Getting it together. Rebuilding after a year of learning and mistakes

And I took out the carpets, yuck. Didn’t know how bad they were. Looking into removing all the carpets in this basement.

4 Likes

@Tygrow78 I used H2O2 throughout the systems and over the mylar to kill any bacteria before use. I also used water that has been treated through a softener and ph neutralizer. I also felt like algae was caused by watering too much, but not 100% on that one.

4 Likes

I want your basement. We live in an apartment. A small one.
Our tent takes up one of our 2 rooms. LOL

3 Likes

Algae is almost always too much light on your water. Add some air rocks, that will help get rid of algae, and it will make your roots healthier.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you, I forgot about too much light on your water. Make sure your water is not sitting. Have an air pump and air stone and/or another water pump in the bucket that is always on forcing water up breaking the surface and circulating all the water regularly.

4 Likes

So few updates and a couple of photos. Preface with a short… Ok medium length story.

I got the 12ftx17ft space cleared as you all saw. I’m waiting for stuff to be delivered from online orders for build out materials. Might be a little while before I have everything together for the room. I was also doing some electrical math. With all these new lights I’m going to need more power in that space and there is no outlets in that room. They ran lighting but no outlets, wtf. Anyways. I will need to run at least 2x 20 amp circuits to support it all. I also want to run the electrical before I put up a wall. I’m also torn about putting up a realish wall with sheet rock, but I’m prob too cheap for that lol.

While figuring this stuff out, I get a call from a buddy that wants me to setup a 10ftx10ft tent and have me grow for him. I’m like hell yeah right! He wants his own strains and pheno hunt etc. So I said yeah sure… I started taking measurements of this magical basement and I realized I had more room for just that. Sweetness.

Here’s the before of the space I am putting the 10x10ft tent into.

Cleared out… Shelves removed.

10ftx10ft tent in the middle…

Tent going up…

Almost setup. Missing some trays for the tables. May add a couple more tent fans for air circulation. Waiting for more deliveries. Also disappointed that I could not for 4 tables and easily enter and exit the tent but hey it is what it is.

Being patient with the other room that’s 12ftx17ft. I do have the lumber for false walls though! One thing at a time.

Also got a few updates on the existing plants.
My hybrid is looking great but decided it was an auto flower, noooo…and one of them is male, noooo.

Still gonna try and make something happen. I doubt cloning is gonna be possible though. Oh well. I have a few more seeds of the hybrid.

6 Likes

Wow dude, giving up your man cave for a tent.

2 Likes

There’s another section of the basement I have moved the man cavish part to. But it’s more of an office space. No pictures of that right now since it’s an absolute mess.

2 Likes

I am in the process of purging how many years of kids in the house so we can have a place to do our thing instead of hanging on to theirs. That will give me a 6x6 room.

3 Likes

Your always amazing! Looking envious over here. Lol

3 Likes

More changes had to happen today. Due to my special hybrid deciding they were auto flowers and one is male, I had to make immediate changes.
I pulled my cloner setup from the closet. Setup a simple space for both plants to cross pollinate and get me more seeds so I can save this strain. I pray for a non auto flowering seed in the future. The smoke from this primal mother was absolute :fire:.
Here’s the seed farm closet, lol.

Moved the cloner setup into the main room for now since it’s still in veg mode. Trying to decide on how to deal with layouts so I can go into flowering.

Found a couple of the LED bulbs dead. Not sure what’s up there. Receptacles are working fine with other bulbs. I’ve got replacements on the way.

5 Likes

Apologies for the lack of updates. Lots of changes and new problems to deal with.

Got the tent finally setup.

Did some testing and found the lights I used in the tent are better than the ones I setup in my existing grow room. Multiple phone apps to test lux and umol I found all the lights in my room were only providing a third of the light provides by my tent LEDs. So I ordered lights for the room and have begun the swap.

Beforeish

In progress…

Still in progress.

And after all this work… I had another issue come up and it seems to be affecting plants. It looks like stem rot or root rot… So sad.

So looks like I will be having to make some invasive fixes and possibly starting over. I’m not sure what I did to cause this. Hopefully I figure it out so it doesn’t happen again.

Hoping to keep these safe but I may just take clones and start with fresh sterile environment for the clones.

If you have suggestions as to how this happened or what I can do to avoid it, I’m all ears.

2 Likes

There isn’t very many of us that grow in rockwool. I have never experienced that yet. I would think it would be hard to get root rot in Rockwool. It’s hard to overwater in my experience… so far…:+1:t3:

3 Likes

Yeah I’m not quite sure how I overwatered. I’ve been very careful to not do that. I have a feeling a fungus got into the medium and is eating the roots and thus causing the roots to rot now. I have performed a sterilization of the cloner/seed closet. I’m in the process of taking good clones from the best plants/strains and will start over with the clones.
Really sucks.
But it is what it is. I’m thinking I may have gotten some not-so-sterile rockwool and it brought in the fungus. I have been very careful to not overwater… but I can make mistakes. Now just to clean, fix and move on.

1 Like

Try looking up peroxide washes. I can’t remember the ratio but you can kill algae and mold and search by flushing with water with some hydrogen peroxide in it. I would look it up and do this on all the surviving plants. If any of the water between them commingles then whatever killed that one is in all of them.

3 Likes

Yup, all of them are showing the signs now. Taking clones from what I can and cleaning everything aka starting over. Not a good start to 2021 for me >.<

2 Likes

Still recovering from the “War of the root rot fungus” and “The Great Burn” of the clone survivors. Been retrofitting my main grow room with different lights. The cheap Bulb style system was not providing enough lux light from a short distance. I found some 1500w LED systems that I’ve swapped to. Cleaning, sanitizing and and that fun stuff has been a blast.
Down to only two tables of survivors.

Here’s some shots of the Alpen Gleaux flower survivors

And here’s my genetic cross of Cherry cough and raspberry tea that has been cross with itself. So it’s starting to produce seeds!

Dropped a bunch of new seeds, Alpen Gleaux, Blue Genius, and Naked Lady.
Alpen Gleaux was very germinated

I have decided to stop work on the other sections of the basement until I can dial in this room first. The survivors will be flowered out in the tent then the tent might actually come down and I’ll retrofit that space as a real grow room. In time though. Just don’t have a lot of time or $ to make big moves right now with the outdoor season upon me.

3 Likes

Prepping for outdoor grow. Made 60 fabric pots ready for transplant after the final frost.

Took my first Alpen Gleaux harvest. Never grew autos before like this. Next one will be better for sure now that I know what they need.

My hybrid mom with two of her clones. The hybrid mom main cola is making seeds. The other two plants are T1 strain mommies I’m going to clone from.

So much work to do and so little time!

3 Likes

Your always rocking!

1 Like

Some fun updates.
More work done outside. Vegetable garden has 60sq ft of rows. Tilled and prepped much better this year. Soil originally was just clay so having to do a lot of prep work to make it viable.

Going with Suver Haze for my outdoor strain this year. Here are the mother’s after clone cutting. Tried to be gentle so I could put some into flower and others for repeat mother’s.

Here are the clones. Trying two different mediums for rooting. 45 in rapid rooters and the rest in small rock wool cubes.

Here are our vegetable starts, so many I can’t remember what each is.

I’ll try and update again but it’s busy season right now.

3 Likes