Help with lighting

i would do something like this to cover a 2ft x 2ft veg/flower room, migro setup ok but you need more light, this would be a great setup

5 Likes

what are you growing?
say your a week in flower, we could do a side my side, my super cheap setup vs any setup, grow light you have, growing massive healthy plants is down to the skill set of the grower not the setup or light, I want everyone to grow high quality bud at the lowest cost, I have been working on this for over 20 years.

6 Likes

your welcome JJ520, its all about cutting down the cost of growing high quality bud.

6 Likes

Week 1 in veg LA kush cake, left untopped, right topped. Just an update

7 Likes

Looking good :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you, just got surprised with some lotus nutrients so I’m excited to see how this starter pack works out I’ll keep ya updated

6 Likes

Weekly update week 2 veg, LA kush cake, left topped, right LST, lotus nutrients

5 Likes

This is a great thread. I started off using CFL lights. Which ended up costing me more than a good light. But I could get them a couple at a time. I finally broke down and got a vipar spectra 450. Mainly because it covered a bigger area with one light. CFl’s have to be a few inches away from the plant to do much good. I was using 42w ones.
I will offer some thing to consider for using your light. And that would be doing a few in solo cups. Nursery bags would be better. But you can get an oz per plant pretty easy and take up very little room. Another could be to keep the light close to the plants to reduce the stretch. And get to about 5 or 6 nodes and do a mainline. With that. You could get more bud sites and still keep the plat in a small area.
This little guy was an oz dry.

8 Likes

Good lookin plant

6 Likes

my 2 plants 19 days in flower, grown under led bulbs

Basic dry food from my local garden centre and I reused the soil, could be the 3 or 4 crop, same as light bulbs and I have taken cutting of cuttings, so this crop has cost me about £200 in electric, water and a few hours a week to keep things running.

6 Likes

@ArtVandalay check this thread maybe helpfull on affordable lighting

8 Likes

Looks great so far. U r doing a fantastic job @gavin

6 Likes

That’s a big bitch

4 Likes

I didn’t realize @neofirebird was using viparspectras. They are super affordable. And he grows some nice monsters with them :grin: They would pay for them selves fast too since CFLS use a lot of juice for as many as you need. Those are looking great there :+1:

3 Likes

I’ll look into that down the road, if I don’t find a job I’m not paying rent so no grow might be in my near future u fortunately

3 Likes

3 week of veg

4 Likes

Hey guys, anyone gimme a good light timer switch I can pick up off amazon or hardware store they can recommended

2 Likes

@phx86d I use these here. Different brand. But the same thing. Mine is out of stock. these are super easy to set. And good for 10 pre sets. If the power goes out. These go on as if it never went out :grin: I think I have abut 8 or 10 of them

https://www.amazon.com/TOPINCN-Digital-Programmable-Operation-Accessory/dp/B08L638MNV/ref=sr_1_105?crid=3B3KFQSBWGZH8&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.-gNkEYE5nPlYEE5Jqjga02d8Gd4ddMdk659KfjNyO7kq7Yr59RGu1GyHG7ubYeth17OcQtGrGdaL8KJMClVcxvDz6w5ZH51M4LDabCm-9lR4jPEtuJwBUcNsrec0GI495VmTYUToK8uwA6YoBe3rZNK77BijRKjCcV2YKL6I7wG2i2ImAblWa1xmyNXxXdgk9zVTefvfjAKFSz4Th3bkZspEubRj09BymEXJit3kwZPdzjy8Pv7PGzqwgG0YUZZYz_yzwJakrs4-yoWgSMOpIXq0PPyvH-ef72lKL0lgJvA.cvKv2V8pBZzGlp6qiFFnElWrJ1I3Trv0T5f6e9hUT4Q&dib_tag=se&keywords=Digital+Light+Timer+10+day&qid=1717957835&sprefix=digital+light+timer+10+day%2Caps%2C265&sr=8-105

3 Likes

Much appreciated my man

4 Likes

See i like the manual click style over the digital.ones. i have 3 or 4 digital.and ònky use the manual style here. I did the digital.once on the clo er and found it a pain in the ass to have to click and set so many dofferent setti g for the stuff to go the way u want it to. I mean they go down to the second on the digitals i have a d it was too much for me. Like 30 to 45 .ins to go thru the whole setting for the days time. 3 mins at most with the manual style.
Like this is mine
BN-LINK Heavy Duty Mechanical 24 Hour Timer Dual Outlet 3-Prong Accurate Indoor for Lamps Fans Christmas Lights White AC 1875W 1/2 HP, UL Listed

https://a.co/d/1vNMIgZ

2 Likes