil and I do feel that is the reason… I always enjoy flushing the nutes out up to this season… but it was only because I was sick of mixing by then and sometimes it leaves me enough nutes left over to get a good jump on the next season… as in Silica, liquid karma, and Cal/mag… I don’t care if I run out the flower portion… I have 8 months to worry about about that…

6 Likes

What brand chelated flush and when and how long? I am using DWC process.

After reading the next article from RX Green, I think my questions are answered. Thanks. Must be ESP.

1 Like

I use flawless finish from Advanced Nutrients. But I am in soil.

3 Likes

I’ve always flushed based on the fact Of heavy metal removal?? I’ve really only done it as that’s what everyone suggests for indoor. Outdoor was living soil and followed a 3 tea regimen for all stages

Packee

6 Likes

the study was very inconclusive in my opinion. I flush for 3 days indoor since i use liquid nutrients, although outdoors i don’t since the soil flushes my plants for me. I have noticed the difference in taste with the same genetics although they were seeds not clones. i think the study should be re done by someone that isn’t involved with a large company.

4 Likes

once heavy metals are in, they won’t flush out, (use pure sourced ingredients)
But you don’t want a bunch of nutrients at the end of the life cycle. I dont give any nutrients and its only water from the top last 2 weeks

10 Likes

Correct. This is the proper way IMHO

3 Likes

I use a chelated flush starting 3 weeks before harvest. Only water the rest of the three weeks til harvest. U only flush once a week.

2 Likes

That is what I did at the advice of @MK3_Pharms, @dollhouz and some others and it was perfect I will do it from here on out … it was like they were just ready to die at the end of the 2 weeks

6 Likes

@MK3_Pharms Old school cat, knows how to do things proper

4 Likes

That’s what I try to explain to some of these guys. You can try new things yes. But the wheel is already perfect. Keep it simple. And you’ll be fine.
Look even I make mistakes. Hell I had to throw out twelve plants last month because of a mistake. But really I threw them out because it wouldn’t be right for me to market my mistake. I’d rather trash it all then release garbage.

9 Likes

How you will flush Heavy Metals from the system ? They are not biodegradable …omg :@:@

MAN without bad intentions , but were you collect this data ! You want to say the soil is best for flushing , its totally opposite its a whole science about the leaking affect and the nutes in natural soil , the Cation Exchange Capacity and etc . Every comment of you is total non - sense …
Plus the nutes are in organic form …
I cant i will never comment on yr posts again …
Bye