General hydroponics bio line like to hear your thoughts

So I decide and have already purchased the bio line form General Hydroponics. I did read they are one of the top for coco and hydroponics. Being their organic line is why I choose this one out of their line up of nutrients. I am an organic soil grower that will be switching my peat moss to coco in my soil mix.

So wondering others experiences with these nutrients. Good or bad?

After doing a little more reading and finding out that they have been bought out by Hawthorn gardening co. good thing or not? They now are a subsidiary of Scotts miracle grow. Which in turns Scotts has something to do with Montrose. Ok so do these large company have effect on the new bought company or is it just a finacial move?

5 Likes

@smokin_ernie, GH is a tried and tested, well established cannabis nutrient. Eventhough they have been bought out, I am sure they are not changing the recipes and keeping up the good standards of products. You cant go wrong. Let us know your hands on experience with the nutrients.Have personally not used GH in 10 years.

6 Likes

My two cents, GH has been around for a long time. The R&D dollars spent on bringing quality products to the worldwide market is immense. They got big and went public. That made them a target for a leverage buyout.

All it takes is someone or some group to buy 51% of your stock and you no longer own your company…

It happened to Steve Jobs and Apple computers. Going public is a double edged sword… Dont hate them for being successful. It is just how the corporate world works sometimes.

I started my MJ journey using GH and have grown Top Shelf with their products.

7 Likes

Thanks @chrisj @poseidon some good points for sure. I kind of figured that they would not be changing much seeing they have been around for so long. I thought that it must be a finical move. They got good reviews and I was able to get it off of amazon. They have an organic line. They work with coco. So these pros was what made my choice. I have looked into Blue Planet nutrients as my second choice. I probably try them next unless these blow me away.

3 Likes

Your welcome! Best of luck. I am sure it will work great.

GH Coco Coir nutes. Super Skunk Auto… Not too bad :wink:

7 Likes

That is a beauty! Great looking auto! I am excited to start this new grow. I have seedlings just popping through the soil! About a day or two old.

4 Likes

Thanks :+1:t2: Post pics. I wanna see how the grow goes :v:t2:

3 Likes

I started a grow journal I link it once I figure that out
hahaha

4 Likes

Anyone that would like to follow along.Smokin _ernie Coco coir adventures

Things are just starting off so haven’t missed anything yet. Come join the adventure!!

Peace

3 Likes

Don’t use the organic bio line up with coco or hydro don’t do that…its specific to soil… has squid and seaweed supplements along with some great additives

3 Likes

Ok could you explain or elaborate more. I am not planning on using straight coco. It will be mixed with my amended compost. I keep looking but I haven’t found where on GH website it say not to use with coco or hydro. Have you experience adverse effects?

3 Likes

I would be interested too. From how I took it. It was saying it was good with all mediums :thinking:

3 Likes

Try it in hydro see how it does :+1:… its meant for soil like mediums… did well in promix and fox farm stuff but not in straight coco… its an organic system… most organic nutrients work best in soil dominant media… @Ladithief has a recipe for living soil thats as organic as it gets

3 Likes

I love this guy ur so smart bro glad to hear it I kinda had a sad experience with them today but still know how good there 3 part system is and I love it . I talked to my local hydro store and got the prices a few days ago Kuz the Amazon market changes so the pints are as much as the quarts were on Amazon so I gota start jus riding to the other end of my county to get my stuff at a price , I did apply for Affiliation so all’s I can do is wait and not complain any more and jus hope they want to continue to work with me wich I hope they do I habe no problem being another vendor and making it easier for my county but I know the zoning laws are what matter so who know with the future jus the are an awesome company and I want to keep using them but I don’t have a car atm jus my wife has her car were spe t to much money in the last year but my credit is great my bank account after all the crap I went thru this fall not so great so hopefully things move with them

4 Likes

The guy that was the lead scientist and designer of GH nutes left and created his own line. He’s refined it into new millenium which is an extraordinary nute line.

Can’t go wrong with tried and true GH products tho :+1:

5 Likes

I always think people get confused … they got the organic bio line which is designed for soil type media… then you have the flora series for hydro … great nutrients 100%… I might go back to the bio line up if my yields don’t increase with this humbolt secret

4 Likes

That one guy I jus seen him play for my birthday my wife got me tickets and I am a doors fanatic and have all of doors t-shirts and he walked in looks at me and goes nice shirt not guna lie kinda blushed man he’s a great musician

4 Likes

Thanks well I am not hydro nor am I in straight coco. So I take my chances.

3 Likes

Whats in the compost? @smokin_ernie

2 Likes

I amended it with down to earth there is fish bone meal, blood meal, oyster shell, kelp meal, worm casting I think that is everything I have it written down I have to check but I believe that’s about it. I have been using this for about a year. I used peat moss as one ingredient but that I am changing to coco because one can’t find peat moss around my area and coco is more sustainable and renewable. I haven’t used coco before and have been reading and seems like a fit. I stride to be organic as possible Hanse that is why I choose the bio line.

3 Likes