Gelato and Skittles in a 4x4 AC Infinity tent

While on the subject of beginner questions… My Dehumidifier is annoyingly in the way and filling up way to quickly. Have to empty the reservoir every day, and once its full (luckily so) it stops working. So my plan is to suspend it in the top of the tent so I can connect the direct drain/tube into a bin (7 gallon) outside of the tent. This way the full reservoir will not stop the dehumidifier from working and I have easy acces to get rid of the water. I have enough space in the top of the tent (4X4) in one of the corners…

Just curious if anybody else has tried this ? Ordered some heavy duty straps to hang it in… Hoping somebody has some experience here :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Might as well give a quick update… Girls are doing well, hoping they swell up … Guess I am just impaticient, still have at least 4 weeks more to go in flower.

9 Likes

I would not hang it from the tent. I’ve heard so many times of people having fans drop on their plants, I can’t imagine what a dehumidifier would do if it dropped!… I would suggest getting or building a stool or a small stand just big enough to hold that up two or 3 feet. Then run a hose out to wherever you’re going to put your waist.

:thinking:… how big is the room Your tent is in?. Can’t you just run the dehumidifier outside the tent and lower the humidity in the entire room? Just a thought…:+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

The room is to big to have the dehumidifier outside and take care of things… I am with you, also feel a bit risky. But once this grow is over (have like 3 weeks to go, maybe slightly more) I will make a harnas for it from seatbelt material… Lets see if I trust that harness or not…

9 Likes

Just took some measurements, and If I build a small table for it the top of the dehumidifier on the table will be as high as the average canopy. So it will be even more in the way of the plants.

Guess I will just have to build the most bullet proof harness for it. But first will finish the grow and have to make some changes to the tent setup anyway. Will see if I feel comfortable or not.

4 Likes

I have a small grow room 8 x 12 so I run a dehumidifier in the whole room. I do not use the tank on the dehumidifier. They come with a hose that hooks to the back and comes out through a hole in their tank and I put that in a 5 gallon bucket. I’ve never got more than half a 5 gallon bucket in a 24 hour period even when drying massive amounts of giant plants in the room. So maybe you should try getting a longer hose and running it out down and out and then up into a 5 gallon bucket. :+1:t3::v:t3::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Well that’s exactly what I am trying to do, but in order to do so I need to elevate the dehumidifier as otherwise the bucket will be above the outlet of the dehumidifier…

Have the hose and bucket/container ready :slight_smile:

As you may have realized I am kind of OCD and just want the thing out of the way… But am just not sure if suspending it is going to be feasible… Time will tell.

4 Likes

Well, be careful. It’s one thing if it falls and breaks a plant that would suck. But if it fell and broke your head that be a whole Nother story. You’ll figure it out. I actually cut out the top of my bucket, so my hose would go over the top. I guess I could’ve just drilled a hole. So I guess my buckets like a 4 gallon. You could also have a drain into a square tote. That would be a lot more volume. That would have a lower top. Nothing says it Hass to drain into a bucket. Can you get a low profile tote that’ll hold a lot of volume.:v:t3:

4 Likes

Sunday update, am at day 40 of flower, almost end of week 6. Think they are getting bigger and bigger, but it remains hard to say when you see them every day…

Accidentally missed a watering this weekend (may have had a glass of Chardonnay too much) and they were hurting the day after. But gave them a bit more water and they were back in business within 60 minutes. I stopped giving them any nutrients at this point, only R/O PH’ed water down to around 6.0 - 6.3.

No yellowing what so ever and the climate is still fully under control…

7 Likes

part 2.0 Let me know what you guys think… Any speculations on potential weight of the harvest ?

7 Likes

Unfortunately discovered some fox tailing on one of the plants, kind of bummed as everything was going so good. I raised the Lights even further to the top of the tent and lowered the intensity. Upped the vent to keep the temp down as much as possible. Don’t know if there is anything other I can do…

Just entering week 8 of flower, very tempted to cut them down.

5 Likes

Can nutrients have anything to do with Fox tailing ? I stopped giving them any like two weeks ago, a bit early but they don’t seem to be missing it.

4 Likes

Foxtailing can come from a few different things. And some plants do have Foxtailing looking buds, so it’s a hard one to answer unless you been watching the day to day. Unfortunately.

4 Likes

Sometimes plants just do it it’s the nature of the beast. I’ve even heard some strain descriptions, stating that Fox tailing is common. Most often times I’ve had it occur, it has been a plant that has been crossed at one point or another with a Kush strain. That’s just a personal observation of mine. I wouldn’t worry about it. I have one Plant now that Fox tailed, and is hard is a rock. If you have a handful of plants and one does it chances are it’s the plant. If they were all doing it or several of them of the same strain, I would say it could be environmental. Either way it’ll still do the trick It doesn’t change the effects. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Its only one of the gelato’s that has it, the other two are fina and the Skittlez also does not seem to have it. That one is the tallest of them all so may have been slightly close to the lamp… Its definetely hard, just has these “tails” growing out the sides :slight_smile: But happy to hear that this maybe more genetics than anything.

4 Likes

It’s not as pretty, but it smokes just as good. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

tried to take some trichome shots today, but its hard to keep that microscope steady to take a decent picture… Need to fabricate a platform to hold it on, so it stays put.

The skittlez looks like she is ready, and the gelato’s are almost there. I am at the end of week 8, so getting close, think next weekend might be harvest time.

Last photo is the skittlez.

7 Likes

And some more shots of the tent, seeing some purple on the leaves and the lower leaves are yellowing…
Like I said earlier they have not been getting any nutrients other than R/O PH’ed water. So they are slowly dying … :slight_smile:
The fox tailing seems to have stopped getting worse I think, but not sure.

8 Likes

Is it just me or do those pics make you super horny :joy:

5 Likes

When I saw these latest images I stood up and saluted my computer. Well played, @franklinfarmer . Well played… :heart:

3 Likes