Brian's Utopia šŸ’š

Does anyone have any experience with cbd flower? I deal with anxiety and depression, and have heard and read that mixing the 2 could be a good route for me. Anxiety being my main obstacle.

3 Likes

@dunbar,
I have battled both also and find consuming hydro and certain other strains increases my anxiety,
I currently use a Mighty vape and find it helps alleviate some of the symptoms, as to your question about cbd, I know of others that use cbd to assist with anxiety and other disorders. I am growing some this round and will use it for exactly that reason :v:

5 Likes

@Enlightened420 itā€™s been suggested to me a few times. I hate to buy some from a dispensary being expensive, and doesnā€™t seem like a ton of people grow it personally. I assume I can grow it side by side with my regular grow?

4 Likes

I canā€™t even smoke enough to calm my brain

3 Likes

Of course, its still weed and will grow as such.
I have seen more and more people starting to grow cbd.

@Slym3r, I know the feeling my friend, now I use meditation to calm my mind.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s my main issue! Calming the brain.

4 Likes

I suffer ADHD, PTSD and all the old people aches and pains. The ADHD and PTSD Iā€™ve had most of my life.
I find a pure sativa with zero couch lock not only calms my mind, but gives me a great focus on what I an doing. Sativa puts my ADHD on hold.

An Indica on the other hand, jacks me up. All I can do is sleep when I smoke them, so I only use indica at night before bed.

3 Likes

@dunbar Sorry if Im just stating the obvious, but if u exercise everyday you will get endorphins, like with runners high? If u can, try jogging or even fast walking, everyday, for 45 min. Do it everyday. In a couple months you will be amazed. It will eliminate depression, lesson anxiety, insomnia, arthritis pain somewhat. . .
For calming ur mind-- oreos got it. ā€¦meditation. That not only helps in the short term, it also creates new neural pathways.
Ok but i have another suggestion for those over-active minds. There is a homeopathic remedy, Nux Vomica, that is very effective in shutting off that ā€œbroken recordā€ of racing thoughts, like at bedtime.
U can get it at the healthfood store. Get whatever potency they have, but get 30c if they have it. Standard or Boiron (brands).
Slymy I can send u some Nux.

7 Likes

Will definitely be giving this a try. That "broken record " of revolving thoughts is huge for me. Iā€™ve tried cbd oil, ordered online, passion flower extract as well. My Psych basically just changes my med over and over hoping to find something to calm it. Weed has been my only relief.

6 Likes

I hear you. The brain never goes to sleep.

4 Likes

My consciousness never sleeps,
But I have taught my brain to sleep when itā€™s told toā€¦

7 Likes

Something I do without weed to calm the thoughts and brain is take a several deep breathes in and out slowly. You think of every atom of air going in, stretching to every part of your body, collecting all the non sense and the exhaling it all.

At night if I cant sleep, I think of a happy calm place, which is often a dam, lake or such. I think of the ripples in water, and calm those ripples to a crystal clear mirror of water. It works for me.

8 Likes

We have very similar techniques @chrisj I too visualise water, calm and serene in itā€™s pure essence :v:

4 Likes

Water is the essence of life.

Canadian Rivers And Lake

We have here a sight as fair
As bonnie Doon or banks of Ayr.
Like modest worth, meandering slow,
The quiet waters gently flow.
Rose, Thistle, Shamrock, all combine
Around the Maple Leaf to twine-
Whose outstretched arms, so gigantic,
Clasps Pacific and Atlantic.
Embracing lakes like burnished gold,
With joy a Shakespeare might behold,
For either poet Barns or Moore
Such scenery they would adore.

James Mcintyre

3 Likes

If I get really worn down, I go for a ride on my bike. The wind in my face, the crispiness of the morning airā€¦ Itā€™s calming and helps me relax so I can be closer to God.
Other than that, I smoke a bowl or vape or heavy cbd.
This last year has taken a toll on me. I went from able bodied to what feels like being stuck in a wheelchair. No, I can still walk, but somedays require far more meds to get out of bed.

3 Likes

Nothing like a ride on a motorbike to lift those spirits. Sadly I am in the process of selling all of mine. Maybe something better in the future.

3 Likes

I only have 1 left. After all, I can only ride one at a time.

2 Likes

I broke a pipe so had to run into town today for a new one. Picked up a little cbd flower from the dispensary. Figured it was worth a try and wasnā€™t crazy expensive.

5 Likes

:v::green_heart: :smiley:

7 Likes

Breathing correctly works the vagus nerve. It is a great way to relax

5 Likes