Grow Tent finally Delivered

Continuing the discussion from Becoming a grower:

After getting scammed by canvasn i ordered a 5x5 grow tent kit on ebay and it finally arrived !!! Excited AF going to grab fox farm soil Nutrients & a few 5 gal smart pots. I ordered seeds from cannapot but my confidence level on wether they are going to arrive is low. I am networking locally to find need a legit seed source with quick delivery.

I am looking for as much advice as possible in terms of lighting and watering schedule and any advice on growing in basements keeping basement bugs out of the grow best way to use 1000w hd light and any watering feeding cycle information from seed to veg to flower hell if there is a class i can do let me know willing to learn as much as possible

5 Likes

Too bad you’re in the States… I would send you some seeds… but it’s 4 weeks lately for me to ship into your area…

1 Like

How were you scammed… and if grew more seriously indoor I would help but there are many on here that do and can… I am a living soil and organic tea outside grower…

1 Like

To my ignorance i thought i was purchasing a 4x4 grow tent kit to receive 3 mask From

china 3 weeks later. Lessons learned omg. That was my fault I should have known the price was too good to be true. LOL

Shady sites girl… Amazon or growershouse for grow equipment are great reliable sources… If something seems to good to be true it usually is a scam … live and learn

4 Likes

What’s the tent look like?

As far as bugs go, think of your tent as a controlled environment and keep it that way. Strip down prior to going in there; you’d be surprised what lands on your clothes throughout the day. LED lighting is high start up costs, at least they used to be. I would go with T5 technology/HPS for flowering. Watering schedule will depend on soil type and porosity etc.

1 Like

its a 5x5 holds 6-9 plants

6 Likes

LEDs are the way to go so cheap on the electric bill and really not a high start up my build would cost about 1200 from the company I built mine and I got some of my stuff for free from the owner of HLG but even if I didnt my build would cost about 700 or so and its probably a 1500 if not 2000 watt equivalent and only costs me about 50 a month if that so the pay back is quick compared to hps or other systems and I have 8 boards which would be for an 8x4 or 10x4 but I have them built it small to use in my 4x4 so I can run the leds at a lower wattage

1 Like

Looks great!

1 Like

Story part 1of2 So gang I ended up Getting 2 Sherbert canabis strain seeds. I started germinating @1am saturday slow progress in my opinion but hell I am a newbie what do I know lol. Looking for advice can I put in soil now and if not how can I speed up the germinating process its day 4 today.

Story 2of2: I also was donated canabis plants. I do not know strain or if they are Indica vs Sativa another challenge I am faced with there are 8 plants in one small pot. Without damaging roots how can I safley transplant each plant into their own pot? Also is there a way to confirm type of plant your growing and strain? So so new to this any advice would be appreciated

1 Like

Thank you Iam definitely an motivated amateur lol

Those seedlings are extremely wet.

I would just dump the entire pot out and carefully weed through each seedling with taproot. They grow fast and could already be entwined, just don’t break the taproot, the side roots will recover. Roots are tougher than people think, imo. I had one have root rot in hydro, I just cut the roots off and the plant barely reacted. She recovered nicely and the root rot, gone! Lol

I don’t recommend anyone cut roots off, just sayin’.

3 Likes

Thank you very good advice will do as recommended

1 Like

Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

So I finally received my Feminized seeds: white runtz, auto gelato, cookies, and chem dog. I started germinating on the 8th and root sprouted on the 10th and on the 11th sowed my seeds into peet pellets first leaves popped through medium for all seeds around the 13th. On the 19th my seedlings will be a week. Here are some pics. The seedlings look a bit stretchy but i am no expert this is my first grow. Also Iam thinking of putting diatomaceous earth on my medium to prevent mites bugs etc Are there any ways to prevent mold and mildew before it can even happen i am told Chemdawg is a hard strain to grow for the inexperienced. Any Advice insights is always welcome much appreciated.
~X

Welcome to fam @420_x8le some of the people on here do know a thing or 2 and it’s kinda cool to see what we all build and accomplish @Ladithief @scotty17 seem to know a thing or 2 from watching and talking over the last few weeks so ur in good hands

2 Likes

Are your white runtz staying indoors???..every one myself and 2 friends put out burned to fuck in the sun… yes I know how to harden a plant… these seem to have to be about 12" tall before hardening outdoors… just a warning…

Sorry just seen your from Connecticut… getting late for going outdoors so I will assume indoor… @Packee and @PreyBird1 grow white runtz indoors…