Home grow using 2 $30 grow lights

I watch YouTube video but people say different thing about the same topic and it’s hard to know who is right so I put down what I hear and then usually aomebpdy smart tells me how it works :slight_smile:

My day 2 of flower

2 Likes

Hey how high are the lights above the plants? Can you get closer without burning them? If so do it. with what you have the closer you can get the better! But looking :+1:. And a strange question for you. Why are you flowering so soon? I cant tell but how small is the tent? Plants generally have a stretch when they flower/Bud and thats 40% - 60% size increase but i see your doing some LST thats why i ask because you could veg a little more? They look good in veg. Now will be the test of the lights.

What band lights u use g

Hlg.com or budget led. I build my own lights. I use quantum boards.
Full spectrum quantum board 680 watts
Here is my build.
Quantum Board discussion
This is an interesting thread about led lighting.

3 Likes

worth a try! And may well turn out effective? Keeping it simple often works best :slight_smile:

The lights now are about 18 inches from the plants. I decided to flower, because I want to try going 60 days veg and seeing what results I can get. And just adjust when I start my next grow.

1 Like

Day 7 of flower

4 Likes

Day 10 is far more exciting!

1 Like

Day 13 of flower

4 Likes

Day 18 of flower still going pretty good with my lights

4 Likes

Looking great for low cost lights

2 Likes

I’m not surprised I started out with 2 75 watt led lights it worked out well in veg but very small yield between two plants I got about 10 grams so don’t be discouraged if the same happens just have to step up the lights for flowering great job keep at it

2 Likes

Day 36 of flower

4 Likes

Try the HGL 100. It’s a small thin full spectrum LED and costs about $140. I think this is bare minimum you’ll need. I use them for cloning/veg.
I really don’t think you’re going to get good results in flower without considerably more light. A small clip on fan will save you floor space/$$, freeing it up for another small plant or a few clones in cups. If you get the right angle you don’t need oscillation, just turn the pots every couple of days.
Good luck.