Forum Upgrade Problems and Work Around Tips

The site upgrade is still happening and some functions are not working like they did, so I thought I would start this thread to keep issues that are happening in one location, If you post an issue on this thread I will attempt to find a work around for the temporary issue until everything is fully functional. The best work around right now that I have found is using My Post.
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 07-53-43 Show us your bud pics! - Grow from Home _ Pictures - Growers Network Forum
This should pop up and let you see a summary of everything.

6 Likes

If you don’t know if your getting notifications here is a work around, I not sure it will work on a phone or tablet yet.
Go into notification preferences and setup, click on Chat, enable Chat and change desktop chat notification sound to Bell or Ding. You can get to it by clicking on My Post. I have a feeling it might be a few more days before the site is fully functional.

8 Likes

Thanks for making this post @nacho151, thanks for your support. I have notified the developers about the issue of not being able to see your notfications, profile settings from the icon on the top right of the board. I am sure things will be ironed out shortly. Meanwhile lets post problems here. Thanks again.

6 Likes

I was able to reply here so im saying it here. I can’t see my notifications and for the first time since i joined i had to log in. Is something going on?

7 Likes

@flannigan there doing a server swap. Going to be down a couple days

9 Likes

They upgraded the site and logged everyone out during the switch.

9 Likes

Im already having GN withdrawls lol.

11 Likes

I’m sort of liking the upgrade though I’m missing the search function and I can’t see any of the posts I’ve made in the last 9 days.

5 Likes

Click on your name and then click on summary or activity or click on my posts and click on notifications.
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 07-53-43 Show us your bud pics! - Grow from Home _ Pictures - Growers Network Forum

5 Likes

I know were it show the number of what I’m watching it won’t let me click on it. Patience an hopefully it will all be good.

7 Likes

If you are talking about the number with a colored circle next to your avatar click on the My Posts just below the Topics to the left side of your screen, then click on notifications and it will show you what it is and click on it and it will take you to the post.

6 Likes

I have the same notification but it no longer functions. And all the history since 2020 until current is gone as well.

7 Likes

Ok thanks i was wondering @PreyBird1

7 Likes

Thanks @nacho151

7 Likes

I don’t think they’re done doing the changeover yet. I think if we’re just patient things will get back to some sort of normal. I’m having a difficult time doing anything. Got to go a long way around to get to be able to type anything anywhere. so I don’t think they’re finished doing their update yet :+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

Yeah its scheduled as 3 days. That’s the message i saw yesterday from @chrisj

8 Likes

Yip, I am glad I am not personally involved and responsible for this changeover, they never go perfectly due to large amounts of data, and updates/code etc. Lets all light one up for the developers that are working hard on restoring everything to normal. Thanks for your patience, almost there and looking good.

We might also have to get used to some changes as they Discourse boards have been updated to the latest version. But please post any issues you are having so I can follow up and help where I can.

11 Likes

Lol this maintenance is taking forever! Jk folks! :face_with_monocle::rofl::flushed:

9 Likes

Been wondering what’s going on. Went to log on and wouldn’t recognize my password had to create a new one and I can’t open my notifications :v:

7 Likes