Excommunicato's Journal

Take a deep breath and relax. Everything looks great, looks like it should. I wouldn’t want to pull those just yet. Not that a calendar is always right, because it isn’t, but I usually wait 9 weeks, and then I check and look for my trichome colors. If my trichomes are ALL white, and perhaps orange as well, I pull them.bsoke people like them all orange, in which case you may need to wait another week or two, some people like them all clear or some clear, which is what I bet you have right now. If I had to place a bet from that photo above, I would guess your crop will be ready on Thursday, if they were all planted at the same time and look the same in progress.

You got this!

7 Likes

Ed Rosenthal always says never harvest any unripe buds. So taking some of the tops and letting the lowers get some light is perfectly fine.

10 Likes

Chop of a limb or two, and put it under 24 hour light,change water everyday or so until you have roots.

You have some root hormones you can dip cuts into before hand. Don’t forget to cut your ends at a 45.

8 Likes

Yeah I agree with @Skinnyhb. Things are looking really good. Harvest a little if it makes you happy but I think your garden it in good shape. Well done!

I have never re-veg’d (on purpose anyway) so I can’t help ya there.

9 Likes

They make a chart called VPD vapor pressure deficit, it is based off temp and humidity, during most of the grow the ideal VPD is around 1.0. You can find these charts all over the grow sites just find one and download it or print it out. VPD is the ability of the plant to transpire in and out of the stomata on the leaves. Just think of it as being able to breathe better.

I put up a post on my grow journal last night, a picture of my fan controller that also calculates VPD.

I have never run a de-humidifier, a humidifier a AC unit or a heater in my tents, but I have a unique situation where I have a heating cooling duct run to a coal room that is pretty small in size, 16’x6’. Tweaking the vent easily keeps things in the green zone. However I do run 6 fans, my girls wave in the breeze 24/7. I think great air movement is far more important that a perfect VPD.

Marty

9 Likes

Some of The little $14 govee #5074 - RH/Temp monitors also now include VPD calcs.

9 Likes

Recommended VPD levels for growing cannabis.
Screenshot 2022-01-11 at 10-17-19 Perfect Grow Room Environment With VPD - VPD Chart

9 Likes

I just picked about 200 1/4” sized buds off mine, but they are only half way or less through flower. I did it based on the master grower @happilyretired recommendation to get bigger terminal buds. Not on partial harvesting. My experience has been that the lower buds are always behind the top buds because they don’t get as much light. I do many times pick a bud and nuke it them smoke it to see where they are at, and because after 2.5 months of looking at them I get antsy lol.

Marty

11 Likes

Best VPD Chart out there…downloadable and completely customizable

https://pulsegrow.com/blogs/learn/vpd

On this specific page scroll down to the big blue box that says “VPD chartmaker and calculator” and click on the I WANT IT button. Enter your name and email and you will receive a FREE customizable chart. It is fully functional and you can save and use it as long as you like. It’s about the nicest one I’ve ever come across ! Also the site is a excellent source of telling you more than you ever want to know about VPD

10 Likes

I practice partial harvesting, on a regular basis :v:t4:

8 Likes

)

7 Likes

I cut off some terminal buds because they were starting to go amber. I’m drying in a box to try to slow everything down. It seems to be going pretty well. No hay smell and the fresh clipped grass smell is starting to fade. I’m day 2 into drying when should I be jarring them up so I don’t dry them too much. After 3 or 4 days of drying in the box I was going to throw them in a paper bag inside the box to rry to sweat them out slowly. I’m just trying to keep everything slow and low until they’re dry. Any suggestions??

@970cannetics @PreyBird1 @sssportsmfg @Dog_Fart1 @Skinnyhb @Slym3r @mrwonderful @TheMadFlascher @htowngrower

9 Likes

Depends on humidity and how dense your buds are. Usually takes about a week. Check them everyday and when they feel right, jar them.
Use a mini hydrometer in your jars too tell you where they are.(takes the guess work out of it) If its over 62%. take them out for a half hour at a time to dry more.
If its too dry, use a humidipack to freshen them up.
Its better to over dry a little and refresh then to under dry and get mold. I would check them at least twice a day.

4 Likes

My suggestions would be try and get the box set up with some string rigged up to where you can hang the buds. Hanging the branches helps the THC stay in the buds rather than the stems. But it sounds like you are just drying bud so throwing them in a box or a paper bag works perfect I try t shake it up every now and again maybe once a day so the buds aren’t sitting on the same side and getting flattened. 60 degrees Fahrenheit and 60 percent humidity is a industry standard for drying. If you can keep the buds in the dark even better. I usually dry 10-14 days before I think about jarring. Sometimes you can get away with 7 days with a faster dry time lower humidity higher temperature. Which takes away from the quality. I agree with chavez over drying before jarring is better than jarring too soon. Adding a humidipack also makes a huge difference to keep them moist once they are jarred. All of this is just what I have learned through experience. Just my two cents for tips and tricks. So far I would say you are on a good track. Just try and wait more 7-10 days before jarring.

Happy Growing!

6 Likes

Almost done drying few more days left in the bag here’s what it looks like. Thoughts? @mrwonderful @Dog_Fart1 @970cannetics @sssportsmfg @PreyBird1 @TheMadFlascher @repins12 @Skinnyhb @nacho151

6 Likes

Looks good from here. That’s one of those Tangible things tho, touch, squeeze, feel, smell, time, take readings of Rh 58-62ish in a sealed bag/jar etc.

6 Likes

They still a little moist still kinds has fresh clipped grass smell. But when I squeeze the bud just a bit the smell come out. I’m thinking I have another 3 days in the bag I put that in a plastic bag to slow it down a bit a ripped a hole in it. I’m still learning though

8 Likes

Really need a Hygrometer, any will do, so you can see the directly adjacent ambient rh. I too get that smell a little right after dried thats chlorophyll breaking down prior to going in something to cure, here is where it really changes and improves.

6 Likes

I have one I’m sorry it’s sitting sound 48% currently.

7 Likes

48% in a sealed bag, and still moist? how long in this bag?
That’s a little too low, but if it still smells like grass, its probably still sweating the inner moisture. Drying and curing as slow as possible is the goal for the best results. (I know its been repeated 1000 times-but worth saying)

6 Likes