Here I grow again

You know how it goes man. Upward and onward. I think he’s probably still doing his thing he just got bent over the whole Blue crew thing. So he moved on with them guys to greener pastures somewhere else. Someone told me that they started their own little Group somewhere.
If you want his number let me know and I will give it to you. I called him a few times and talk to him after they all took off. But he always seem too busy to talk and never called me back so there you have it.

10 Likes

Well this morning I went out and took a close look at the plants and one of my auto flowers decided to do this…

So then I cut off a small bud to look at under the scope. The bud was a little bit bigger than my thumb nail. I put it in the scope and zoomed in and found this.

With all this going on I took a closer look. And I decided I’m going to take down all but one auto on Saturday.
This will give me a week to dry it out real quick before I leave. I’ll just throw the plants and 15 gallon barrels and throw the lid on when I leave and trim them up when I get back. I’m going to have to hand trim these auto flowers because if I put these in my trimmer I would wind up with nothing except trim and stems. Anyways forward we go.

17 Likes

Ahhh he’s a cute lil pillar. Sure hope you didn’t hurt him! LoL
I like to eat them sometimes… payback is a bitxh!

11 Likes

Oh my, that is gorgeous!! I’m gonna have to look up Hoyas. Beautiful!

8 Likes

Same!!! I have several pair of different colors. Since I started buying the EVA waterproof ones, I’m in love with those! I can garden in them and then just step into the shower with them and wash and dry them along with myself. Have you tried the ‘rubber’ birks? They also more affordable them the normal birks.

8 Likes

Uncovered the outside. I will recover it again in about four or five weeks to try to induce a little bit of early flowers. Here’s what I got going on.

My white widow crosses have been chopped down and are in drying. The next two pictures are my bubblegum notoflowers flowers. I cut about 30% of these plants away a few days ago. They’re just getting way too big. I think they’re gonna wind up being photos. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

NO! i didnt even know they had rubber ones. i have to go look those up now :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes

EVA birks … love them!

8 Likes

Time to do a little pruning. My white Runtz white caviar started to stretch and started to flower when I put it in the high tunnel. It’s probably been three weeks or something. Anyway I pulled the top over the High tunnel to expose to full Sun. This plant was very dense inside and would be very difficult to even see the center of it to clean it out so I decided to prune off the stretchy flowery crap so I could get in and clean out the inside. So I broke out the old pruning shears that were my dad‘s favorite and are now mine and gave it a good shape and then went inside and cleaned it up. Hopefully if the plan comes together in about five weeks this is gonna be a big old bush covered with tops ready to flower. :neutral_face: :face_with_peeking_eye:

15 Likes

Damn … Carry the 9, bring over the 1, add a generation… Those must be like 100 yr old shears Hap… lol

11 Likes

I’m certain they’re 70 if they’re a day. :+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

I’m wondering if the bumper has petrified !

Is that an old Corona???

10 Likes

Good eyes there Robert!

11 Likes

They don’t get left outside and haven’t got left outside all these years. The rubber is still good believe it or not. Handles are still strong and flexible although weather looking. :+1:t3:

12 Likes

They are a very well made piece of equipment!
I bought a lot of Corona loppers over the years for our pruning crews use on shaping young almonds…
Every part on them can be purchased seperately for repairs !

11 Likes

I love this, you have to cherish old equipment like that! It carries so much history. I have an old hammer hanging up here in the house, it was my grandfathers, my father passed it on to me, but I’m not using it anymore.

Grandfather passed away in '97.

17 Likes

We all joke all the time about having grand dad’s tools. LoL it’s true man. Don’t make them like they used too.

13 Likes

hell yeah it will. squirt is looking amazing!

dude… that is so awesome how you have it displayed like that on the exposed beam.

Your outside is always amazing.

it sucks about the caterpillars. I have to spray my buds with lost coast tonight…

10 Likes

Dang Hap, this plant is so cool!!!

Love it!

I haven’t seen any caterpillars this spring/summer at all! Idk why, I don’t understand how ipm works, I just do it! I stand by my theory that ( outside) growers can’t get rid of bugs. U can just keep the numbers down.
That weird black beetle, with the belt, came back. But only a couple. They fly away before u can squish them, but I invented a new technique. It’s a lil gruesome, but I go after them with scissors now! One snap, before they take flight! Buh bye bug!!

17 Likes

Yeooch!

I believe they call that the Loretta Bobbit approach!!

10 Likes