Brian's Utopia šŸ’š

FYI
Dial 988 ( in the US) to access the crisis/suicide hotline.
Effective April 24th, so not quite yet.

7 Likes

I would like to share something I read today.
It said that our society sends the message that if u cry- u are too sensitive, if u lean on someone for support-u are too needy and if u admit that ur strugglingā€“ur weak.
(Cough cough bullshit)
I hate seeing this. It is very outdated, old-fashioned and incorrect.
Let me tell u the truth.
Crying, physiologically speaking, is like a release valve-- a release of pressure and stress. It is healthy to have emotions and it is healthy to cry.
Leaning on someone for support is NORMAL. Life is not a cake walk- it is hard. It is challenging. If u lean on someone, then there will most likely come a day when that person needs support and will know they can count on u.
Give and take. Loving ur friends and fellow man. Together we are stronger. Together life is less daunting, less lonely.
Ok what was that last myth? If u admit u have struggles, u are weak.
OH FUCKING CONTRAIRE my friends. When u admit u are struggling, u are facing it. That takes courage.
There was a time when I lost someone I loved and it just tormented me. I talked to my neighbor about it. He was a grief counselor at Hospice. He gave me this advice about coping. Talk to someone u trust. Tell them how u feel. Whether its ur best friend, favorite uncle, pastor at church or even ur family Dr.-- talk to someone.
If u have no one, in real life, please talk to us here. The worst thing is to feel all alone with ur problems- to think no one will understand, no one will help. Then u isolate urself and troubles start to feel really overwhelming.
When I was in nursing school (already under extreme pressure and my anxiety was bad), my mother died. At the time I was separated from my husband so I went to Ohio alone, to the funeral. After the funeral, that night, my older brother sexually assaulted me.
I returned to Florida, to nursing school and tried to just put it out of my mind. But I couldnt. I fell apart at school one day. One of my teachers told me I needed to get counselling. I remember thinking theres nothing a counselor can do to fix this. He/she cant turn back time and make the assault not happen. Well I got counselling, thank god. It saved me. Its true they cant solve ur problems. But they can help u process ur feelings about it.
In my case I blamed myself, as victims sometimes do. There were also a lot of other factors pertaining to having been raised in a very dysfunctional family. The counselor helped me to realize a lot of stuff about my family. My counselor wanted me to face my brother and tell a friend or two what happened. I didnt want to and she said that was ok. But that if I ever told someone- it would be empowering, not shaming.
She was right.
I never could call up my brother but I did send him a letter. And when I told 2 friends what happened in Ohio. . oh it makes me cry to remember this. I had expected them to gasp in horror. They didnt. They looked at me with total acceptance and kindness and calmness. I realized I wasnt a leper, afterall.
It was empowering. When u can talk about it, u stop feeling that incorrect shame.

Well Ive gone into more detail than I meant to.
The point I want to make is that when u are traumatized, u are not thinking clearly. U will come to the wrong conclusions (its my fault, theres no hope. ā€¦etc).
Other people, ur friends, professionals will see things more objectively and with way more kindness than u do.
Sometimes u feel alone and think no one will understand. But in many cases, u will be surprised at how many other people have been in ur shoes or thru something similar.
Newsflash: u are not the only person suffering.
Everyone has issues and if they say they have never experienced grief/strife. ā€¦probably lying.
What I want u guys to take away from this is to practice good coping skills. Confide in someone when u need to. Dont isolate urself. Cry when u need a release. Love urself.
YOU ARE WORTH IT.

