Here I grow again

I just came back in from doing my Saturday morning ritual in the garden. I looked up at the top of the high tunnel and there’s probably 40 or 50 lace wings on the ceiling. Ah naturale pest control. If there’s this many adults I hate to think how many little bitty assassins are crawling around here that aren’t big enough to see yet.:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:

14 Likes

Excellent!

IMHO lacewings are vastly underrated…and much better mite predators than ladybugs will ever be!

Seems lady bugs will do a pretty good job on aphid, however thrip/mites seem to be lacewings forte.
When you have a bunch of larva working you can see them with their victim’s bodies all over their backs! Pretty cool, and I’m sure those adults will breed pretty quick inside your tunnel!

14 Likes

I don’t want nothing breeding in my tunnel… yikes!
This just reminded me of something… Who the heck was it?? Use to be a cat on another site who was big time into worm castings and bone char. He was big time organic but his other thing was … And this is my :question: I can’t remember. Something maybe to do with black flys, I don’t think it was lacewings but maybe it was molting or they produced a substance?? What am I thinking of Doc Flash?

12 Likes

LoCo, wish I could help…only thing that comes to mind is he may have been talking about insect frass.

10 Likes

It was black soldier fly… Frass sounds familiar… Hmmmm. Think your onto something…frass …frass. hmm … Sassafras!!!

13 Likes

LOL, I always found it interesting that worm ‘castings’ and insect ‘frass’ are both talking about crap,
but sound so acceptable at the dinner table !

13 Likes

Coors and Bud…:wink::+1:t3::v:t3:

18 Likes

The next one is squirt I have high hopes for this one. :+1:t3:

Lemonberry RBX

:v:t3::speedboat::speedboat:

19 Likes

I have a few squirt seeds laying around. Thats the one in the solo cup correct?

11 Likes

Correct it’s the one that was in the solo cup. Not the exact same one but another one. I honestly can’t remember if this is a clone or a different seed. :man_shrugging::v:t3:

11 Likes

Holy smokes hap man

10 Likes

Sup CW…:v:t3::+1:t3:

9 Likes

Enjoying the veiw.

9 Likes

Nice. Give me a shout if you want. I got about 20 minutes available

11 Likes

Oh mama. Too many pics of ur u-know-what. How am I supposed to sleep now?!
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t3:

10 Likes

:man_shrugging:

19 Likes

Looking frosty

11 Likes

Warm down there Hap!?

113 up here right now…I’m pissed…it was supposed to be 111 !!!

12 Likes

Way better than 666 and needing a ride on the river styx…thank god (pun intended) he still takes nickles.

10 Likes

:speedboat::speedboat::speedboat:
Deconstruction almost complete. Won’t be long now and reconstruction will begin. Getting all my ducks in a row so when I get back with the hull I can start doing brackets and mounting hardware, dash, steering, floor supports etc. etc. :+1:t3::v:t3:

13 Likes