Here I grow again

I wouldn’t even try to work on a Benz or a Beemer for that matter. I’ll tell ya the brakes on my wife’s Nissan were about the easiest brake job I ever done. I’m gonna do red calipers and rotors when I do the Jeep brakes here shortly. Ooh man good question - Prey what do you use rockauto for most of your parts? I was rather happy how easy my passenger side mirror was to change. Even with it’s lane departure, built in blinker and heater. I got it on Rock for like $180 with glass and harnesses. I was pretty stoked with that. I’m probably gonna have to do it a couple…ore times too. I have a habit of just barley skimming by assholes when they come into my lane to scare them, I get a little too close sometimes… lol

6 Likes

Rock auto lol no. I always upgrade my stuff. On my older beaters yes rock auto. But since im in the industry i get parts at cost. And wheels and tire.

4 Likes

Try brakeperformance.com and get some crossdrilled and slotted. Thats all i run.

4 Likes

I like Rock man… also parts geek is were I got my side view mirror and window rain guards. Can’t beat the price and it was oem too. But yes the slotted ones look very cool. I’ve been looking for tires and the 20’s ain’t cheap. What do you got against tirerack? LoL there’s a bad ass set of Falken I might go with but but I have to read some more reviews and a Lil more research before I drop a G on tires. Makes sense to do the brakes at the same time and my buddy has a bad ass shop/barn w a lift. He works on buggy’s, mudders and airboats for a living. I’ll have to throw up some of his work man. It’s a blast going mudding with him man, he’s pretty well known in the community. He’s actually my son’s godfather, very cool dude.

7 Likes

Tire rack is ok. But you have to pay to have your tires rotated and balanced. Because they have no service stations and sumitomo owns falken tires. And they also own big o tires corporate. And they make there tires also.

6 Likes

OK got them cleaned up mostly. Going to bring the lights down the rest of the way to 12/12 this coming week
I turn the lights up to 60%.

17 Likes

A very much needed view of our beautiful rock we call earth! It’s a sunny day about 70° … Make the day count.

11 Likes

Great advice!

10 Likes

the garage that did my brake job told me to order my calipers from rock auto because it was cheaper then what he gets them for. it was 190 for calipers and pads. then he told me he didnt want to do it because my frame is almost rusted thru. he did it charged me 50 bux for labor then said be so careful and when the frame breaks call and he will buy my car from me. i dont want a new car. i want my car.

5 Likes

@sssportsmfg
The above plants are using Ventana

4 Likes

How about a little update. I’v been creeping my lights down slowly. Right now I’m at 13 on 11 off. Plants are starting full on stretch. Pistols popping everywhere. There now on the transition nutrients half grow an half bloom etc. I thought I would put the second layer to my scrog on for kicks and giggles. When the plants hits two weeks thereabouts in flower I will lower my screen if necessary. I have been using BBP (bud buster pro) At a ratio of 2.5 mL to 8 ounces of water once a week. Next two treatments will be 3 mL per 8 ounces.

Here’s where it is all at this morning

12 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on here growers Netwerk but these pictures do not look like this before I download. Kind of hard to fix them when they’re right when you download and they are wrong after you download :thinking: :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

7 Likes

So I’m gonna try downloading them again one at a time right here.

All I can say is this is dumb. I just gave a real similar post over on the conclave and had no problem. The first time I download these photos was in two separate groups and this last time I downloaded each photo individually they are correct in my photos so what am I supposed to do turn them upside down and re-post so they come up right.

… I think not…

8 Likes

:woozy_face: :sob: That’s got to be frustrating!!

Plants are looking stellar !! Hap thought I might ask because others may want to know…what’s your source for the fiberglass rods ?

I’m still so impressed with that modular set up ! Looks like a superb way to support your growth and at harvest just pull your rods and your plants are fully accessable…whole and undamaged!

Plus it’s easily storable and reusable for just about ever more!!

6 Likes

@TheMadFlascher
Yes it’s very storable.

I buy them at Harbor freight. I think it’s like 11 bucks or something like that for 33 feet and 3 foot lengths. You can take a small torch or a lighter if need be and heat up the ends and pull them off. You can also put them back on if you need to for one reason or another on shorter lengths. So there’s virtually no waist unless you don’t want the screw together fittings everywhere. Besides the short pieces make great plant steaks for small plants in small pots. You would have a hard time breaking one and they’re fiberglass so they won’t carry any disease from one pot to another. You can wash them off with a little bit of soapy water or alcohol or whatever and they are sterile whereas if you’re using bamboo or would your transferring whatever’s in one pot to the next. :wink::+1:t3:😶‍🌫

Also when they are used at full length as a plant steak they move with the breeze quite nicely while holding up your cola’s. :+1:t3:

10 Likes

Thanks for the info Hap !
Obviously you have a fan in me…it just seems so much less hassle than dealing with typical SCROG netting and the a permanent nature of the beast would certainly lead to cost savings over the long haul!!

7 Likes

Not that I want crappy things to happen to other people, bvut I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one that has picture upload issues from time to time.

And dammit, hap! I’m envious of the efficiency, simplicity, and the attention to detail in your pics.

What’s the story of the little wallflower all by herself?

8 Likes

@OlyBoy
My favorite strain for the last year has been M&Ms. I’ve been cloning it and keeping it going for a year now thereabouts and I decided after this summer grow that I would let it go because I got some new good ones. When I got done harvesting this summer I had a little branch sticking off the M&M’s plant with a flower on it so I said screw it and I dipped it in some cloning gel and threw it in a piece of rock wool.It took root in revenged so I stuck it in a 6 inch cube. It’s been there ever cents in that tray. It gets a little bit of nutrient solution a couple of times a week. I just don’t have the heart to chuck it :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

yea my outdoors i go by how many 22 rifle lenght the plants or i grow guerilla style i always carry a gun with me.never know when i will run into a snake especially the snakes that rattle they get dead quick no second chances

7 Likes

Well a quick update. Everything is progressing well. Seven days after flip I think three of the four are starting to poke through the screen.

15 Likes