AC Infinity T6 fan and controller

@sssportsmfg I was surprised that it didn’t have a longer transition time myself, however I do like the fact it has the built in timer on and off settings and that I can see whats going on with the tent environment 24 hours a day! That’s why I like the 67 Controller I am currently using on my Cloudlift T-10 for the room exhaust. Another thing I like about the light you can set the desired wattage for each stage of your grow. I probably will only play with the sunrise and sunset transition to see how it works but during each phase of growing increase the light settings manually. For seedling stage run the light at 50% at 24 inches, 70% at 14 inches for veg and 100% at 12 inches for flower.

2 Likes

Yeah I never understood why they allow so little control, the programming is just the instructions in the ROM chip. I don’t think it would take any more read only memory to program 2 hours of sunrise/sunset than 90 seconds. And like I said, I don’t think the plants give a damn anyway lol.

Marty

3 Likes

AC Infinity is getting ready to bring out a new line of grow lights called the Ionboard series. I think they are trying to corner the market on automated lights! Lol! Here is a PAR chart for the Iongrid T-22 with the 301H diodes.

2 Likes

Yes I have been watching this for a while now…everybody and I mean everybody, had a super hot spot in the middle, they still do, I wondered how long it would take before someone actually achieved a almost equal par all across the board, and while this is better why not make them better yet, 0 reason they can’t put their diodes in a pattern to get way more even lighting, even this with the hole in the middle is still almost 100% difference outside to middle. Spider Farmer has a new one out, with 10 bars and tighter spacing toward the sides and a less dramatic difference between the middle and the sides. It is a 1000 watt light. They are getting better for sure. I won’t be interested in lights until they get them better on even distribution of light. Right now I have 3 Durolux hanging they are 4 ft long, most even coverage I have seen yet.

And for a cheap light (3 times $78 bucks) I am getting 990 watts, I did add two Rapid LED far red bars and spaced them to shine inbetween the three Durolux lights so with the two light bar far red and the three Durolux i am running 1190 watts, my plants are loving this combination. No fancy controls or even dimming but they are getting the job done.

Marty

3 Likes

That isnt much control. I have all my light’s have dimmers. I just have the lights shut off in stages. I have the lights turn off after the main light dims to sunset. Then each light shuts down within 5-10 mins.

3 Likes

You are right Prey, the main lights have no more control than on and off. The far red light bars also have nothing but on/off, except I use a small programmable timer that keeps the far red on for 10 minutes longer than the main 5000K lights, so 16 hours main lights and 16 hour 10 minutes far red. I plugged the far red into a simple power strip separate from the main light controller so I could give them 10 minutes extra and synchronized the two timers to within less than a minute apart on the time, they are both digital so they both keep great time.

Have you seen any advantage to all the dimming and fancy controls? I don’t do my seedlings in the main tent so I have no need for reduced output. Instead I just use one 330 watt Durolux until they outgrow that then turn a second one on, then finally all three. I don’t run the far red until flower.

Marty

4 Likes

@sssportsmfg have you had a problem with your controller 67? Mine stopped working in the middle of the night, I had to unplug it and plug it back in to reboot it. Now it’s working right again.

2 Likes

Nope no problem at all so far. Also so you know, Infinity told me you couldn’t install the software on more than one Apple device…that is wrong, as long as you completely close the program on one (phone) before you open it on another (Ipad) it works fine and will connect with both via bluetooth. But only one at a time. If you forget to completely close it running on one device, the other won’t connect.

Marty

5 Likes

I talked to Daniel on Customer Service chat he told me to send an email to customer support and they would ship me a new controller and to ship the one acting up back to them to see why it did what it did. I really like their customer service.

3 Likes

Thats fantastic ! Will you have a controller during the shipping process, will they ship to you first and when you get the new one send the acting up one back?

Marty

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but it happened again this morning so in the next hour or so I’m putting the original controller back on the fan. I just ordered a backup for future. I have a controller 69 on order for my new Iongrid T-22. I’m thinking I need to get a backup one for it at the beginning of the month though.
*** UPDATE*** They are of stock so I probably won’t get a new one until the end of February or the beginning of March.

3 Likes

Well hell that sucks for sure !! If you don’t have a working controller let me know and I will send you the one I have sitting in the file cabinet here. It’s not the 67 just the regular one, but it works. Do you have a extra probe you can try out to make sure that isn’t the problem?

Marty

4 Likes

Thank you for the offer! I still have the original controller and probe. I will try changing out the probe.

4 Likes

Man i have to set mine up still. Im going to try and get it installed today with my new light.

3 Likes

I swapped out the probe and it may have been the problem! It’s still working this morning. I’m going to wait a couple of more days to make sure!

4 Likes

Just in case anyone needs a 20 foot sensor probe for their AC Infinity controllers.

1 Like

That is the AC Infinity store on Amazon. Even if you order directly from Infinity off their web site it gets shipped from Amazon. They use Amazon for fullfillment of orders. More and more companies are doing that, it makes sense, Amazon is set up to do it and it is costly to install an entire system for just your products.

Marty

2 Likes

Fantastic nacho…that would be simple, and Infinity will ship you just a probe on warranty replacement, but they will warn you that if that doesn’t fix it it may cost you more time. Great customer service.

They shipped me a whole new probe and controller and it was just the probe.

Marty

2 Likes

That is the reason I wanted to wait to see if it keeps working. They sent an email to me last night and gave me 2 options. 1. Wait till back in stock. 2. Send back for full refund and upgrade to the Controller 69. I took your advice and tried the original controller probe and connected it. It’s been working ever since, tomorrow if it’s still working I’ll get with them and request a new probe.

2 Likes

Update to my Controller 67 issue. Checked it this morning and I could connect to it but it had quit working again. I’m going to call them tomorrow and get a replacement or a refund on it.

1 Like