Brian's Utopia šŸ’š

How you getting on @dunbar just thought id come back to you after your last post here on this thread.
Are you ok

5 Likes

Oh Iā€™m always just chugging along, but thank you! Just starting a new grow, seeds are currently germinating and hope to be in soil today.

6 Likes

Was one hell of a weekend and I hosted a NORML cannabis social at my local watering hole on Sunday. The attendance was great, a soil expert spoke about making the perfect soil for your cannabis, weed was shared and something new was started. I did a small lucky dip giveaway at 4:20pm where we all went under the trees and sparked up joints. I met new faces, new energies all to be destroyed due to drinking and driving. The sweet young lady who won the giveaway sadly lost her life late sunday night in a car accident. I woke up to the bad news on Monday morning. She recently moved to my local town with her boyfriend, they were full of energy. The chaos, sadness and broken hearts left behind is terrible. It took me 24 hrs to work through my initial pain, guilt and feelings. I have decided to give up drinking for atleast a month in memory of her. Just another sad reminder to be careful out there.

14 Likes

Oh my. Thats crazy sad. Keep your head up. My condolences for sure.

6 Likes

I understand your feelings. I hosted a non-cannabis related event with a group of people. Attendance was huge for us over 100+ people for a small town computer gamer group. We had some tournaments and the team that won decided to head home in the middle of the night. The team lead of that team got into an accident and passed away from the injuries. Our event was still ongoing when the news hit us. We decided to not do any more events after that. I felt responsible for his death being an organizer I should have made sure he was capable of driving or made rules that no one could leave until daytimeā€¦

What we have to remember that these events are teaching moments and keep us in check as anything can happen to us in this reality. We need to appreciate the time we do have and remember those good moments of those we have lost.

May your struggle with emotions be easier than it was for me.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear the sad news,
keep your head up @chrisj :v:

4 Likes

In my profession, I see a lot of death. The reactions people have to it are always varied, some go off the deep end at either extreme. Your choice to stop drinking for a month is a reasoned, responsible and very human reaction. I quit drinking many years ago for similar reasons and it is a choice I have never regretted. Well done sir.

6 Likes

Everyone experiences grief differently. Whether ur feelings are mild or intense, u are not ā€œgoing off the deep endā€. U are normal and ur reaction to loss is normal for u.

The important thing is to allow urself to absorb ur feelings and work thru it. Donā€™t try to stifle them. Ur entitled to ur feelings, whatever they are.

5 Likes

I felt responsible for his death being an organizer I should have made sure he was capable of driving or made rules that no one could leave until daytimeā€¦

Exactly, you start questioning yourself, the guilt. I worked through that and dont feel I was irresponsible or guilty.

The issues I am still working through is, you probably understand small town syndrome and conservative outlooks. It was a big thing hosting a weed event in our small town, actually an old retired judge who came for a beer and barbeque decided to leave as he did not like the atmosphere !!!

After the talks I was sitting with two friends, big wigs in our town ( butcher and art gallery owner ex defense force type people, clean as a whistle ). The mother was watching her two sons ( 20 and 22 ) smoke weed outside with a big group, drink beer etc and we spoke about something bad happening from a mothers perspective ( drinking/ā€œdrugsā€ ). I was pointing out that sugar and nicotine are more dangerous and addictive, pointing at her non-alcoholic drink of coca cola and a cigarette in her other hand. Dont I feel like a spanner.

For me the event will go on, its something that is helping alot of people in our community, building cannabis community and ultimately better buds. I am changing my rules, somehow though.

I just called her boyfriend and offered him a shoulder if ever needed, and also not to be silly. Glad he is with family. He is new to our community and his life has changed forever. It has taken me 4 days to look at this picture, so much happiness. But cheers to Jess may she fly high and share her big personality with whoever watches over us. Cheers you happy girl.

8 Likes

My friends, @daurwid @chrisj,

Guilt is a tricky little fiend he tries to play mind games and make you feel like itā€™s your fault, if thereā€™s no one else to blame, then you are the one who must be blamedā€¦
Please listen when I say this;
You are NOT responsible for the
Law of Cause and Effect, for every action, there is a reaction. As sad as it is, the 100% truth, is that if these unfortunate people had not made the choice to DUI, then in all possibility,
they would still be with us today,
as a conscious being, they must be accountable for their own actionsā€¦

When you created these events,
they were done so, with the intention of doing something good, something positive, something to contribute to the community. Intention is everything my friends, if your intentions were pure, without ulterior motives, that is the most important factor.
In this harsh world, people are so ready to tear others down, slander or belittle without thought for consequences toward others feelings or thoughts. Behaviour/Mentality like this needs to change, we need to be compassionate, help lift one another above our obstacles and our pain.
If someone is down, the only thing they should see, is people helping them upā€¦

Mind your thoughts.
Your thoughts control your emotions, your emotions control your actions,
your actions manifest your present reality.

Be the change
You want to see in the World

:v::green_heart:

9 Likes

Let me give you the 411 from a church perspective. You are not responsible because God gave each of us freedom of choice (often called free will). What you did was done with the good of the community in mind. What happened was not on your schedule of events. But I bet in the future you make a specific effort to prevent this kind of thing. It hurts, but thatā€™s what makes us better. Without the pain we donā€™t often realize how wrong something is. The pain jogs us into action.

It will bug you for some time, but that is a good thing. You will be ever vigilant and a better friend for it. Your feelings betray the condition of your heart. A condition all good men have. May God continue to bless you and your house.

6 Likes

Well spoken @Enlightened420

1 Like

:v::green_heart: :smiley:

10 Likes

Lovely words and so true @Enlightened420

4 Likes

Iā€™m certain most people have already heard this, but Iā€™m diggin on it lately and everytime I hear it,
I just listen and smile :slightly_smiling_face:

Happiness is a lifestyle,
not a destination, itā€™s your choiceā€¦

6 Likes

ā€œIn every life we have some trouble, but when you worry you make it double. Dont worry, be happy.ā€

3 Likes

Good vibes, keep it green

:v::green_heart: :smiley:

9 Likes

@pptrsha1,

How is your recovery coming along,
Kung fu Granma?
I hope you are healing quickly with no pain my friend.

2 Likes

i hope by next month i can say that! :persevere: :persevere:

2 Likes

Sending healing vibes and best wishes

2 Likes