4 site RDWC system

Nice Gonna be some fat colas in there!

6 Likes

Man these plants are huge! The buds are getting thicker!

6 Likes

Ok so eone need to become super cool buds with me so they can talk my wife into getting or letting me get a chiller. If I can acquire a chiller I’ll be set to run hydro. I’ve tried Dec and not such good luck for me as I struggled like a SOB to keep rez temps at an ok level. Went thru a lot of 20oz pop bottles made into ice cubes lol. After that run I said f that unless I get a chiller. Also I was running a lot of blurples at the time tho too. Like 10 blurples in the room to make ok amount of light.

6 Likes

Just a quick update

10 Likes

Getting too close to the sun lol

6 Likes

Yeah i know ther unmanageable and over 7 feet tall now! They literally stretched for 4.5 weeks!

9 Likes

Whoa momma! The buds are fattening now!

13 Likes

Those r some great looking buds

9 Likes

A couple pics *update definatly got a little hot on the nutrients

11 Likes

There still going but almost done.

15 Likes

Good lord. Looks like youll need help cutting that down. Ill be right over. Lol

12 Likes

Yeah im gonna get out the loppers maybe the small ryobi hedge cutters i got. They actually kick ass! I love ryobi tools. I have rigid brand some dewalts and some millwakee stuffs but i like my ryobi stuff the most. Im not a brand whore and all the dewalt/Milwaukee people arguing which is best…whatever man!

5 Likes

Ryobi tools are made by Techtronic Industries (TTI), a company based in Wisconsin that also owns several other tool and small home appliance brands, including Milwaukee, Homelite, Oreck, Dirt Devil, Hoover, AEG, and RIDGID.

I thought they were built by dewalt. I was wrong lol.

6 Likes

Make sure you get the right tools for the job!

8 Likes

@happilyretired how much does the grove bag weight that you sent me? I can do a dry weight of you know. Because i sacked all the buds up from one plant and didnt weight that bag before i filled it up and im not taking that bud out to find out!

8 Likes

I believe dewalt is part of black and decker i used tonuse all ryobi before i switched to dewalt stuff as.dewalt batteries kill ryobi batteries. Besides battery length ryobinis great stuff for the price points.

6 Likes

30 grams. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Ok here you go guys. And this is 2 plants. And there is 2 more plants drying in the machine.

I did take some to smoke lol. But not bad so far. And thats all trimmed up.

Still have to weigh up these last 2 plants

9 Likes

Got some big roots. Looks like all the roots went down the tubes but only filled them up 1/4 so the 2" pvc was a good choice

12 Likes

Ok here we go again. I spent 3 hours setting up the RCDW hydro system. I had to clean all lids and replace all the net pots with new ones.

Then reinstall the air stones and set them up.

Then i had to measure out 4 net pots of hydroton. And then go out and wash them 3 times and rinse them. You dont want that sandy shit getting into your pumps!! And the air stones same thing gotta rinse them well and avoid scrubbing them. I find it a lot easier to start fresh every time. New net pots, new air stones, new hydroton everytime.

Sure sure i could save money but i dont care because i buy in bulk because its cheaper and then i keep it in my inventory.

Just got these for the inventory last night.

Anyways im getting sidetracked there. Next i have found these little grow bags make an excellent water filter for the water chiller!

On the bottom of the net pots. I cut out 2 little pieces of netting to help pull the roots through the net pots easier.

so this system holds 55 gallons total volume. But with all the componants i run 3-4 gallons a site and a resivoir that holds 35 gallons. But with the pump lines and air stone tubing and the gap ratios under the net pots. i run 17-20 gallons in the system. 17 gallons puts the air gap at 1.5" under my net pots. then i only have to add 2-3 gallons a day when there really drinking water and nutrients.
I also only made 10 gallons of nutrients this time but added 17 gallons of water. Im going to see if i can use less nutrients this time. Its seems to be better anyways because everything was almost spot on perfect! The ppms were a lot better than last run at 920ppms

Ph was 5.6 once i had the system fully loaded and running.

I put in a teaspoon of Ph Up.

And we hit 5.8ph perfect.
Water temp is warmer than i like. I prefer 70-73°

I also changed the light spectrum to spring light mode. And turned it up to 70% because the lights pretty high and its really a heavy light and moving it is not easy!and set it to 24hr just like the cloner light time. And gave them a nice oscillating fan.

So heres a recap.
Water temp 76f
Water Ph 5.8
Water ppms 920
Air temp 72

Edit: light is a Foshe Aries at 70% spring mode. Were going for that 70s average across the board.

12 Likes