Changes in the light schedule

Hey, so I have been wondering, I am moving my plant outdoor and indoor (when the weather isn’t great) and then left her under the lights for couple more hours. Same with the mornings, but I don’t have any automatic switch so I turn the light on when I wake up. Sometimes I go to sleep late and wake up late - whereas sometimes early - so I turn the light when I wake up. Is it a big problem that the light schedule isn’t completely consistent ? The plant is doing great but I wouldn’t want to harm her in any way. Or if I keep the light on the whole night sometimes. Would that be a problem ? :smile:
@kapouic @oldguy @piper

3 Likes

Thats an interesting question; I know from the past that you can sort of move a crops “day” around the clock if you need to but its nothing I could attempt every day. Unfortunately I have heard too many “wives tales” about light and flowering plants to be really certain of anything…the only thing I do know is if disaster strikes for some reason, its easier and faster to recover if its happening in veg than if they are into heavy bloom…

4 Likes

In veg it s not as much of a problem as in flower
But they still need consistency
You really should pick up up a timer. :wink::v:

6 Likes

Yeah agreed with @oldguy timers are dirt-cheap, you probably spent twice as much on your first month of nutrients…yep, rock-solid consistency seems to be the friend and companion of plants in the process of flowering…

5 Likes

well this - because its the first - is a bit of an improvisation :smiley: I will leave her outside when the temperatures get more friendly in the night :smile: will get that later on (I will definitely do this in the future - already love it :smile:)
thx guys :pray:

4 Likes

Many moons ago oz learned not to bring plants outside and then inside, rinse & repeat

BUGS

Just my 2 cents (1/4 cent after taxes)

6 Likes

@piper is right plants in and out of the house is a big infestation no-no. I don’t even take clone cuttings from an outside plant inside. And a home infestation is way harder to cure than outside…

6 Likes

Ye but I have one plant so there is nothing else to infestate :smile:

4 Likes

Just keep a good eye on them :wink:

4 Likes

Uhm…may I point out that it isn’t the thrips you are stopping, its the eggs they lay, in the lights, floors, walls everywhere and once the eggs are in your grow room, doesn’t matter what you do to the plant, infestation will just keep coming back…so you can do this, keep cleaning a plant till harvest, keep taking in inside and out and after its gone, 2 weeks go by, you get your next beans going and presto! Plants with bugs that never went outside…

2 Likes

:scream: damn that sounds horrible. Really hope that won’t happen.
I ma checking on that plant every few hours actually and giving it a proper examination :joy: so If I’ll see anything it won’t last long :joy:

2 Likes

We had somebody offering sample of a product for just that very same issue… something PPM… I think it was a product to clean and disinfect all clones and things… I will try to find the thread… :nerd_face:
Maybe it could help?

1 Like

Found it! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

What are your night temps… and sorry please don’t give me they are harmed under 54F… shit I am in Canada we have that problem in July here and I have never had a problem…mine are now out for the season and I have a couple 48F nights…lol…it really is a weed and everyone over thinks the growing… I let frost and snow hit mine in the last week… I know that isn’t in veg so thus 50 or even 45F never bother me…

3 Likes

Sorry don’t mean to scare, I just…just didn’t want what happened to me to happen to anyone else. Not one other accident, tragedy or just plain poor decision ruined my crop faster or more effectively than this…thing is, I knew before hand not to do it but got lazy, took clone cuttings from an outside plant and even mixing soilmix outside and then left it overnight before bringing it inside for the grow room…and I tried tactic after tactic and some things failed and others at best got to like 90%, something I had to live with until a whole crop was done (hard b/c was doing continuous harvest model back then), every single item in the grow room was scrubbed with 25% bleach water, the floors, walls, ceiling, frame, lights (lights were bad with eggs for some reason)…it was only then that I started a crop and no longer had to fight the bugs. So not really trying to scare I just know how it is getting going, so many unknowns yet because pot growing is what it is, you are the captain of that particular ship and must make all life and death decisions…

2 Likes

And then there’s this product : Gro-Wash. I think that may help also!

1 Like

I agree with @Ladithief

I live outside of Buffalo, some consider Canada eh

Temps between day & night can be a difference of 40-50 degrees even in the summer ::slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah you are in the Canadian slums in Buffalo…lol…just kidding…and yes exactly my point @piper I go from 45F to 110F in southern Ont…

2 Likes

Lol, thanks for making my day :slight_smile:

I used to work at the Ford plant in Oakville :wink:

1 Like

yeah the shit hole of Toronto… right after Scarborough…lol…

1 Like