Homemade clone machine

So I built this clone machine. I’m gonna paint it right after I post this. Just wondering what a good water/nutrient solution would be to run in this puppy. High nitrogen? Rooting hormone? I have some excellent tops I want to clone before flipping.

7 Likes

Cloned using Griffins tech.
A couple more days and these get transplanted. I threw away some clones that were not calloused properly.

4 Likes

@sponge that looks killer!! What kind of misters are those? Mine are from hd and I’m not that satisfied with them. They don’t mist very well in my opinion

1 Like

I have a similar diy cloner

I use Home Depot bucket lids that have the rubber ring in them. I find it doesn’t leak. You can make around 13-15 2” holes on top. They should have 5 gal black buckets too. I use plastidip to paint the lids black.
I used to use straight tap water but my next clone run I’m going to be using griffins tech cloning method. Look up “griffins tech” on Instagram.

3 Likes

Here’s the lid

5 Likes

Bitchin! I was gonna do 1" PVC but couldn’t find the reducers to get down to 1/2"NPT fast enough. So I seen the manifold and grabbed some tubing. I’m painting mine with the spray can rubberized truck bed liner. What do you use in your water to mix up for cloning?

2 Likes

I think I used 2” pvc.
I used to use straight tap water ( registers 0ppm on my blue lab) and some strains root in 2+ weeks but I was interested in griffins tech cloning method. He uses UC roots, Hormex, and clonex clone solution. Look up his method on Instagram. The results look stellar

2 Likes

http://www.just4growers.com/stream/propagation/aeroponic-cloning-faq.aspx
Here was a good thread

3 Likes

No nutrients at all. Just pH’d tap water to 6-6.5 will work.

2 Likes

I just ended up adding some clonex to my ph’d de chlorinated water. Here’s the first rendition. I’m sure there will be modifications to come. Looks like it should work good enough added some insulation cause it gets in the high 60s at night and some marine grade silicone to solve the over spray .

3 Likes

Got some roots going on all clones. This is the best one. First time cloning successfully.

4 Likes

Very nice brother! I just recently made a turbo cloner. I’ve been working on it for a few days but finally finished it last night! I’m super geeked about it. I can’t wait to see how they turn out. I used a seedling mix from GH. PPM 243 and PH’d at 5.8 with RO water. We’ll see what happens!

5 Likes

Nice job guys! Heres mine

7 Likes

Here’s my best @PreyBird1 impersonation. :joy:

I’m working on it!

Very nice guys! You continue to inspire me. My only regret is that I didnt make it bigger then a 5 gal bucket but then again I can only handle so many with small space. I just added what I had left in the pouch of clonex after dipping the stems, 30ml of microbe life hydroponics root dip and ph at 6.1. Did you guys get a pump and add on some misters or did you go another route?

3 Likes

Hey @sleeperjunky! Sorry for the late response. I’m trying to do better at keeping up on the various threads. Yes, I just followed the pictures that @preybird1and @Packee showed me of theirs and added my own touch to it. Just a pump, some PVC and nozzles. I found the nozzles and pump at my local grow store. The rest I just acquired from Lowes.

1 Like

Yeah i can only handle so many also. And i did a full 24 site clone man did i mess up! Wayyy to many plants! Those clones are these plants now.

6 Likes

The 10 min special

7 Likes

Ohhh! I’d like to see that powered on. I like that design @rickles.

1 Like

That should still work.

1 Like