Cloning advice please

Hello everyone can someone point me in the right direction to any links for good cloning advice please?

I’d like to know everything about how to produce the best clones, so best nutrients for mothers, best nutrients for the clones, best lighting and other equipment, best conditions like temperatures and humidity and everything in between thanks.

P.S and links to video tutorials would be amazing.

4 Likes

Check out @PreyBird1 threads. He is on process cloning right now woth his wife teaching her. Good luck.

4 Likes

wow! I want to know that too! lol!

Seriously though, don’t put too much thought into it. I’ve always just taken a pair of kitchen scissors, cut off a little branch (at an angle), and stuck it in some wet (neutral) soil. I might cover it with a clear Solo cup or not. And then I leave them on the kitchen counter under a florescent light (it’s a cupboard light) and water them every other week or so until I’m ready to stick it in the dirt for real. Give them half strength nutes from time to time. Leave them alone.

The clone on the left was cut from her mother in July of last year and just sits on my counter top until spring.

They’ll live. It’s weed! Just watch one or two random videos about cutting clones. You don’t need to buy fancy stuff. Don’t make it harder than it has to be. This is a fun hobby.

3 Likes

amen! i cut a piece of aloe vera and start cloning. no diff than any other plant. i was a cloning fool when i figured it out.

3 Likes

I was too dumb to know that what I was doing wasn’t supposed to work. lol.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

3 Likes

I hear that…me I am the how do I say it “anal” type, gotta have the best\latest\newest everything and overthink about everything too lol. I stuck a clipping off a branch wiped some cloning gel on it stuck it in some rock wool with a light on it. A week later it perked up, so I cut the rockwool off and it had zero roots but the damn thing was healthy leaves standing out straight…if I had left it I am sure it would have grown roots and been fine. I didn’t have room for it so I just let it die, but really didn’t do anything special. If you needed to produce a lot of clones quick then you would no doubt need the fancy cloner I bought lol…see what I mean?..anyway…it’s done. Now I can be a cloning fool yee haa lol. @pptrsha1

5 Likes

What’s the cloning machine you bought mate?

1 Like

Turbo clone. 24 spots. Aeroponics…sprays water rather than DWC. And I got the extra Perma Clone inserts for it too…lol see what I mean ! Growers network has them and where I got mine. Top of the page here in the forum.

2 Likes

Thanks mate. Do you know how long the reservoir last?

2 Likes

@Marbsbuds here is my clone thread. Here i show 3x ways of cloning. I am a permacloner and i always have something in my cloner.

2 Likes

Here is my root plug testing thread. @Marbsbuds they both have loads of info for cloning.

1 Like

Thanks mate I’ll check this out ASAP.

Can you tell me how long from seed to mother you can take cuttings from please?

1 Like

47 days on average. You want at least 1 node below the collar and at least 1" stem after the node.

1 Like

Thanks again mate. What’s the node and what’s the collar? :joy:

1 Like

A node is where a branch and leaf come off the side of a stem.
The collar is the green thing holding the plant in the cloner.

2 Likes

I took these cuttings off the hash gods that were a week or two into flower. Several days later now they’re all doing good. I basically did everything that @PreyBird1 explained.

4 Likes

Thanks mate looking good.

1 Like