Here I grow again

Do you have a thread detailing the build, and how “non permanent” is the mod? I have a 20ton out in my shop, that gets used a few times a year for some 4 speed mains or axle bearings.

5 Likes

That’s the empty shell that popped off of that plant.

4 Likes

That one is an empty shell of what it use to be. :astonished:
The operation is looking stellar btw old happy man. Very very stellar. And what a ratio of hatchlings too, incredible stuff :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks good. Glad to see you’re out and about chatting it up today.:+1:t3:

6 Likes

Got dirt …

No…

Edit
Well that’s a new one a download of them wanted to time the first two came out sideways and the last one came out upside down…. Whatever. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I have never seen this stuff. What’s in it?

8 Likes

That is a 6 inch rock wool cube on top of a small slab of rock wool. This is the first time I’ve used a slab and I really really like it so far

5 Likes

Looks like your plant likes it also! Lol!

5 Likes

I’m slowly coming around… thanks. I actually put a little effort into the room today. Took down my single board that Ive been limping along with and turned on the real light. I’m hoping w the driver outside it will bring the temp down. I’ve been hovering around 85 - 78 in there. We’re getting a cold front Tuesday supposed to only be high of 70 for the rest of the week… LoL

7 Likes

Thank goodness! Otherwise the giant iguanas fall out of the trees!

8 Likes

Plants are looking great my friend

4 Likes

Good morning @happilyretired I hope your feeling better today! I was just wondering if, when growing in the slab, if you just keep the slab like your picture all the way to harvest without potting it?

4 Likes

The Rockwool is your pot. They will finish just the way they are. The space for the roots is equal or larger then a 5 gallon pot. No pot, no dirt.

5 Likes

Those look nice and green, but I would of rocked it a bit longer in veg before I flipped into flower. I usualy have my plants around 8”-1’ tall at least when I flip flower. If I flip little babbies that are about 3” tall my plants will still be 3’-4’ tall soldiers at harvest easy. The slabs can cause this too with the roots hitting the bottom then shooting left or right and being able to run. I use 3-5 gal containers or with rockwool I use 4” blocks on top of 6” blocks. The reason is that I want the roots to hit the edge and have to turn. When roots are let to keep going down or to run long, the top will keep growing straight up and tall. If the roots hit the edge and turn and wrap is when the plant stops going tall and starts to fill out wide. I understand this is just my methods and beliefs, i was just trying to share my thoughts with you. Lol

6 Likes

Well thank you for sharing. I veged these plants between eight and 10 weeks. Before I put them in the scrog they were over 2 feet tall in the 6 inch blocks they were only on the slabs for two weeks before getting switched to flower. I attribute all of my problems with a low stretch to my lighting being too intense. Also from the top of my 6 inch cube to the bottom of the slab is equal or taller than a 5 gallon pot.

5 Likes

Well dam man, hahahaha thats plenty of size,Those pics make it seem super short hahaha well bad ass…and I do know well how the intense light and keeping plants short. I had a low ceiling grow that I would have to throw 2-1000w hps lights over a 4’x4’ area before on purpose to keep my sog soldiers short and stocky. Thats when I loveed ebb n flow too. I would stuff 25-50 4” blocks on a 4’x4’ botanicare grow tray. Not slabs, juat the dm10 4” grodan blocks.My rez would have 2 pumps, 1 for circukating wich ran 24/7, the other for feeding that was set at 4 min feed time, twice a night. Feed pump filled the tray, timer kicked off and the water self drained back down the the pump again to fill rez back up. I would get between 2-2 1/4 lbs per light. I did still top feed fresh water 1 time each week, and I ran about a 2 week plus flush cycle before harvesting. Dam, its been years since ive ran an ebb n flow. I used to have to too or change my rez out every 3 days. I was very nutrient wastefull back then too, but my first indoor grow experience was back in July 1997. Hahahahaha dam it im getting old. Wow it just flew by.

9 Likes

Love that stalk branching structure. Dam, That looks bad ass bro. Hahaha

5 Likes

These plants were started around post 2200. If you look back a little ways you can see the progression. This has been a really nice grow probably the healthiest plants I’ve ever done indoor.

8 Likes

That’s @happilyretired plant. I just flipped the pictures for him, so I could get a good look at them!

5 Likes

Hahahaha I hit the reply to the wrong person. Hahaha sorry, I didnt even notice….I satnd by my statement tho hahaha love those stalks!!! Hahahaha @happilyretired

4 Likes