4 Ton Rosin Press

If anyone has experience with rosin presses, I need a straight yes or no answer to this question: Is 4 tons of pressure enough? I think, if my understanding is correct, more pressure allows you to press larger quantities at a time, but if you’re doing small batches (3-5 grams) you don’t need as much pressure? I cant seem to find an answer out there, so I figured I needed to ask someone who knows. Who knows?

2 Likes

Welcome to the Growers Network. There are many folks here that will be able to help you out.

Here are some things to read though while you wait.

I know some guys had a really good discussion on it but it’s inside a thread i can’t find.

Hey welcome to the forum. Should find all the info you need here, just not from me :rofl:

I’m not the best to answer but short and simple - yes 4 ton is all you need. Picked one up a few months ago have had great success doing hash. I’m still working out pressing flower. Still working out time and temp on that. In my 4 ton I’ve pressed as much as 7grams at a time no issues

Perfect. Much appreciated. I dont plan on pressing anything but small batches anyway, so I think a 4 ton might be just right. Thanks so much.

1 Like

@tbrant I believe 4 tons is plenty. I never go over 2200. 2500# max for sure. Your ideal pressure is going to be somewhere around 1500#. At least this is from my experience. With 1500# and 195° I’ve been getting at least 20% yeild consistently. Hope this helps.

@PreyBird1 built his own press.

1 Like

No i didnt @homey sorry my friend. I could build one easy.vwell see how this mini press works out?
@bullfrog420 did. I haven’t built one sorry. I have small press from fleabay!

You can buy D.I.Y plate and controller kits.

Maybe it was @happilyretired. Happy, you built a press recently, yes?

1 Like

That sounds better