Bubble Hash Question Please

After I harvest I make bubble hash with dry ice – all pretty basic and I’m happy with the simple results.

Question please – as my plants grow from sprouts through vegetation and eventually flowering, some leaves do fall off now and then. Should I save them and add them to my bubble hash mix, or is it a waste of time? Or maybe only leaves I collect during vegetation?

Your advice welcome here!

Thanks.

6 Likes

You can’t get hash from a plant that hasn’t produce trichomes, so you would be wasting time trying to get hash from a plant that hasn’t flowered yet. But if the removed leafs are healthy you could juice them for a smoothie or if you can do compost with them whatever condition they are in. Or you could steam distill them for the terpene, just remember terpenes won’t get you high the trichomes do, but where ever you do the steam distillation will smell great and release endorphins in your body making you feel relaxed.

9 Likes

Damn Nacho, never thought of this. Is it good? I suppose it has some health benefits for sure.

@gleng1 Yeah, the only leaves worth including in your hash making process are the ones loaded with trichomes (sugar leaves).

5 Likes

Well I picked up on it when @chrisj posted on one of his threads about making smoothies. He makes some interesting edibles from reading that thread. Here is a thread on making smoothies.

I think cannabis smoothies would reduce inflammation issues in your body and give you more fiber in your diet. It also could help by reducing the development of Type 2 diabetes.

Here is a link to a video on it. It’s a very interesting video and informative.

I can’t seem to find the thread that @chrisj was talking about it, hopefully he can provide a link to it.

I have also used Terpene juice as aroma therapy for depression and minor pain during the day if I want some relief without getting high, and would warn people that terpene juice is very acidic so wear gloves when playing around with it, so you don’t wind up with chemical burns.

5 Likes

Hi @gleng1

The best thing to do with fan leaves is to juice, steep in boiling water or use them as additions to food. We dont realise how much nutrition is available in the leaves. Make a sauce for a pasta with the leaves, you dont know what you are missing:

Like Nacho says there are little if no tricomes on leaves unless they have fallen off the flowers/buds. For bubble hash, you can use your trim or sugar leaves, but always best to use flowers to get the best results.

5 Likes