Hello now everybody! @tateanddestroy here

Wanted to start a lil grow journal. Love the idea and the fact it will help me grow personally as well. Thanks moderators and creators for this platform! Anyway, my name is Christian and I’m from Baltimore. Still in the DC/Bmorecareful area and love it…grew up skateboarding the capital marble and granite obstacles(26yrs! On the board) and Also Baltimore’s streets which led me to Cannabis. It’s been such a big part of my life at times…moderation and timing is key! It’s also helped me step away from the darker sides of street life as well…I.E. heroin addiction & selling hard drugs. This plant will expose truths to you! Will you listen??? Lol enjoy and spread some love today! Let someone know you love em today!

Cultivars are both expressions of grapefruit from fast buds! Really does taste and smell of sugared red grapefruit grandma was eating this morning lol! 5gal pot with Coco and growdots…ph20 to 6.3 6.4 for that pot only as my second pot (7gal “living soil”) does not need it the same ways of course. I make all my own inputs for the most part using KNF and JADAM techniques. Works better than anything I’ve ever bought!! Lol lil Coco pot was over watered and is a couple days behind in that regard. But she’s on day 22 as of 4/21 and the LS 7gal is on day 29 as of 4/21.

Definitely need some help on the synthetic side as I’ve always been in living soil blends. Have a great day growmies!

Tate

16 Likes

Heya @tateanddestroy , welcome to GN and a grand introduction. Nice setup and looks like you do some interesting things with your plants. Welcome again.

9 Likes

Yeah it’s so tiny and old and demands lots of training. Can’t wait to have a lot more space lol i…e at least a 4*2 lol! Enjoy all plants. obviously have more house plants than cannabis. And Natural Farming nuts on here???

8 Likes

Great, yeah loads of natural nuts on here, you talking about permaculture etc?

10 Likes

My man! Yup exactly! This stuff has been life changing for me. Can’t say it enough! Thanks buddy!!! Yo have a good day and be safe out there!

Tate

10 Likes

Yip, @Slym3r got me on to this and I am hoping its going to change my yellow fingers into green fingers some day soon. Have a good one to.

10 Likes

Grapefruit 2.0 as I’m calling her is great. Other than having to use my old veg light it’s not lacking anywhere. She is responding to the FFJ LABS JMS soak…all inputs super good! The crimson clover really fixed nitrogen super well and I love how beds look after this long. It’s about 3 years old having been repoted recently as the old one fell apart kinda. Not ideal but went well. Ummm…what else… nematodes added about 2 months ago…and I just collected some trichoderma and some IMO homies not long ago. I’m adding microorganisms every water and spraying 2 times a week.

Tate

7 Likes

And here is my girl Grape Dot. Grapefruit from fast buds that I stunted bad lol as I didn’t let the Coco dry enough after activating. First time in Coco and using synthetic nutrients. Please any help or criticism is greatly appreciated as always. Yeah the living soil organic feed the soil way I get but I just am new to synthetic. Thanks

Tate

8 Likes

Looking very good.
Hope to see it finish strong for you.
Good luck with your grows .

8 Likes

April 25 5am or so. She growing real nice!

Have a great day ladies and gents!

Tate

Oops …forgot to mention! Cut two solar panels off as they were forced to touch the ground. Don’t want that! Also hoping to reamend with Kiss organics nute pack or if it don’t show up dte nutes per usual.

8 Likes

April 26th day 33. Grapefruit Fastbuds. Smelling more and more daily! And I can hear her growing!
Micros everywater…foliars twice a week. Good clean water. 2 or 3 year old soil. Jadam and Natural Farming.

Tate

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum.
I see you rolling your leaves and wrapping Velcro around. You should take one of your plants and removing the leaves that are Velcro on one side and then leave the ones on the other and continue on. I I think you will be surprised at the outcome.

I like what you’re doing with the living soil. Very cool. Not really something I feel like messing with though. As far as using salt nutrients, my suggestion would be starting at half to three-quarter strength. The plants will tell you fairly quickly if they want more. If you start off too hot and they burn it takes a long time to recover. baby steps is a much better way to approach it. :v:t3::+1:t3:

11 Likes

So I used growdots and they claim water only…she’s about to hit bloom soon and I have some fox farm bloom nutes…I think it could handle more but what do you think and how would you begin to apply??? I was thinking even a super diluted foliar application first to see what she thinks and to start slow as well???

Thanks so much!!

9 Likes

…also could you explain the leaf removal Velcro thing a lil more lol???

9 Likes

Well, I’ve never tried Velcro, nor have I seen anybody ever do it before. Could you explain that?
You have them big old solar panels rolled up, so they can’t absorb any light. But they’re still consuming energy from the plant. So if you remove them, not only do the branches and leaves below them get more light which turns to more energy. Your plant is no longer feeding Those big leaves that are blocking light from the lower part of your plant. Also if you’re going to flip to flower you might want to lollipop them. I will tag you over to my journal you can go back a couple of weeks and see what I have done recently. You will get the idea. :+1:t3:

When in veg, as the top leaves, get big, I remove them to give light to the lower branches. But the large leaves at the bottom of the plant that are not blocking them I leave there during veg. this does two things for me. It leaves them big leaves, creating energy for the plant with light that would be wasted if they weren’t there, and they keep the light from hitting the soil in the pots which prevents algae from growing, which prevents fungus gnats from hanging around. You probably don’t have any problem with those because you have a cover crop. So the surface of your pot is never wet enough for long enough for the problem to begin….:thinking:… something to think about maybe…:+1:t3:

8 Likes

Yeah I trim on a schedule is all but thanks for all the solid info.

9 Likes

…my bad the Velcro is actually Gardner’s tape I believe it’s called and it’s a milder softer version … definitely not Velcro. And I believe the method is just called a ponytail and it’s for before you trim …I was gonna trim in two days but you made me wanna do it now because you are right they could use it down there today. Thanks homie! @happilyretired

Forgot to mention I only do it a couple hours a day and it’s gotta come off at night 100%

10 Likes

Comes in a big roll
@happilyretired

7 Likes

I’ve use it for training, tiedown branches with it. Have been for years. And it is Velcro. It’s a hook and loop so that’s pretty much Velcro.

7 Likes

That’s great glad we know what Velcro is now @happilyretired anything else???

6 Likes