14 Likes

Thank you for sharing my Sister :green_heart:

Your courage and wisdom are most admirable and as you said,
you are not aloneā€¦
Sharing your pain does not make one ā€˜Weakā€™ it is an extremely courageous act, that requires an immense amount of strength and personal fortitude, but it is exactly what is required in order to begin the healing process.
Drag those demons out of the shadows, immerse them in light, take away their power over you, take back your strength, take back your self worth, take back your power!
Hating someone is easy,
forgiving them is hardā€¦ :green_heart:

10 Likes

When the devil wants to dance with you, you better say never because a dance with the devil might last you forever

6 Likes

So true. We all seem to forget, you play, eventually, you gotta pay and sometimes, it is at a very high cost. I have fought many demons, in my lifetime, some have almost won. Most people who know me well, know that, I live in controlled chaos. The only reason it is controlled is, I took control of it, otherwise, it would control me and I ainā€™t gonna let that happen. We all have the strength to do this within ourselves, sometimes, you just gotta dig a little deeper. Sometimes you gotta fall a little deeper, to make us dig a little deeper. They say that lifeā€™s a dance, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow. Eff that, every time, I have followed, it has gotten me into trouble. I learned this at a very young age. I reckon thatā€™s why, I ainā€™t such a good dancer, unless I have had a few adult beverages, then no one can tell me otherwise. We all have to choose our own paths, in life and figure out what works for us. In life, like in growing weed, what works for one, doesnā€™t always work for the other. Just my honest opinion. life is simple, if you donā€™t fight it and just, consider everything that happens, just another bump in the road, try to enjoy the simple things, once in a while. Enough of my rambling. I hope that all is well with everyone. Yā€™all be safe and Stay HIGH :+1:t4: :v:t4:

image-24

And remember

Duct Tape_102

44c8b2511367bf29aa14bf43d7fa39c5c3f95fd4

15 Likes

I also think life is a cow pasture---- some days u step in it. ā€¦some days u dont! Haha
U make good points Repins- u always do.
I like the reminder to enjoy the simple things.

U know what I like about u? I really like the way u remind people (especially arguing people) that --agreeing to disagree-- is a perfectly acceptable way to go.

Party on my favorite Moonshine-guy!!!
:blue_heart:

8 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Mrs, T. People sometimes need to be reminded, Donā€™t sweat the small stuff, Sweat the sweaty suff. Just my humble opinion. Life gives you lemons, make frickin lemonade, with some of my homemade in it. Itā€™ll chill you right the F out :wink:
I hope that all is well, with you and yours. Fixin to go throw some meat on the grill and burn it. Trying to enjoy the last of the weekend. Wanna make sure that I eat before, drink thirty :rofl: :joy: :+1:t4: :v:t4:

8 Likes

A busy minds good @dunbar @Enlightened420 its a sign that the body is healing and stresses are getting desolved. Generally more active after a period of rest or say when been working hard for long while then take a break go on leave.
The body gets a chance to catch up throw off accumulated stresses in our busy lives.
May even be stresses that got lodged in the bodies nervous system years ago.
Never try to force the mind to stop this important aspect of defragging.
The mind and body are 2 sides of the same coin.
Hand and glove.
When you notice the mind judging just notice it for that.
Judgment is just another thought like all the other 50,000 we think each day.
Its when the mind judges we are judging we really in trouble but thatā€™s just a thought too.
Any trying straining or controlling of mind just slows the natural aspect of healing down.
Best not to believe what our minds think most of the time.
Stresses in the body are a bit like electricity they like the find the quickest way out to earth.
So they latch onto your strongest repetitive thoughts we have.
So on the surface it may seem like the same thought playing over and over.
In the body when given even the slightest rest can release stresses that happened when we where very young and have completely forgotten about.
Bit like finding rubbish on the kitchen floor the odd pea a hair bit of paper.
We just clean it up throw it out and donā€™t worry too much about how it got there. Just glad its gone.
Thereā€™s a still place in us all its infinite and omniscient its who we are it can be experienced by all but not if we donā€™t allow ourselves to have the stress that blocks the experience of this peace.
Here i am on a rant if its helpful great if not great.
Its all about experience yours.
Meditation great just notice when the mind is trying when you do surrender sink like you just fallen out of a boat backwards down into the depths of the water.
Beautiful.

6 Likes

This has become my favorite thread to scroll through on here lol. I struggle big time with the revolving thoughts. I basically obsess about one thought, or category of thoughts. Iā€™m labeled as ā€œgeneralized anxiety, and one of the depressionsā€ depression isnā€™t super prevelant but I usually donā€™t notice itā€™s there until itā€™s to late. Iā€™ve become very much a shut in as Iā€™ve gotten older, and only talk to less than a handful of people outside of my job. I recently realized I was in some kind of ā€œepisodeā€ which isnā€™t something Iā€™ve ever at least been aware of. Iā€™ve been through God only knows how many medications, with pretty well zero relief and still continue to try a new ones until maybe something helps. Weed was the 1st and only thing that gave me any sense of calm. Iā€™ve been recently attempting to be more open about my mental health, hoping to not feel so ashamed of how this brain works.

So thank you all for the amazing posts, suggestions, information, and most of all positivity! I apologize for the ramble, itā€™s easy to do for me.

9 Likes

this is my favorite thread too.

6 Likes

Same here Dunbar! I tend to look for that couch lock. Itā€™s the only thing that helps anymore. Acute panic disorder m Sometimes I feel like there is a tornado in my brain .

6 Likes

Monday morning blues. There was a tragic accident last night where a life was lost close to my house. I raced down to support and see if assistance was needed, and was so scared it was a local friend of mine. He was drunk from the pub and fighting with his ex-wife about access to speaking with his child, while drinking. You could see he was depressed, unshaven, creased clothes, sad face, and he has had an accident along the road before. He is fine and safe at home.

I have to also go speak with a guy going through a disgusting breakup with his wife, I understand his teen son was sexually assaulted over the weekend. This is all the tip of the iceberg. Life is difficult and I am grateful for not going through the stresses that millions of people are going through, its time to pull my socks up and keep my eye on the goal. Some advice for anyone, be careful of stress, physical/mental/drug abuse and letting it come out in other ways. Drinking and driving kills hundreds of people a day, it causes further issues, it causes stress for others that you dont even know that are watching. No matter what you are going through ,take a deep breath, exhale, do it a few times, think of something positive, contact a family member/a friend, post your issues here, put it in text. I am grateful for living another day, food on the table, roof over my head, happy animals, happy life. Life throws curve balls, the way you handle it makes you stronger, be kind, nice to others and you will get through storms. Focus on your goals and the outcomes. That is my scribble for the day, and appreciate this topic to share. Peace and love.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing Chris,
Very wise words my friend.

:v::green_heart:

4 Likes

Fantastic discussion. I was talking to an old friend the other day. He and I ran around in our 20s. We drank a lot. He asked why I smoked now and I told him that weed calms the brain while not incapacitating it. I have been diagnosed with sever anxiety. I havenā€™t had an attack in 6 years. When I began using canibus regularly. People whom think this plant canā€™t help mental illness just doesnā€™t understand. Its easy to dismiss what we donā€™t understand. Thereā€™s my 2. Glad to see Iā€™m not the only.

10 Likes

Screenshot_20210420-063627_Chrome

6 Likes

I get what you are seeing, but what if everyone did this? Some people are only happy when destroying other peoples lives. Itā€™s kind of a dangerous idea. Now if we all lived by the same moral code, then absolutely!

4 Likes

Correct, some peopleā€™s existence is centred around creating chaos and drama, whilst others choose to share light and positivity wherever they go :v:

6 Likes

And some people are only happy when they are miserable.

4 Likes

So right guyz. If only.
But we live in this world and I pray that everyone do the right thing whatever that may be in their situation.

3 Likes

This goes out to everyone who is having a rough time;

You are worthy, you are loved,
Donā€™t let this world dull your sparkle.
Shine like a brilliant ray of sunshine.

:v::green_heart: :smiley:

8 Likes